• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Zero Hour Arms

SKS Ray

NES Member
Zero Hour Arms in Easton

I know i've seen info for this place on here but don't see a review any where so I figured i'd add my own. I took a drive up there tonight with my friend who is into AK style rifles. Its a small store, easy to find, and stocked with some pretty exotic rifles for this area. Uzis, Desert Eagles, AR & AK types, Glocks (some looking brand spanking new) unfortunately too pricey for my wallet. Granted these are firearms you can't find everywhere and they're worth the price, just nothing I can really afford.
When my friend remarked about a "not safe to shoot" tag on an old Remington 03 Springfield, the store owner (can't remember his name but a cool guy to talk to) said it was because it was old and mentioned something about it being a boat paddle. [roll] A quick look and I saw it had a 44 barrel and looked like a CMP rifle with the typical Greek army blued refinish with dried cosmolene still on it here and there. He said he wasn't into them and was more interested in spray with machine guns. Perfect shooting buddy for my friend that I went there with who was drooling over the AKs. To each their own I guess, i'm still poor and can't afford full autos yet. [lol]
Still a nice shop with a good variety if you're looking for a higher end military rifle or pistol. There were a good number of old shotguns there too which looked a little outa place, and a few M1 Carbines that looked more in my price range.

Re: Zero Hour Arms in Easton

Milsurps 4 Me said:
To each their own I guess, i'm still poor and can't afford full autos yet. [lol]

I wouldn't say you are poor...I'd say you are normal! I don't know too too much about prices on full autos, but as far as I've found, the cheapest you'll find is about $3K or so. I'll admit, I've splurged on a few things, but that's A LOT OF MONEY!

As mentioned above, this is a great shop if you are looking for hard to find handguns in Mass, as well as a great spot for pre ban assault rifles. The guys are very friendly and helpful and prices are reasonable. They do gunsmith work as well.

How are they with the gun related stuff, cleaning supplies, scopes, holsters, ammo, magazines, etc. I want to go there but can't afford another gun right now. I'd make it over a lot sooner if I had a "reason" to go (But, honey I NEED some AMMO. [wink] )

There was some oddball ammo there. 50AE for example, probably because of the Desert Eagle in 50 that was for sale. It is a very small shop and while they do have some accessories theres not much at all. What you see shown on the web site is pretty much what you see there with the exception of some cleaning products and a few mags.
This is basically a gun shop if you have $1,000 burning a hole in your pocket and you want a pre ban AK, hard to find compact sized Glock, Desert Eagle, and a few other higher end assault style rifles.
Carl at FS has better Glock prices and while I was looking at a cabinet full of said Mass compliant Glocks at Zero Hour, I saw one with accesory rail and non typical pre ban serial number prefix. :?

swatmedic said:
Another plus for George, He fixed my 1911 in short order, saved me sending the gun back to S&W ( i need it for the USPSA shoot at AFS this Sunday)

I forgot to mention the guy I spoke to there, can't remember his name, did seem to know a lot about gun repair and mentioned fixing AKs for customers. Could be a good place to bring tactical weapon types for repair since some gunsmiths aren't into fixing that type of firearm.

Milsurp,

If Glock has to replace a defective frame, slide, or barrel the replacement has some strange S/N scheme. I found the info on this somewhere but don't recall where.

LenS said:
Milsurp,

If Glock has to replace a defective frame, slide, or barrel the replacement has some strange S/N scheme. I found the info on this somewhere but don't recall where.

Thanks LenS, I didn't know that. I'll have to do some digging online. Reminds me of something a dealer I know told me. He said that pre 10/98 Glocks that were refurbed after 10/98 by Glock and sent back to Mass. customers were considered now illegal. In other words according to him its illegal for a customer to buy one from say FS and have it sent back to Glock for the refurbishing process, and then own it in Mass. Anyone hear about that?

Milsurps,

That is pure BS!

Also, Glock could replace a broken gun with a brand new one and not break any laws. I understand that after the AG hammered their approval (after the fact, of course), they are reluctant to do that, but it is perfectly legal.

Even the old Fed AWB allowed a mfr to replace a gun with a brand new one with new S/N . . . and that complied with the law (you couldn't make any MORE "pre-bans" but replace one for one was acceptable by BATFE). Ditto with mags, which makes life very interesting interpreting the MA ban on "new' hi-cap mags.

Thanls again LenS for the info. Pays to know since Mass has such grey areas in their laws. Just think how much money and time would be saved if we didn't have such a screwy AG.

Mozambique_Drill said:
All the while the employees were talking loudly about extremely vulgar things. For instance; the type of fish a penis smelled like after having sex with a married woman that had gotten drunk while on a business trip.

Someone from this area has bagged Hillary Clinton?!?! [shock]
I'm kiddin' [lol] Don't know what was goin' on when you visited, both times i've talked with one of the owners (can't remember his name) it was friendly and cool.

I actually stopped by zero hour to sell a preban ak and I had a completely different experience. I found the shop to be a great place if you are a collector of preban high quality firearms. It was the first time I had ever been in their and the employees were nothing but more than nice to me. I also inquired on several of the services they offered and they were more than happy to price the jobs for me and to offer any help or suggestions on custom work. If you havent checked this place out I highly recommend the drive they have some stuff you dont see often and as I stated above if you are a preban highend military collector (like myself) this place cant be beat.

I personally have not yet made it up to the store but sounds like a great place, Some nice firearms and great stories whats better than that!! I hope to make it up there next weekend

I wouldn't worry about any loss of business caused by this incident.The people that are interested in the stuff Zero Arms sells have a sense of humor.

