• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Zero Hour Arms

Scored a G36K kit w/ discontinued Surefire front end:

vmn2cF5.jpg

I'll bring it by when it's finished, it should be a good project. A completely random find at your shop, fell together really fast! Thanks.

I did make a neg comment on this page about some experience I had and witnessed at this shop and Alex came out and gave us the lowdown on being the new owner so I figured I would give it another try.So I'm just going to be honest here. The heavy set guy that works here that looks greek with black hair and Gold chain... Well he bugs the crap out of me! Every thing I mention from this post and my other post was dealing with this employee. I just feel like I'm dealing with a car salesman with this guy. Went in today Looking for something specific and got treated like I'm a moron and since he works there he knows everything and I know nothing. Well Ive been around guns for a very long time now (25+years) and I dont need his 2 cents on why I want that gun and this gun is better and its in stock etc.. I want what I want I will buy what I want somewhere that has it..

I did make a neg comment on this page about some experience I had and witnessed at this shop and Alex came out and gave us the lowdown on being the new owner so I figured I would give it another try.So I'm just going to be honest here. The heavy set guy that works here that looks greek with black hair and Gold chain... Well he bugs the crap out of me! Every thing I mention from this post and my other post was dealing with this employee. I just feel like I'm dealing with a car salesman with this guy. Went in today Looking for something specific and got treated like I'm a moron and since he works there he knows everything and I know nothing. Well Ive been around guns for a very long time now (25+years) and I dont need his 2 cents on why I want that gun and this gun is better and its in stock etc.. I want what I want I will buy what I want somewhere that has it..

Sir,
I doubt you were treated like a moron. What were you looking for exactly? This was today? June 16? What time were you in? I think there is something disingenuous here. If you had a conversation because you asked a question and didn't receive the answer you wanted that's different than the circumstances you are describing. Come by and speak with me about your experience. You can PM me if you're uncomfortable continuing this conversation in public.
Oleg aka Alex

I stopped in on my way back from a meeting down the Cape, specifically due to the deal posted here for the H&K P30/VP9 mags (see their listing in the Dealer Classifieds sub-forum).

Great deal, good people. Spent a lot of time there swapping war stories with Brian.

Stopped in this afternoon for some blanks for my new toy only shop in the area that actually carries them. Friendly and still a great spot for ebr's

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Still a shadow of what it was 5 years ago. Back then ther were 20 or 30 C&R/milsurp guns on the wall and in the glass cabinets. All kinds of neat accessories and ammo all over the place as well as new guns. Class 3 items hanging from the ceiling. Now not so much.

Still a shadow of what it was 5 years ago. Back then ther were 20 or 30 C&R/milsurp guns on the wall and in the glass cabinets. All kinds of neat accessories and ammo all over the place as well as new guns. Class 3 items hanging from the ceiling. Now not so much.

Hello sir or ma'am!
I wonder... when were you here last?
View attachment 144952

View attachment 144953

We may not be a C&R/milsurp specialty store but we do try to keep a variety in stock.
Additionally, any store that has "Class 3 items hanging from the ceiling" is, in our opinion, irresponsible.

View attachment 144951

Notice our NFA (what you called "Class 3") items are locked and securely on display, not "hanging from the ceiling" for just anyone to manipulate and cause a decrease in value by way of accident (or otherwise). Our additional NFA items are stored in a secure facility.
Feel free to visit us again at MY Zero Hour Arms...since it's been apparently 5 years since you were here.
As far as our new gun selection, please see our website at www.zerohourarms.com
Respectfully,
Oleg aka Alex
Owner
Zero Hour Arms

Last edited:
Hello sir or ma'am!
I wonder... when were you here last?
View attachment 144952

View attachment 144953

We may not be a C&R/milsurp specialty store but we do try to keep a variety in stock.
Additionally, any store that has "Class 3 items hanging from the ceiling" is, in our opinion, irresponsible.

