• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

9mm Carbine (Sig, Wilson Combat, Angstadt)

Hello Everyone!

Hope all is well. I noticed Ruger and Six (MPX) have Massachusetts compliant rifles in 9mm. With that being said, I am wondering if the same applies to Quarter Circle 10, Wilson Combat, and/or Angstadt Arms? Assuming it has a pinned stock, no flash hider, and 10-round mag.

Thoughts? Opinions? Anything would be greatly appreciated.

Don’t forget the Kel-Tec’s or Hipoints, they’re lower end but still viable options. As far as anything on an AR style lower as a dealer I wouldn’t transfer it due to the ridiculous nature AG’s interpretation. If you’re determined to go that route there are a few 80% pistol caliber lower options out there that would be suitable if you were willing to chance it.

CZ Scorpion carbines are the bees knees. But there are carbines out there that can take pre-ban hi caps that might be a better fit

Awesome reply’s everyone. I greatly appreciate it! For whatever reason I am bias to the companies I listed. Shot a friends Wilson Combat in NH and it was amazing and I was actually surprised on the recoil (more than expected)

Hello Everyone!

Hope all is well. I noticed Ruger and Six (MPX) have Massachusetts compliant rifles in 9mm. With that being said, I am wondering if the same applies to Quarter Circle 10, Wilson Combat, and/or Angstadt Arms? Assuming it has a pinned stock, no flash hider, and 10-round mag.

Thoughts? Opinions? Anything would be greatly appreciated.

If it's too AR-like it might be tough to transfer in MA. The ones commonly available are all unique designs, not AR pattern rifles in 9mm.

If it's too AR-like it might be tough to transfer in MA. The ones commonly available are all unique designs, not AR pattern rifles in 9mm.

That is what I was thinking but the Sig MPX could also be considered that. (I suppose we could argue this for hours) But just thoughts

Ken

I am really interested in the Ruger PC9. I hear nothing but good things so far.
I would love a scorpion or an MPX, but I am not really interesting in anything that doesn't take preban happy-sticks.
These PCC's blast and they run: Pre 94 Colt Subgun Honeybadger and a new Zenith Frankencarbine PCC.jpg

I don't know what happened with Hickock (saw his video) but I have 300+ rounds thru my Ruger PC9 so far with no failures at all...and it is a really sweet shooter with almost no recoil. Comes to the shoulder and handles really well too. I have several 9mm carbines and this is my favorite.

I wouldn't mind getting a 9mm carbine that takes G19 magazines. I haven't looked too hard into it but doesn't Keltec make such a beast?
Googling it now... Yes they do/did. Anyone have the sub2000 in 9mm/ G19 mags compatible they wanna part with? :)

I wouldn't mind getting a 9mm carbine that takes G19 magazines. I haven't looked too hard into it but doesn't Keltec make such a beast?
Googling it now... Yes they do/did. Anyone have the sub2000 in 9mm/ G19 mags compatible they wanna part with? :)

This one takes not just the magazine but the whole gun. :) I'll be more interested when they make it for gen 5, prefer no finger grooves.

Micro RONI® Stabilizer

0001561_micro-roni-stabilizer-white.jpeg

I wouldn't mind getting a 9mm carbine that takes G19 magazines.

This is one of the well liked features of the new Ruger PC9 carbines. The magazine well has inserts to accept different types of mags. I believe the rifles come with inserts for Glock mags and Ruger SR9 mags, and there are other inserts available.

I just got the new Ruger PC 9mm carbine, and am using Glock magazines. It is very nice, much better trigger than the old Ruger carbine. Of all the pistol caliber magazine fed rifles I have tried I like it the best so far in terms of weight, balance and trigger. The original Ruger PC9 was a little too heavy, and the trigger was not good.

I originally got the carbines so I could shoot indoors in the winter, the club I belonged to only allowed pistol calibers at their indoor range. But I only shoot outdoors now.

Shooting 9mm at 100 yards feels a bit silly, I have to admit. But it is cheaper than anything else except .22LR or 7.62x39 steel case ammo.

I had a Sub 2000 Gen 2 that took G19 mags and the grip was way too short, much shorter than an actual G19. It was a two finger grip. I can almost tolerate a two finger grip on a pistol but not a carbine.

I did a full grip swap on it and converted it to the multi-mag grips and the Beretta mag catch and the grip was much better. Still, I sold it in the classifieds and upgraded to a CX4 Storm. I did love that little Sub 2000 though and I'll get another one some day.

Skip the G19 version and get the G17 version.

Last edited:
The Ruger PC Carbine is a takedown, and costs about as much as the KelTec, but is built a lot better, IMHO

CGW in hyannis had a couple a while back.
Couldn't hurt to give them a shout
I'll stop by this weekend anyway and check

Any plans to SBR it?
I've got a vector and an Omega MP5 clone. Both awaiting stamps.

I wouldn't own either in rifle config.

Back
Top Bottom