The other people that are saying they wouldn't go based on this persons first post (registered just to trash your shop) don't shop anywhere but the almighty Four Seasons anyway.

Ironic thing is if this experience happened at Four seasons,half the board would lose their mind and make up lame excuses.Then of course the thread would be edited.

ETA: changed trashed to edited..

I just want to add two things then i'm set on this topic (which I started btw, but it looks kinda out of control). [roll]
1. I'll stick with what I said in the first post that Zero Hour is a high end shop with some pricey guns. If you want pre ban assault type rifles and have some cash, this is the shop to get em at. Prices were average and the guy I spoke with was cool and willing to sit a while and chat with me and my friend about AKs, ammo, etc.
2. If I walked into a gun shop and GG Allin came out from behind the counter covered in feces i'd still buy a gun if the price was right and it was something I was looking for. [lol] Point is i'd rather have a shop owner be honest and be themselves in front of me instead of someone trying to blow smoke up my ass to get me to buy a gun. I understand some folks are easily offended and thats ok with me. I'm cool with everybody until they give me reason not be. Theres gun shops I won't bring my wife into because of the talk that goes on there, doesn't mean I won't still shop there. Just remember, in a hobby like this you're gonna run into some offending people. Its almost like going out bar hopping... you go to the bars where your crowd of people hangs out.

What kind of 1911 are you looking for? I got a S&W 108282 it's a 5 inch SS with fixed carry sights. Which are Novacks with the white dots, I couldn't belive how accurate it is. It handles better than my Sig Sauer P220. I paid $699 new at Four Seasons last year.

I like it so much I'm going to buy a 108283 also, which is a blue 4 1/4 inch with the same sights. It's a little lighter by about 10 oz. Also a couple of things I like about S&W 1911 is the great factory warrenty and the external extractor, which is so dependable..

I'm waiting for a local store to have a S&W day to get one. They had one last year at Northeast trading and had some great deals.

I like the looks of the Para but I rather play it safe with the S&W warrenty.

In this state theres not alot of 1911's to choose from.

Bugs100 said:
I like the looks of the Para but I rather play it safe with the S&W warrenty.

Just so you know, the Para Warrenty is second to none. I've known two other people besides myself that have needed to use it, and issues were fixed with no questions asked.

I even told them that I lost a part completly my fault and they sent it out for free.

AFTER READING THE EARLIER POSTS I HAD TO RESPOND. FIRST ABOUT THE SW1911SC PRICE DIFFERENCE, I RECENTIY TRADED IN
THE ONE THEY HAVE LISTED FOR $50.00 LESS. I BROUGHT IN A COUPLE OF PISTOLS AND LEFT WITH A PREBAN RIFLE I WANTED, GOOD DEAL FOR ME AND ZERO HOUR. TO THEIR CREDIT THEY COULD HAVE PRICED
BOTH PISTOL THE SAME, BECAUSE THEY ARE IN THE SAME SHAPE, THIS SHOWS ME THAT WHEN THEY GET A GOOD DEAL THEY PASS IT ALONG.

TO ANYONE OUT THERE ,IF YOU DO NOT GO ZERO HOUR YOU WILL BE MISSING OUT. THESE GUYS ENJOY COLLECTING AND SHOOTING MILITARY STYLE FIREARMS, LIKE SOME US DO. SINCE I DID THE TRADE
I HAVE ORDERED A RIFLE,BOUGHT AMMO AND AN AR15 LOWER, AND HAVE GOTTEN GREAT SERVICE AT VERY FAIR PRICE.

If the subject in question was male the I stand corrected and wholeheartedly issue an apology for stepping out of bounds. If I was wrong and out of place, I'll admitt to the mistake and apologize for it. I got the feeling the subject was female, hence my position.

I have purchased two guns from Zero Hour and both times I was treated very well. The guys inside the shop were very helpful. I will definately go back.

I have been in gun shops that would not even give me the time of day. They would talk with Glenn,but me being female I guess I didn't know anything.[thinking] So as a result I do not frequent them.
As far as bad taste in joke... well I put up with a bunch of mechs in the Army so it would take a bit to offend me. I just probably wouldn't think it appropriate and make my judgement later.

I recently purchased a USP from ZHA and have not a bad word to say about them or their shop. Traded in an old piece of junk and put the money to the H&K. I have seen them at some of the shows since and they are always friendly enough. My 2 cents.

First, the word is warranty; not "warrenty."

Second, Para Ordnance does stand behind its products. It repolished a "large capacity" mag AND gave me a standard mag while the original was being redone.

When my slide started to peen at the slide stop lever, it redid the slide AND polished out the scratch an overzealous - and CLUMSY - intermeddler put on said new slide by incompetently reinserting the slide stop.

Not to say the S&W gun or its warranty is not good; just that Para backs its products - and S&W DON'T make no "hi-cap" 1911s.

Last edited:
Scrivener said:
First, the word is warranty; not "warrenty."

Second, Para Ordnance does stand behind its products. It repolished a "large capacity" mag AND gave me a standard mag while the original was being redone.

When my slide started to peen at the slide stop lever, it redid the slide AND polished out the scratch an overzealous - and CLUMSY - intermeddler put on said new slide by incompetently reinserting the slide stop.

Not to say the S&W gun or its warrany is not good; just that Para backs its products - and S&W DON'T make no "hi-cap" 1911s.

First,the word is "warranty",not "warrany".[smile]

I got a great deal on a trade in for my G26 towards a HK USP,great guys.I just need more money for all their cool toys.

Back
Top Bottom