View attachment 144951

Notice our NFA (what you called "Class 3") items are locked and securely on display, not "hanging from the ceiling" for just anyone to manipulate and cause a decrease in value by way of accident (or otherwise). Our additional NFA items are stored in a secure facility.
Feel free to visit us again at MY Zero Hour Arms...since it's been apparently 5 years since you were here.
As far as our new gun selection, please see our website at www.zerohourarms.com
Respectfully,
Oleg aka Alex
Owner
Zero Hour Arms

Alex, might want to put a few more guns on your web site

Alex you are correct its your Zerhourgun shop now. Its hard to walk into a business that had a XYZ reputation good or bad and have people accept change.
many people if they do not really know its a new owner or what have you expected a certain level of what ever that expectation was prior to your ownership.
That is missing now for some people.
As for C&R items I would like to guess that its hard to stock C&R items at a reasonable price that those with a C&R can get themselves for close to the same price?

I would love to see a shop thats full of C&R type of firearms like a pack and postal south east version.

I will be over that way next month and I plan on getting a roastbeef sandwhich and stopping in after.

Last edited:
The funny thing is that Jim hated the C&R guns, but when Marco was there C&R was his thing so they had a good stock of them. Marco TTBOMK retired a number of years ago and I think that Jim let the supply of C&Rs dwindle prior to selling the business to Oleg.

Mac, I'd love to see a SE version of Pack & Postal as well but I don't think that I could afford that in my travel area. [laugh]

The funny thing is that Jim hated the C&R guns, but when Marco was there C&R was his thing so they had a good stock of them. Marco TTBOMK retired a number of years ago and I think that Jim let the supply of C&Rs dwindle prior to selling the business to Oleg.

Mac, I'd love to see a SE version of Pack & Postal as well but I don't think that I could afford that in my travel area. [laugh]

AMEN! Only got in their once and I was already poor, didn't help much leaving there more po than before.... have not heard much of him.
I tried calling a few times no answer. Now that I have 3 kids I don't have the money.
New truck, preschool bill, daughter knocked my teeth out with a awesome golf swing , yeah it just keeps bleeding out from the wallet.

Sometimes I'm thankful local shops don't have what I want.

I found the selection of not to common stuff at ZHA Pre Alex to be pretty good.

Last edited:
Hey guys!
You are correct. Getting quality C&R at reasonable prices is quite the task and we do our best to keep a spectrum of firearms on hand so we can cater to everyone the best we can. But honestly guys...class 3 items hanging from the ceiling? Does that strike you as a responsible gun shop? More importantly - why aren't my pictures showing? [thinking]
I know they pop up when clicked on but usually they appear within and alongside the text.

Thanks guys!
Hope to see you all soon!
Oleg aka Alex

Hey guys!
You are correct. Getting quality C&R at reasonable prices is quite the task and we do our best to keep a spectrum of firearms on hand so we can cater to everyone the best we can. But honestly guys...class 3 items hanging from the ceiling? Does that strike you as a responsible gun shop? More importantly - why aren't my pictures showing? [thinking]
I know they pop up when clicked on but usually they appear within and alongside the text.

Thanks guys!
Hope to see you all soon!
Oleg aka Alex

I don't see the difference between any firearm on display really. All though I would not have item that potential could worth 20k+ with in a easy grasp of prying hands.
Alex I will be stopping in sometime mid Sept. Last I was in was 2013 when my dad was up at the Brockton VA. Hospital. Was not the best time for any shop.

I don't see the difference between any firearm on display really. All though I would not have item that potential could worth 20k+ with in a easy grasp of prying hands.
Alex I will be stopping in sometime mid Sept. Last I was in was 2013 when my dad was up at the Brockton VA. Hospital. Was not the best time for any shop.

I understand. Thank you for letting me know that you will be coming by. We can talk and if you want something special my team and I can work on getting it for you. Just remind me before you come in or introduce yourself so I can remember as I see so many people daily.
Thank you again!
Oleg aka Alex

I stopped in today to pick up a g43 at a great price. They had a large selection of guns especially ones hard to find in ma, and they had the best customer service that I have seen anywhere.

