• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anybody else happy marijuana is legal in MA?

now that its legal just turn this into a mega thread. whats better white widow or orange bliss?

Last edited:
Yeah I should apologize to members like Laura for my "weakness" trying to "feel good" while dealing with a non curable bladder and prostate disease that has taken my job, my savings, my life, my home, left me on SSDI with nothing but trying to "feel good" instead of chronic testicular nerve pain that could put down a ****in elephant........sorry I chose pot over percocets after 2 years of 4-8 pills a day, can you forgive me? You know nothing of weakness.

So pot's "legal" in MA. It doesn't stop employers from giving drug tests and screening out users. The federal government can still charge you with a crime. plus I don't think I want any bus drivers, CDL drivers, train engineers, pilots, police or firemen using it, because if anything goes wrong and they detect THC there will be law suites ad nauseum.

Just like in other states that have legalized it. Eventually employers will come around as well but not until there is enough info to show there really is no impairment when driving stoned.

- - - Updated - - -

Will there be an Approved roster of weed strains? If there is an approved roster will we still be able to trade face-to-face?
What if a certain strain becomes banned? will we be able to possess pre ban clones?

No. That will be illegal. You will need to be a licensed seller. Look at Colorado.

I'm glad it's over. I'm not a smoker/user, but it's good that it won't be taking up valuable dollars from our law enforcement/justice/legal system.

It's not great that it will create more levels of government.

As for the plant argument - cocaine, opium, ecstasy and other drugs and poisons are plant derivative too, so that argument doesn't really mean much to me.

Hopefully all the good comes from this and none/little of the bad.

And why should any of those be outlawed? As adults shouldn't we have the freedom to decide what we put into our bodies? Obviously if we harm others while under the influence we should suffer the consequences of paying for harming others, but there should be no crime for partaking of a substance, natural or not. Our bodies belong to us or we are slaves.

CA passed with legal weed with the same margin of voting. They have 20% of the country's population. That is the game changer on the federal level

What pissed me off about the No on 4 Campaign was the idiotic statements like:

There will be more pot stores than Starbucks and 7-11's combined. Yeah right...the state still has to write the regs on how these stores are to be regulated.
or
How do we treat people who drive while high? Gee...I dunno...maybe charge them with OUI like you do with alcohol?
Or
The edibles are made to look like candy so kids will eat them. Hey...here's a thought...pass regulation defining how and where the items are sold like they do with booze and cigarettes. You already made it illegal to target children with cigarette ads...just add pot to the regs. Yeesh.

Me, probably won't use it...but I could see my wife using it to help with her MS. Up to her to decide. But at least now, it will be a lot easier to get it.

I voted yes for it. The wife cancelled my vote....lol

We don't use it and never will. But I do not think it should be a crime to use something that is natural.

same story here, it was pretty funny to see her reaction. I don't smoke it but I don't see how it's different from booze. People will find ways to abuse anything.

It's Dec 15 comrades, the date it becomes official.

No. That will be illegal. You will need to be a licensed seller. Look at Colorado.

I believe the question said you'd be able to give it to another adult. At that point there's no record of whether the recipient gave you some form of compensation for it.

So pot's "legal" in MA. It doesn't stop employers from giving drug tests and screening out users. The federal government can still charge you with a crime. plus I don't think I want any bus drivers, CDL drivers, train engineers, pilots, police or firemen using it, because if anything goes wrong and they detect THC there will be law suites ad nauseum.

So are they banned from alcohol too then? It's all about being sober at work. There is no difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And why should any of those be outlawed? As adults shouldn't we have the freedom to decide what we put into our bodies? Obviously if we harm others while under the influence we should suffer the consequences of paying for harming others, but there should be no crime for partaking of a substance, natural or not. Our bodies belong to us or we are slaves.

Yes, we as adults should have the freedoms to decide what we put in to our bodies. I'm in agreement there. I'm just saying that because something is a plant or natural doesn't mean its all good.

I'm also in agreement that the ads against pot were dumb. That kid going in to the store and running in to mommy wasn't 21, so that's a ridiculous ad meant to tug at the heart strings of moms and their precious babies.

Yeah I should apologize to members like Laura for my "weakness" trying to "feel good" while dealing with a non curable bladder and prostate disease that has taken my job, my savings, my life, my home, left me on SSDI with nothing but trying to "feel good" instead of chronic testicular nerve pain that could put down a ****in elephant........sorry I chose pot over percocets after 2 years of 4-8 pills a day, can you forgive me? You know nothing of weakness.

+1000000

Hopefully posts like this will drive home the point to the busybodies and nanny-staters, which is still 45% of voters apparently.

No one with such jobs should use it before a shift, JUST LIKE booze. But at home on their own time? WGAF?

Once a viable breath/blood test is developed your fear of lawsuits should be diminished. It IS currently a problem bc THC can be detected for over a month, so quite obviously the presence of THC in a piss test or hair test does not and cannot indicate whether someone is actually under the influence at the time of the test.

hen was the last time you got a "nickle bag" LMAO...

I don't partake, but IIRC the term comes from the 1970's for a $5.00 1/8 oz bag.

If we had true freedom, MJ prices should go down and not be taxed.

I suppose most people think nothing of spending $60 on a good bottle of booze --to each their own.

I don't partake, but IIRC the term comes from the 1970's for a $5.00 1/8 oz bag.

If we had true freedom, MJ prices should go down and not be taxed.

I suppose most people think nothing of spending $60 on a good bottle of booze --to each their own.
yeah times and product have changed... not that I partake but ive been around as a lot of my friends do...
Im with you.. Id rather the government didn't get their hands on what plant i can grow or consume.

I'm sure there are some out there, but I am not aware of any employers ignoring results for weed since it is still illegal federally. For something like a CDL, nothing is going to change.

Of course, people beat the tests all the time. It's not a bulletproof control.

The problem with THC is that it stays in people's systems for a very long time. They are going to need to figure out a way to test for intoxication rather than just having it in your system. As was mentioned in a previous thread, I think capability tests are the most appropriate, but no one is going to go for that. So, they'll need to figure something out.

I think it's good. I also think with the number of state that now have some form of legalized MJ, either medicinal or recreational, we're coming to a tipping point where perhaps we can start dismantling the failed 'war on drugs' at the federal level. There's a great deal of bi-partisan support for unwinding some of the prosecutorial excesses of the 1990s. These victories will just add to the momentum to stop treating drug use and addiction as criminal behaviour.

I think it's good. Maybe now cops can focus on catching real criminals, like Hillary and her cohorts. We definitely need reform on the federal level though. I think as more states push it's legal status the feds will start feeling the pressure. Someone needs to tell Trump to dismantle the DEA.

Follow up, will there be any tie to this and our gun rights? I think on the NICS form there's a question about being addicted to marijuana or something.

Follow up, will there be any tie to this and our gun rights? I think on the NICS form there's a question about being addicted to marijuana or something.

For the 300,000th time, it's still federally illegal. If you're stupid enough to admit to smoking pot on the 4473 you'll be logged as a PP for life.

I was torn on this. I don't think it's going to make our roads safer and that bothers me. Already too many drunks on the road.

However it will be great that people, especially younger folk, don't get jammed up on ridiculous charges and have their lives (and rights) destroyed.

So are they banned from alcohol too then? It's all about being sober at work. There is no difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out the law regarding CDL drivers and alcohol, then get back to me.

Back
Top Bottom