• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Amend LEOSA for C.O's

They are civilians too. They have you duped if you think otherwise.

Yes we are civilians but cops on top of that, we're cops 24/7 and held to that standard at all times, plain and simple. I said it before I wish we had national CCW laws for everyone but don't crap on LEOs b/c were allowed to carry anywhere. Try a petition so everyone can carry nationwide. I have tried many time to talk with elected officials but they all have their own agendas and it goes in one ear out the other

held to that standard at all times, plain and simple

Many on this thread read this as "and will receive special treatment 24x7 if we are ever involved in a confrontation for which a non-LEO may expect LTC revocation, arrest and prosecution".

but don't crap on LEOs b/c were allowed to carry anywhere.

As a member of the society that hires you, I would very much prefer that you have no special immunity from laws that I must comply with when you are off duty. That is not "crapping on LEOs" or showing a lack of respect for what you do, but rather expressing a view that policing should be a special public service job, not appointment to a special class that has different rights that ordinary people.

Last edited:
This is like a school yard argument. "You get special treatment. That's not fair!" Do you guys also subscribe to the "there are no losers" in sports theories the libs put out there also? Not all LEOs are these anti second amendment freaks you guys are claiming them to be. Not all are the Chicago COP. I'd reason to bet half this board are LEOs. Is that to spy on you? No, it's because they believe in the right to carry and they enjoy the sports and protection associated with it.

This thread is just more example of why I legitimately hate cops.

NES: "that's screwed up that cop did (insert legitimately ****ed up thing)".

NES cops and badgesniffers: "you guys don't get it. Stop cop bashing."

Or

NES: "nobody should get special treatment, and the law should apply equally to all".

NES C/BS: "we get special treatment because we are special. And if you don't think we should get at least the special treatment we currently get, screw you".

To NES pigs: FOAD.

Obie, this doesn't apply to you... You seem to be legitimately one of the good ones... But for the love of god, you and your brothers are running out of time to purge your ranks of the shitbags. The system is driving a wedge between police and citizens... And actions of some of the police are pounding that wedge hard.

To you cops here... Ask yourself... Are you Law Enforcement Officers or Officers of the Peace? If you consider yourself law enforcement, you are the goddamn problem. By it's very nature, LE means subjugating the populace to the will of words on paper, regardless of what any normally calibrated moral compass would indicate as right or wrong.

Or

NES: "nobody should get special treatment, and the law should apply equally to all".

NES C/BS: "we get special treatment because we are special. And if you don't think we should get at least the special treatment we currently get, screw you".

Obie, this doesn't apply to you... You seem to be legitimately one of the good ones... But for the love of god, you and your brothers are running out of time to purge your ranks of the shitbags. The system is driving a wedge between police and citizens... And actions of some of the police are pounding that wedge hard.

To you cops here... Ask yourself... Are you Law Enforcement Officers or Officers of the Peace? If you consider yourself law enforcement, you are the goddamn problem. By it's very nature, LE means subjugating the populace to the will of words on paper, regardless of what any normally calibrated moral compass would indicate as right or wrong.
I could be wrong, as I only did a brief skim through the thread just now, but I think there are more LEO's and retired LEO's that have posted in this thread that are in agreement with you than disagreement with you. Not much can be done about the badgesniffers, though, unless you want us to pull out the jack boots and stomp on their 1A rights for you.

Or

Have you read this thread at all?

Yes, I read the entire thread.

I saw a shit ton of half assed justification in the vein of economists example of expanding a whites only policy to include asians and calling it better...

And talk is cheap. You can decry the unjustness of laws with us, but when you strap on your boots and go to work the next day, when you collect your paycheck and pay your union dues... You are making a value judgment about what is acceptable and what is not.

Words ring hollow when the slave driver laments about the inhumanity of slavery, but shrugs and claims inability to do anything and whips the slaves anyways.

I'm on my phone right now, but I'll detail my justifications later. In the meantime, no comment on the remainder of my last post?

additionally... Guys like the afformentioned should be stomped on publicly and harshely by the rest of you. You should be taking every opportunity to show the public that not only do you not concur with those points of view, they won't be tolerated in your community. But that's not what we see.

From who, other than Kisspik002?

Listen I'm not anti 2A at all...I SAID I AGREE with everyone. Every citizen should have the right to carry anywhere. I am no better than anyone here. All I was trying to say is that the politicians and govt gave LEOs the right to carry anywhere because of there job. I'm not making any excuses for anyone or saying where better than anyone. If you really don't agree with LEOSA sorry... I don't agree with the welfare this state hands out but I can't change it. I write letters I call my elected officials weekly in support of 2A rights, I'm a member of the NRA. I personally don't carry out of ma unless I have a out of state LTC. My argument was solely based on the law saying cops can carry anywhere and if you think its wrong well then well agree to disagree. Unfortunately this country is torn on the issue of guns and I know 99% of the LEOs I know and work with are pro gun, want civilians to have every right allotted to them. I'm not against you in any way or form, just saying that I think leosa is a good thing and I hope someday everyone can carry nationwide without breaking any laws.