I stopped in today to pick up a g43 at a great price. They had a large selection of guns especially ones hard to find in ma, and they had the best customer service that I have seen anywhere.

Thanks for the kind review. We know you have your choice of dealers and we appreciate that you chose us! If we can ever be of any help do not hesitate to contact us.
And as always, you and all of our customers are always welcome to just come down and hang out, talk politics, raise blood pressure,etc [smile]
Respectfully,
Oleg aka Alex and the Zero Hour Arms team

first time at ZHA.

top notch staff. knowledgeable and courteous. will certainly return in the future. highly recommend.

^What he said.^

Stopped in today for the first time, and found a great deal that I couldn't live without. Brian was very helpful and a great guy. I will be back :)

Great Store! If you haven't gone, go!

Stopped in during the last week. Great store! Very friendly and accommodating. One of my best gun store experiences to date and I've been to many.

I worked with Brian who is a great guy. He has a wealth of knowledge and experience and goes the extra mile. I highly recommend you take some time and stop in.

What's not to like? Picture courtesy of the zero hour arms website --http://www.zerohourarms.com/

IMAG1079.jpg

Stopped in a few days ago before Thanksgiving. Again a great experience. I went in for a transfer on something I had shipped in. The ZHA crew was great as always. A friend of mine came with me and put in a pre-order for something of his own. Great shop and even better people. I'll be back again soon to add to the collection.

Caveman

I wanted to add my own review on this. I saw an ad on this forum for a firearm and messaged Brian. He quickly responded even though he was out of country. He really took the time to not only explain the firearm to me, but also to explain and compare to other firearms in the same class. After a couple of back and forths I manage to get out of work early and took the ride down there. The shop is a great little shop with tons of Variety. It was just me and one other customer, and since Brian was helping a woman really dive into a couple of firearms and concealed carry etc. I got to spend some time with the employees. Great group of guys with great knowledge around the laws of carrying and the pistols themselves. They brought them out of the back, allowed me to compare, put them in holsters try them on etc. It was just awesome.

I'm confident my next purchase is coming from them. Thanks again for the help! I'm loving the glock. ;)

Finally stopped into ZHA today after meaning to for a couple of years. Immediately upon entering I was warmly greeted by a staff member, which rarely happens in retail—never mind a gun shop. During my purchase I interacted with several staff members who were all extremely helpful, without a hint of BS. Gotta say…the crew (and of course the inventory) at ZHA made a helluva first impression. It's about a 3 hour round trip for me, and I'll definitely be back—soon.

Damn, I gotta get my butt over there to check them out. I have talked to them a couple of times on the phone, now it's time to make the drive.

I live 5 minutes away and stopped going a few years ago because I got sick of the BS. I was there last week to check it out and buy ammo and they were very friendly. Will be back after to holidays..

Ladies and gentlemen thank you for all the positive feedback. I'm happy to know that my team and I are making an impact with so many new customers. We really do try to give each individual customer all the attention they deserve and answer questions to the best of our ability. Occasionally we may not have an answer but we will endeavor to find it for you. We really do our best to make sure you are not treated like a number and with the volume we've been experiencing please forgive us if we can't spend the amount of time with you that you've been accustomed to.
Merry Christmas!
Oleg aka Alex and the ZHA team

I like the fact that you are here on the forum and respond to both positive and negative comments when they pop up. Nice to have you around. I'll be sure to introduce myself when I make it up your way to visit.

-Cuz.

I like the fact that you are here on the forum and respond to both positive and negative comments when they pop up. Nice to have you around. I'll be sure to introduce myself when I make it up your way to visit.

-Cuz.

Cuz,
We look forward to it! Hopefully we can get more involved with the NES community and attend one of those meets I hear about occasionally.
Stay safe!
Oleg aka Alex

I havent been over to the shop in about 4 years.....But next time i do come I will say hi....thanks fo rbeing active on NES

My first trip to ZH today to pick up some parts they'd set aside for me. Great guys, service and prices were outstanding.

Thanks again, Merry Christmas.

Back
Top Bottom