Your choice for autoloader carry?

I just switched from an M&P 40c to a Taurus millennium pro PT745. I have to say Taurus quality has come a long way over the years. This gun is smaller and thinner than the M&P compact, better grip angle and conceals a whole lot easier. It is also a SA/DA which is nice if you have a misfire - no racking the slide to reset the firing pin. Felt recoil and muzzle jump is also less than the 40. I have to say I'm really impressed with this little gun.

here are two that i carry some time... ;)

Picture%20004.jpg

I want to know what people carry in the way of autoloaders, particularly compact or subcompact. And I mean a CARRY GUN, not your full size .45 auto that stays home most of the time b/c you don't feel like taking it. Practical weapons that you or people you know carry comfortably on a regular basis and what you like about that choice.

P.S. Especially those of you in MA because we don't have such options as Kel-Tec and Kahr.

Full size 1911.

I carry a Beretta 92FS comfortably everyday except to and from school for obvious reasons......alot of people tell me im crazy to carry a full-size pistol as im only 5'7 120lbs but it conceals nicely and unnoticeable my fellow CCWers don't even notice. All it took was some wardrobe modifying, but it works, what can i say i love the firearm and im the most accurate with it out of all my others.

I think I'd like to try one of those little Glock .45s. I've been wearing a Kahr PM9 lately. I think the Glock might carry almost as well as the Kahr in the right clothes.

M&P40c, M&P40 (depends on the day) in a Crossbreed Supertuck.
I'll echo the sentiment, it's like it isn't even there.

M&P40c, M&P40 (depends on the day) in a Crossbreed Supertuck.
I'll echo the sentiment, it's like it isn't even there.

I tried to carry my M&Pc which everyone here seems so fond of,decent gun ,but as a carry gun I hated it and ended up selling it.

I'm opting for the Glock 33 (.357sig) with an internal Fricken' laser..
Glock33laserleft111.jpg

Glock33laser111.jpg

I want to know what people carry in the way of autoloaders, particularly compact or subcompact. And I mean a CARRY GUN, not your full size .45 auto that stays home most of the time b/c you don't feel like taking it. Practical weapons that you or people you know carry comfortably on a regular basis and what you like about that choice.

P.S. Especially those of you in MA because we don't have such options as Kel-Tec and Kahr.

I've carried more full-size autos than any other gun and never had an issue except in hot weather. I just picked up a S&W Model 37 for tucked in shirt casual-professional clothing. If I can wear anything that gives me cover over my waist I can conceal a full-size 1911 without any difficulty, which is my #1 choice.

My PPS .40 so far. My other option is my S&W 642. This will be the first summer I've carried, and we'll have to see how much blubber gets in the way. One of my goals is to lose a few lbs so there's more room for my PPS.

My .45 G-30 or the .40 P99c
Both are about the same size but the P99 has the corners of the slide cut at an angle so it can be more comfortable unlike the brick shape of the G-30. But, I do love the metal clip that screws to the back of the slide and no holster carry of the G-30 which is why it is on my side now. My Supertuck and Milt Sparks for the G-30 just collect dust now.

Yeah really...Either you lack a bit of reading comprehension, or you were looking for an argument. Perhaps you should have posted the full quote and since you're a fan of bold highlighting, I'll help you out:

particularly |pə(r)ˈtikyələrlē|
adverb
1 to a higher degree than is usual or average : I don't particularly want to be reminded of that time | [as submodifier ] particularly able students.
• used to single out a subject to which a statement is especially applicable : the team's defense is excellent, particularly their two center backs.
2 so as to give special emphasis to a point; specifically : he particularly asked that I should help you.

The OP left the door open for response to those of us who may in fact, carry full-sized autoloaders, as some of us have actually learned and practiced how to do it efficiently and see it as an option over a compact or subcompact autoloader...

...The OP left the door open for response to those of us who may in fact, carry full-sized autoloaders, as some of us have actually learned and practiced how to do it efficiently and see it as an option over a compact or subcompact autoloader...

I saw it as he wasn't really looking for those types of answers, as pointed out to you, as he was IN PARTICULAR looking for something OTHER than that.

I guess we just saw things differently.

Back
Top Bottom