Your choice for autoloader carry?

S&W CS 9; the smallest metal frame auto S&W makes.

Loved my little Beretta .25, though. Not great stopping power, but small.

The little .25 huh? I love the size of my .25 Colt. Everyone just told me I'd piss people off with that thing. Now the Tomcat .380 packs a good punch for such a small package.

I imagine most days you are wearing a suit, what do you like to carry daily Scriv?

I just traded my PPK for a PPS. I thought about the new MASS ok Kahr PM9, but $200 more just because they put a external saftey on it? no thanks, I'll give the PPS a try

S&W MP45 full size on right side in fobus paddle
S&W MP40C on left side in LH fobus paddle
High Standard 2 barrel derringer .22 magnum in inside jacket pocket.

G30SF.

G30SF.jpg

-Mike

Mike, time to get the feather duster out. [smile]

Glock 36 with a +1 mag extension in a Galco IWB. Carry it every day. I love the way this gun conceals and 8 rounds of .45 is a lot more comforting to the mind than the 5 rounds of .38 special I was carrying before I got this.

seriously...would you consider selling or do you know where I could obtain a MA legal one?

They're all "MA legal" , AG regs BS aside, of course. (That only determines whether or not a dealer can transfer it or not without getting in trouble. )

And no, I'm not selling. [laugh] It's my favorite carry gun yet.

-Mike

...P.S. Especially those of you in MA because we don't have such options as Kel-Tec and Kahr.

We don't? Sure we do.

ruger p345 sweet to shoot and carry

Sig P226 .40 caliber in a Galco Concealed Carry OWB on my right hip. Never been made, never had a problem

Full size S&W 1911 with spare mag. 8 and 8+1 of .45 JHP makes for a good day =]

Aren't these three kind of "full sized"?

Last edited:
Nickle plated Lorcin, baby. Mexican carry.[smile]

Seriously, I carry a G17 for most of the colder months, and a S&W 642CT when it's warmer. I'm not a "fatty-boombalatty" and I have no problem concealing a full size.

I ran a small business for many years that requred the moving of large amounts of cash. At the same time, I became involved in IPSC competition. I pretty much carried 24/7 but got tired of the 39 oz 1911 pretty quick and also found that I preferred a D/A trigger on the first shot in self defense situations. Comfort and ease of carry led me to the S&W Model 60 until I finally found a semi auto that met my requirements (the 60 didn't).

This was the S&W 6906. The small size (3.25 in barrel) made it easy to conceal (the butt was a little fat, but 13 rounds sort of compensated for this), Novak sights, and excellent trigger (for a stock gun) made this an excellent carry gun. The pistol was good out to 50 yds, and I actually managed to put two out of three rounds, off hand, on a 100 yard target at an IPSC match at Bass River many years ago. In short, the gun was concealable but didn't sacrifice any performance. I shot this pistol in IPSC competioton for one season with pretty good results. This little gun spoiled me, now I want it all from a carry gun. One of my primary considerations in choosing a carry gun now is whether or not I would shoot it in an IPSC match.

Glock 36 with a +1 mag extension in a Galco IWB. Carry it every day. I love the way this gun conceals and 8 rounds of .45 is a lot more comforting to the mind than the 5 rounds of .38 special I was carrying before I got this.
I was there when you bought it. Now I keep looking in the same case for another one to show up so I can have one too. Never liked Glocks till I saw the 36 and now Mike's 30 in .45.

My daily gun is my keltec P3AT or my S&W 442. Both just disappear in my pocket. I do need to get a better pocket holster of the 442. When I lose the weight I hope to start carrying my Colt Combat Commander. However my current body shape does not allow that comfortably.

I was there when you bought it. Now I keep looking in the same case for another one to show up so I can have one too. Never liked Glocks till I saw the 36 and now Mike's 30 in .45.

My daily gun is my keltec P3AT or my S&W 442. Both just disappear in my pocket. I do need to get a better pocket holster of the 442. When I lose the weight I hope to start carrying my Colt Combat Commander. However my current body shape does not allow that comfortably.

Pete - Mika is a bit of a wait, (thank God I got in on the wave early), but it's easily among the best pocket holsters out there. Many make them more fancy-pants, but in my view, none are as functional.....

They're all "MA legal" , AG regs BS aside, of course. (That only determines whether or not a dealer can transfer it or not without getting in trouble. )

And no, I'm not selling. [laugh] It's my favorite carry gun yet.

-Mike

+1 on the 30SF......I would never sell mine....to me it's relatively compact has decent capacity in a sweet cartridge....

I want to know what people carry in the way of autoloaders, particularly compact or subcompact. And I mean a CARRY GUN, not your full size .45 auto that stays home most of the time b/c you don't feel like taking it. Practical weapons that you or people you know carry comfortably on a regular basis and what you like about that choice.

P.S. Especially those of you in MA because we don't have such options as Kel-Tec and Kahr.

Aren't these three kind of "full sized"?

Still meets some of the requirements of the OP's question. It is a full size .45, but sure doesn't stay home just because its big.

Back
Top Bottom