• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anybody else happy marijuana is legal in MA?

No, I'm not. Sorry but in my opinion it's a weakness to depend on substances to feel good. Hopefully none of those who enjoy it will apply for federal employment or they'll be in for a rude awakening....

Most federal employees aren't drug tested.

Simply treat it like cigarettes and alcohol. Tax it and leave people alone. If you don't like it, too bad, get over it.

Simply treat it like cigarettes and alcohol. Tax it and leave people alone. If you don't like it, too bad, get over it.

A better alternative to taxing it would be not taxing it and letting people spend their money as they please.

A better alternative to taxing it would be not taxing it and letting people spend their money as they please.

I agree but the odds of that? A reason why a lot of people are for its legalization in the state is because of the money it would generate for Massachusetts.

I agree but the odds of that? A reason why a lot of people are for its legalization in the state is because of the money it would generate for Massachusetts.

That's 100% true, and those people are useful idiots. The whole revenue thing was a head fake to legalize growing and use of the plant itself, so people can keep doing what they've been doing in black markets (i.e. paying no tax), but now with very little legal risk.

That's 100% true, and those people are useful idiots. The whole revenue thing was a head fake to legalize growing and use of the plant itself, so people can keep doing what they've been doing in black markets (i.e. paying no tax), but now with very little legal risk.

I could care less about revenue. Why whould law abiding persons not be free to grow a plant alongside their tomato plants?

If you answer honestly you're prohibited, if you lie it's a felony.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought there was a court ruling that basically said that filling that out would be a form of self incrimination and therefore a violation of your 5th Amendment rights. I don't think it was SCOTUS, but I remember reading something along those lines.

So pot's "legal" in MA. It doesn't stop employers from giving drug tests and screening out users. The federal government can still charge you with a crime. plus I don't think I want any bus drivers, CDL drivers, train engineers, pilots, police or firemen using it, because if anything goes wrong and they detect THC there will be law suites ad nauseum.

I'm happy. I haven't used it in over 25 years. But I hear it's good for migraines, want to give it a try. Sick of paying $28+ for 1 pill to the freakin pharmaceuticals.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought there was a court ruling that basically said that filling that out would be a form of self incrimination and therefore a violation of your 5th Amendment rights. I don't think it was SCOTUS, but I remember reading something along those lines.

Haynes v US (1968).

About Question 4 That Passed..

I’ve tried to find the answer to this, with marijuana being legal now, what happens to those of us that have a record of possession from years ago ? Does that mean I can get that erased from my record ?
Thanks

Will there be an Approved roster of weed strains? If there is an approved roster will we still be able to trade face-to-face?
What if a certain strain becomes banned? will we be able to possess pre ban clones?

I'm happy. I haven't used it in over 25 years. But I hear it's good for migraines, want to give it a try. Sick of paying $28+ for 1 pill to the freakin pharmaceuticals.

Yup, lots of people out there with chronic pain will benefit from this, my wife being one of them. Hope it helps you if you decide to try.

Migraines, nausea, chronic pain, anxiety, inflammation, IBS, sleep, there isn't a better less addictive drug, period....any questions I would be happy to answer?

I’ve tried to find the answer to this, with marijuana being legal now, what happens to those of us that have a record of possession from years ago ? Does that mean I can get that erased from my record ?
Thanks

Far as I know, you are still a criminal. If they raised the DUI limit to 0.1 to 0.12 would all of those people convicted with 0.1s have their cases expunged? Doesn't work that way

I'm glad it's over. I'm not a smoker/user, but it's good that it won't be taking up valuable dollars from our law enforcement/justice/legal system.

It's not great that it will create more levels of government.

As for the plant argument - cocaine, opium, ecstasy and other drugs and poisons are plant derivative too, so that argument doesn't really mean much to me.

Hopefully all the good comes from this and none/little of the bad.

Im happy it's legal, but I will still stick to not doing drugs. All drugs could become legal and I still wouldn't partake.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Thanks

Sadly our legal system doesn't work that way.

I am. It's going to put a criminal market out of business and bring it all above board. We'll make money on the sale of it as opposed to expending money on law enforcement to prohibit it. We can influence who it's sold to and sold by. Prohibition against alcohol was an abysmal failure and so it the prohibition against marijuana. Frankly - it's about time. Not to mention the fact that we really shouldn't claim to live in an open and free society when the government can ban a effen plant. .Gov has no business telling people what they can possess or put into their own bodies...

You know how many lives have been ruined because of the "crime" of simple possession.... Jobs lost, etc... It's one of the most egregious actions of our government in modern times.

I'm not a user but I am glad to see this happen. Way too many folks in jail or their records ruined over something that isn't even as bad as alcohol.

Also not a user but very happy that 1 more state has voted for freedom. I heard the other day there are more arrests for drugs in this country than EVERYTHING ELSE. Disgusting.

- - - Updated - - -

It means I am going to enjoy my retirement![smile]

woo hoo!

No, I'm not. Sorry but in my opinion it's a weakness to depend on substances to feel good. Hopefully none of those who enjoy it will apply for federal employment or they'll be in for a rude awakening....

do you ever drink? do you do it to feel good? enhance your meal? enjoy the company of others more? use it to celebrate? I think most non-pot users feel that those who smoke "depend" on it. Oh yeah, tobacco and grain based foods also create feelings of euphoria so quit smoking if you do, and stop eating grains so you aren't dependent on a substance to feel good.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't use make you a prohibited person?

The question on the 4473 asks if you use illegal drugs. I would guess we will eventually have a court case argue that since it is legal in (insert whatever state has legalized it) then the correct answer to that question is "NO" and thus not a PP. But we are a long way from that. And I would not want to see that case originate in MA.

Back
Top Bottom