17-year-old arrested in killing of 2 people in Kenosha

Pretty certain each one of them is considering the personal effect of an outcome that doesn't align with the mob.

It's all that has been occurring the last 12+ months with the attacks, getting fired, false prosecutions, families threatened, property destroyed, smeared in the media, etc all the while the police, FBI, .gov stand down (or are directly implicated in). None of this is lost on the GOP.

.Gov could do something here to protect the jurists but will they? Based on what we've seen in recent history ...
The very simple fact that it's even a calculus in their minds means THE FIX IS IN. The court has an extraordinary latitude in insulating jurors from outside influence. The fact they chose not to use it...

8f6fdbe1f7601655620be9d19e31b491_500x0.jpg
Close, but he loves peckers.

In theory that was supposed to be "bred out" at voir dire, much in the same way they get rid of us (especially those of us who are fully-informed about jury rights).
True, but that’s “in theory” only. They only got seven peremptory strikes, the rest had to be for specific reasons. As long as the prospective juror doesn't explicitly say they would never find him innocent, they can easily slip through void dire. I highly doubt that the truly dedicated lefty wouldn’t know how to game the system and end up seated.

I don’t know. In lockup over here they get plain turkey sandwiches from D’Angelo’s. Not worth sticking around for.
I was on a jury about 20 years ago (I’m 40). I had to explain ‘blunts’ to older folks, haha. They gave us free lunch every day from a local sub shop. I just ordered like ham/cheese, turkey/cheese....never pushed for anything fancy, so I dont know if there were limits or you could just get the whole right side of the menu?? That was the highlight for me. It took a week, and I still lived with parents at the time, but i was also working under the table at the time, envelope of cash on my visor every Friday at lunch. Man, those were the days!!!

I don’t know. In lockup over here they get plain turkey sandwiches from D’Angelo’s. Not worth sticking around for.
Wait....D’Angelos is still in business?!?! They used to make a killer thanksgiving Sammy!!!

Also, haven’t ever been in lockup.....yet.

I think that a hung jury is an automatic mistrial, but I bet the judge could still tack prejudice onto that.

A hung jury indeed by definition leads to a mistrial. The judge can still conclude the prosecution didn’t meet their burden and dismiss charges.

And, if they do return a verdict he doesn't like, he can always set it aside.

Only for a guilty verdict, correct.

Nah, he needs to give the jury an opportunity to do its job

If they dont after a couple days and it turns out to be a product of efforts/actions to terrorize the jury then I expect this judge to take some extraordinary actions

There are politics playing out in Wisconsin.....the Kenosha mayor is a turd.....as is the political establishment......its taken decades to queue up Kenosha into the state its in.......and dont expect dem governor evers to step in to maintain order......there's a reason the NG is queued up 90 mins away from Kenosha......cuz they're never gonna get there to prevent a problem......only clean up after the fires burn out
Im having flashbacks of the 2020 elections. Why do I feel like we're going to wake up tomorrow to a guilty verdict and the judge being like, "The system worked, the jury has spoken."

Back
Top Bottom