• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anybody else happy marijuana is legal in MA?

I'm not a user but I am glad to see this happen. Way too many folks in jail or their records ruined over something that isn't even as bad as alcohol.

so what does this exactly mean now? not a weed guy. Are stores gonna pop up or will you need a medical card?

No, I'm not. Sorry but in my opinion it's a weakness to depend on substances to feel good. Hopefully none of those who enjoy it will apply for federal employment or they'll be in for a rude awakening....

Stores will pop up in towns that allow them, no medical card needed. Think you can have 6 plants or 10 ounces, i dont smoke either but dont give a shit if you do. Make all drugs legal.

No, I'm not. Sorry but in my opinion it's a weakness to depend on substances to feel good. Hopefully none of those who enjoy it will apply for federal employment or they'll be in for a rude awakening....

I take it you never had a drink so far? I am glad it got legalized, even though I am not a user.

This has always confused me. If it's legal in MA, then how can the police arrest you and make it somehow federally known?

because federal law is ass backwards and I believe to answer the 4473 questions honestly one would be prohibited

for example, marijuana is still listed as schedule I according to the DEA which puts it with heroin, LSD and methamphetamine. ridiculous.

If you answer honestly you're prohibited, if you lie it's a felony.

I thought the wording says "are you an unlawful user of..." If pot is legal in the state you live in, how can you be an unlawful user? But then again, it's a federal form, so federal rules? Very confusing.

Whatever Trump will sort it all out.

No, I'm not. Sorry but in my opinion it's a weakness to depend on substances to feel good.

What does your opinion have to do with other people's rights to make decisions for themselves without government intervention?

I havent bought a gun in a while,but doesn't the 4473 ask you that question in the present tense ?

It asks are you a user,not have you ever used...So,as long as you didn't get stoned the day of purchase,you are good to go !!

lfL0UvH.gif

I voted yes for it. The wife cancelled my vote....lol

We don't use it and never will. But I do not think it should be a crime to use something that is natural.

Doesn't use make you a prohibited person?

Yes, still a federally prohibited substance.
My tenants at my last complex said they were going to get med cards to bypass a no-smoking policy. I informed them that they would lose their federal rent assistance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm an all or nothing type of guy --either all drugs are legal, or they're not --these half-measures avail us nothing and big brother can still get us jammed up legally and continue to ignore our 4th amendment rights "because drugs".

Last edited:
I'll be curious how a Trump Attorney General handles States that violate Federal Drug Laws.

I don't believe either major Candidate had a position on weed.

I bet you've never had an alcoholic beverage, or taken any medications also

No med card needed. So no automatically getting the federal ban on owning, buying and possessing firearms.
Just the chance for a federal charge if you are carrying a pistol with a permit and carrying dope.
But if Beacon Hill adds a provision requiring the recording and reporting of all "legal" pot purchases to the state then it would still be illegal for any permit holder to purchase pot if they wanted to keep their permit. Demorats are sneaky bass turds.
They oppose ending prohibition at the federal level because state level legalization increases the number of people prohibited from buying firearms.

Back
Top Bottom