I'm on my phone right now, but I'll detail my justifications later. In the meantime, no comment on the remainder of my last post?

additionally... Guys like the afformentioned should be stomped on publicly and harshely by the rest of you. You should be taking every opportunity to show the public that not only do you not concur with those points of view, they won't be tolerated in your community. But that's not what we see.
With regard to providing details later, thank you. Regarding the remainder of the post, I thought it was rhetorical. I guess the only comment I could make is that I don't belong to a union, so I don't pay dues.

Listen I'm not anti 2A at all...I SAID I AGREE with everyone. Every citizen should have the right to carry anywhere. I am no better than anyone here. All I was trying to say is that the politicians and govt gave LEOs the right to carry anywhere because of there job. I'm not making any excuses for anyone or saying where better than anyone. If you really don't agree with LEOSA sorry... I don't agree with the welfare this state hands out but I can't change it. I write letters I call my elected officials weekly in support of 2A rights, I'm a member of the NRA. I personally don't carry out of ma unless I have a out of state LTC. My argument was solely based on the law saying cops can carry anywhere and if you think its wrong well then well agree to disagree. Unfortunately this country is torn on the issue of guns and I know 99% of the LEOs I know and work with are pro gun, want civilians to have every right allotted to them. I'm not against you in any way or form, just saying that I think leosa is a good thing and I hope someday everyone can carry nationwide without breaking any laws.

You said several times that LEO's are held to a higher standard. Not only is that an indication that you feel you're, on some level, better than others, but it isn't even true. I posted one example of how it's not true and you never responded.

And honestly dude, I don't include you in the "I hate pigs" speil. I've been around here long enough to get a feel for who's who and who stands for what.

But even for guys like Obie and you... You have chosen to participate in a system that is in many ways terminally corrupt. You've already decided that profiting personally from that system supercedes whatever moral discomfort the wrongs of the system may induce in you... So, how are the rest of us to know where you'll draw the line?

No single raindrop believes itself responsible for the flood.

The fact that cops are still cops even off duty is just how it is. We are expected to respond or assist even off duty. We're not better than anyone else. The fact is cops are held in the public eye as being held to a higher standard in that your a cop 24/7 and the public expects that. If you don't agree sorry we disagree and I respect your opinion, doesn't mean I have to agree with it. I don't think anybody would be complaining if cops were allowed to carry OC anywhere. Again with the issues this country is facing interns of gun control and all the BS. I'm gonna say I understand the frustration and agree with you. I would be pissed, I know plenty of cops that think their shit don't stink, that's not me. I will continue to fight will all of you to improve the rights all of gun enthusiasts. I just think LEOSA is a plus not a minus

And honestly dude, I don't include you in the "I hate pigs" speil. I've been around here long enough to get a feel for who's who and who stands for what.

But even for guys like Obie and you... You have chosen to participate in a system that is in many ways terminally corrupt. You've already decided that profiting personally from that system supercedes whatever moral discomfort the wrongs of the system may induce in you... So, how are the rest of us to know where you'll draw the line?

I absolutely understand. Like I said I don't carry out of state unless I'm licensed. The fast is the idea of LEOSA is awesome but the actual practice is horrible. I don't want to be the example of some judge or other department. LEOSA says anywhere in the US, doesn't mean I'm gonna carry in NYC, Chicago. I do appreciate the reasonable response

Most cops have a like minded attitude as do you and others. The problem is, the small turds always outshine the vast majority.

Cops may be "a cop 24/7" but you're just people too. At the end of the day everyone is looking out for number 1.

My sister got T-boned by an off-duty local cop a while back and he told the cops (same town) at the scene that my sister ran the red light, she was about to get a couple of huge tickets and placed at fault for the accident... thank god a couple of good samaritan witnesses stuck around and told the truth or she would have gotten F-ed by a lying a-hole who was going to get away with it because of the thin blue line/brotherhood type bullshit.

Does the profession have its issues? Absolutely. But at the moment, I feel I can do far more by trying to change the system from the inside than outside of it.

I SAID I AGREE with everyone.

On some things.

Not all of us agree with your belief that off duty police officers should be exempted from some of laws they are charged with enforcing against the non-LEO populatiom

I wont go where I cant carry legally. Does it suck? Ask yourself- where would you want to go where a law abiding tax payer cant excercise RKBA.

Cops may be "a cop 24/7" but you're just people too. At the end of the day everyone is looking out for number 1.

My sister got T-boned by an off-duty local cop a while back and he told the cops (same town) at the scene that my sister ran the red light, she was about to get a couple of huge tickets and placed at fault for the accident... thank god a couple of good samaritan witnesses stuck around and told the truth or she would have gotten F-ed by a lying a-hole who was going to get away with it because of the thin blue line/brotherhood type bullshit.

This is why everyone should have a dash-cam.

Back
Top Bottom