Your choice for autoloader carry?

dukefan70

NES Member
I want to know what people carry in the way of autoloaders, particularly compact or subcompact. And I mean a CARRY GUN, not your full size .45 auto that stays home most of the time b/c you don't feel like taking it. Practical weapons that you or people you know carry comfortably on a regular basis and what you like about that choice.

P.S. Especially those of you in MA because we don't have such options as Kel-Tec and Kahr.

Last edited:
99% of the time, I carry either my Kimber Compact Aluminum frame (when using belt carry) or my Kahr PM9 (when using pocket carry).

Glock 27 or Glock 30....

We do have the options of Kel-Tec and Kahr BTW some dealers may not.... but we do.

I choose not to carry Kahr because Glocks hold more rounds and are slightly bigger and still conceal well. If I carried a Kahr it would be a PM 45

Last edited:
I want to know what people carry in the way of autoloaders, particularly compact or subcompact. And I mean a CARRY GUN, not your full size .45 auto that stays home most of the time b/c you don't feel like taking it. Practical weapons that you or people you know carry comfortably on a regular basis and what you like about that choice.

P.S. Especially those of you in MA because we don't have such options as Kel-Tec and Kahr.

I just have to ask for clarification....by autoloader, do you mean a double action....semi-auto...what? If I am assuming correctly, you are just asking about some form of semi-auto CCW? That being the case, I would say it depends on the situation and what you are comfortable with. During the winter months I carry a .40 or .45. I like the extra power on board. In the summer or at work, I carry a Walther P99c 9mm. Without going into the "palm sized" guns, I think it is one of the best out there. It's very small, light, and holds 10 + 1. Make sure you get the extended mag for your pinky, makes a lot of difference.

Glock 26 or in the winter Full Size M&P (9mm).....I don't really have an issue with the trigger..but we might get diff triggers in CT

Last edited:
Too true buketduder...MA requires handguns to be sold w/ a 10lb. trigger pull brand new; they can be adjusted after. I'm assuming "bad trigger" meant trigger pull. As far as Kel-Tec and Kahr are concerned, I thought we couldn't get them in MA. If I'm wrong, I'll be happy I am...I'll look into it again. Keep it coming guys.

This

EMP2-1.jpg

Ruger LCP, Glock 27, and I just picked up a G36 that I am going to try out to replace the 27, once I settle on a IWB holster choice. The 27 is hard to beat. Super concealable and and 10 rounds of Fo-Tay! And no, it hasn't blown up yet. [smile]

Oh, boy, are you gonna HATE my answers. Sorry, pal, but I found a Kahr K9 for sale in MA, and that's my usual carry gun. Occasionally, I'll pop a 2.5" bbl S&W Model 19 on my belt, and a NAA Mini Magnum sits in my pocket to back up the K9.

BTW... MrTwigg conceals a full size 1911 on his belt every day AFAIK.

S&W CS 9; the smallest metal frame auto S&W makes.

Loved my little Beretta .25, though. Not great stopping power, but small.

Back
Top Bottom