Zero Hour Arms

Hey - which Walmart in the area has 50rd boxes of 9mm for $10. I'd like to go check this out in person.

Taunton and Swansea both sell tula for 10 and change
Correction: its raynham Walmart rite on the taunton line

- - - Updated - - -

I swear you some of you are the gun owners worst enemies.

when did commenting on WAY over priced ammo become so detrimental?

Last edited:
ZH is a great place. Its fun for me, whenever I can get over there. The guys behind the counter know their stuff, and are good guys.

I went there last saturday, not quit what it was the last time I went (5yrs) selection was kinda slim on the "military" stuff....prices where on par with most mass shops but more expensive than the other states average....ammo was well a bit over priced in my mind.....11.99 for 20 rounds of surplus 54r is just, well high? when you can get ppu for 14.00/20 ?

I wont do business with them since the owner who was stopping by another shop fed me BS on an "upcoming ban" to try to get me to buy a PTR91 on the spot. I mentioned I was on my predeployment leave and he told me that while I was overseas a ban on XYZ would be going through so I should buy it right now.

Lying to potential customers to try to make a sale = never will get my business again.

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

I wont do business with them since the owner who was stopping by another shop fed me BS on an "upcoming ban" to try to get me to buy a PTR91 on the spot. I mentioned I was on my predeployment leave and he told me that while I was overseas a ban on XYZ would be going through so I should buy it right now.

Lying to potential customers to try to make a sale = never will get my business again.

Mike

Which owner? Jim sold ZHA to Alex (pretty sure that is his name) a while ago. Jim still is usually at the shop 1 day/week I am told, but he doesn't own it anymore.

Mike

I only met them once and that was at a gun show in Wilmington. They had a few over priced glocks for sale.. I asked the price on a few mags they had on the table with no price and kept me waiting over ten mins cause the guy wanted to talk to another guy about cars. I walked away after aside looking at one of there glocks kept muzzle sweeping me and dry firing .

I liked the merchandise at their shop, and the people that work there are knowledgeable. However, it is the only place where I went where felt I was "pressured" to buy. It happened 18 - 24 months ago.

First time I went in, worked through a nice conversation with a gentleman who went though a bunch of options with me. He did a good job listening to me, and we spent a good deal of time on a new Steyr M9-A1. I went home to think about it, since it was my first purchase.

I go in the next weekend, ready to purchase. Different guy "helps" me. I tell him I'd like to purchase a Steyr M9A1, and he redirects me to a Gen4 G19 - much better gun, will last for ever, and its a Glock. Its $300 more than I'm willing to spend. When I ask about used G19s and if they are more in my price range, he goes on to tell me that I want to get a new Gen4 instead of the used Gen2s (that are above my price range as well). Starting to not like the transaction more, since he's telling me that Glocks are indestructable when talking new Glocks, but he's contradicting himself saying I don't want used ones because I don't know how prior owners treated it. When I told him I'd leave and think about it, he tried to muscle me into a purchase saying that any day now, the UN was going to ban handgun sales in the US. [rolleyes] I risked my second amendment rights, threw all caution to the wind, and I left anyway without making a purchase.

ZHA cost themselves a safe full of future purchases because I didn't like the car sales high pressure feel of the second clerk. Since I hear that there is a new owner via these posts, I might give it another visit.

The place was sold over the winter, the entire sales staff has changed as well. I was there on Saturday and know the owner and staff, they're not high pressure by any means. Talk to Dave or Brian, they'll take care of you. FYI - the sales staff doesn't work on commission.

Hopefully the prices took a hit as well. 3 years ago they had virtually no competition but now "MA's armpit region" actually has several more shops in it than it used to.

-Mike

Which owner? Jim sold ZHA to Alex (pretty sure that is his name) a while ago. Jim still is usually at the shop 1 day/week I am told, but he doesn't own it anymore.

Older taller guy, this was summer 2011. A friend of mine did mention one of his friends was looking to buy the place, and the name alex sounds familiar.

I'll have to check them out again since I work right near there. I haven't been back since I saw 9mm tula steel for $30

Ammo prices were screwy, hopefully they come down. I saw a decent deal, used free-state PM9 in-box sold on Sat for $550. There were two used 3rd gen glock compensated in stock within a row of 10 other various models, lots of HK handguns, and a Sig p226 elite.

in my experience at zero hour i dont think things have changed
prices are high
condescending attitide
pray on new gun owners
100 dollar transfers
and the reasons in previous posts
just my 2 cents,opinions vary

in my experience at zero hour i dont think things have changed
prices are high
condescending attitide
pray on new gun owners
100 dollar transfers
and the reasons in previous posts
just my 2 cents,opinions vary

100$ transfer that cant be real! I was in there a few years ago and it was 25$.
Really if they are indeed charging 100$ transfer fee that just seems c

Ya I gave them another shot since I heard new owners idk one guy seemed nice enough I was looking for a pre ban sigma mag. He told me no such thing, after brief discussion and disagreement ,I told him to go look it up and he came back to tell me I was right.
Then I asked a young kid behind the counter about a few other items and got a rude no don't have them without even looking up from the laptop. I finally saw some 30 rd AR mags and put them right back when he said $50.
I think I'm done with that place

Ya I gave them another shot since I heard new owners idk one guy seemed nice enough I was looking for a pre ban sigma mag. He told me no such thing, after brief discussion and disagreement ,I told him to go look it up and he came back to tell me I was right.
Then I asked a young kid behind the counter about a few other items and got a rude no don't have them without even looking up from the laptop. I finally saw some 30 rd AR mags and put them right back when he said $50.
It certainly isn't your average gun shop. I never go in there with the intention and expectation of buying something. It's more like a visit to a museum. It's entertainment of a sort. But if you do happen to find something you want at an affordable price (a rare occurrence!), all the better.

I almost bought a vintage (preban) Norinco AK there years ago. Always wished that I had. Too bad that I wasn't better educated at the time. The asking price seemed high at the time, but I later figured out that it wasn't that bad after all. Live and learn. [thinking]

I wouldn't consider the fact someone didn't know a preban magazine existed for a Sigma. It was made what, a single year between 1993 and 1994? [rofl]

Back
Top Bottom