• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anybody else happy marijuana is legal in MA?

They should legalize all drug
It sounds terrible to argue herion should be legal, many of these deaths we're seeing are from what the drugs are adulterated or "cut" with.
The drugs that killed both Michael Jackson, and Prince was fentanyl

This same drug that i believe i read is coming in from Canada(not mexico... kind of ironic)
Is what is killing everyone.

But ultimately i dont see the pharmaceutical companies competeing to sell $4 bags of herion.

My only issue with the new weed law is it more step in the right direction. But now that the .GOV got there teeth into it they'll **** it up like everything else.

My only issue with the new weed law is it more step in the right direction. But now that the .GOV got there teeth into it they'll <deleted> it up like everything else.

Over taxed and over regulated is still better than having gangs shooting up street corners, money going to the Mexican mafia, troopers in helicopters stealing grandma's pot plant, and people getting put in jail for selling pot.

Yup we have a HUGE drug problem, lets put more out there. Stupidest thing we could have done. Pot heads are happy though. Also still illegal on the federal level. Also I believe you mess up on pot there is a good chance goodbye LTC.. As it should be. I wouldn't like being around somebody hopped up and carrying.

Guy at work has LTC and he's 30 years old , all he talked about for the last couple days is weed becoming legal ,Literally that's it.

All cool till he renews and they change a law that requires a drug screening. Just because it is legal does not mean you cannot be restricted.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup we have a HUGE drug problem, lets put more out there. Stupidest thing we could have done. Pot heads are happy though. Also still illegal on the federal level. Also I believe you mess up on pot there is a good chance goodbye LTC.. As it should be. I wouldn't like being around somebody hopped up and carrying.

Its all about broadening the tax base. If they could get away with it they would legalize heroin if they could tax it. Lets stop kidding ourselves.

P.S. Plus I don't really care. Tax away. Less on me.

All cool till he renews and they change a law that requires a drug screening. Just because it is legal does not mean you cannot be restricted.

- - - Updated - - -

Its all about broadening the tax base. If they could get away with it they would legalize heroin if they could tax it. Lets stop kidding ourselves.

P.S. Plus I don't really care. Tax away. Less on me.

LOL, they're not going to add drug screening to the LTC process in a state where weed is legal. Any problem with weed is at the fed level. People just need to be smart enough not to volunteer info on 4473.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go blaze some sticky icky (hypothetically).

Alcohol is a much bigger problem than pot. We tried banning it, but that worked out about as well as banning pot - people still drank, violent gangs got rich, police violated people's rights, lots of people were jailed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Want pot federally legal? Develop a reliable roadside sobriety test and get the NHTSA to give it the thumbs up. I'm convinced that would make things happen.

IMHO that bit is just a RINO smokescreen that's been going around for awhile but the real deal is that the feds will want to tax it and get revenue... just like they do with tobacco and booze. They are just being bitches right now because they're not getting revenue. You can guarantee that if someone floated a bill to legalize weed federally that it would include a revenue component in it. More reliable than the sun coming up...

-Mike

LOL!! Just, LOL! I sincerely hope your fears and wants regarding a person carrying on weed are a joke, otherwise, you win the "out yourself" award.

Migraines, nausea, chronic pain, anxiety, inflammation, IBS, sleep, there isn't a better less addictive drug, period....any questions I would be happy to answer?

Family friend has suffered with severe migraines for over 20 years. What should they try first?

Not sure if serious. Yeah I'm sure the guy smoking pot is really dangerous while he has that bag of cheetohs in his hand while he's carrying a gun on his hip. [rolleyes] He's functionally no more of a threat than a police officer carrying a gun that is at the end of a double shift. (actually the police officer is probably more dangerous, because after being awake that long, he's probably going to be grouchy and irritable as hell.... )

and lying makes you a felon......so yeah, your pick I suppose

Yeah, but it's basically 110% unenforceable, unless you're mentally defective. (which is also illegal) [laugh] I don't evne know why they bother
asking, honestly.

-Mike

I'm deathly allergic. Time to break out my gas mask. Already I can smell it from about 1 in 10 cars on my bike ride home.

I can't stand the smell of the stuff either. I remember the early 1970s all too well where I couldn't go into a Benny's (this was CT) w/o getting knocked over by the smell of MJ from people 1-2 aisles over from me.

"hopped up"??? Did you just finish watching Reefer Madness again, Grandpa?

Rights for me but not for thee. Prob hypocritically sucking down a beer while spewing this utter stupidity.

Sorry guys. Didn't mean to pee in your pot. As far as I know the 1st amend. is still in force. I don't drink, smoke Butts OR weed. I figured you all would not like being told the truth about our MAJOR drug problem. Oh well. Light em if ya got em. :)

Sorry guys. Didn't mean to pee in your pot. As far as I know the 1st amend. is still in force. I don't drink, smoke Butts OR weed. I figured you all would not like being told the truth about our MAJOR drug problem. Oh well. Light em if ya got em. :)

You think prohibition fixes drug problems? It sure got rid of all the alcoholics in the 1920s.

I also don't drink or smoke but don't have any issues with legalizing marijuana.

We have a drug problem because a certain percentage of the population will always be addicted, period. You can deal with that fact directly or create a police state trying to change basic human nature.

Sent from my C6530 using Tapatalk

If you think people smoking pot get "hopped up", then you aren't telling the truth about drugs.

Some people get very aggressive when drunk. Some people get very aggressive on PCP and meth. I've never met anyone who got aggressive after smoking pot -- more typically they crashed in the corner until the muchies got too bad.

Laughable
[rofl2]

If you think people smoking pot get "hopped up", then you aren't telling the truth about drugs.

Some people get very aggressive when drunk. Some people get very aggressive on PCP and meth. I've never met anyone who got aggressive after smoking pot -- more typically they crashed in the corner until the muchies got too bad.

I don't smoke weed, drink, or anything of the sort but I voted Yes. You would think it was people like me who would be talking like him. Alcohol is absolute worst drug but I bet he has no issues with that.

What truth were you telling us exactly? Because it sure did sound like nothing more than a pile of <deleted>.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't smoke weed, drink, or anything of the sort but I voted Yes. You would think it was people like me who would be talking like him. Alcohol is absolute worst drug but I bet he has no issues with that.

I also don't smoke (tobacco or weed) or drink. I also voted yes. I've also seen lots of chaos caused by abuse of alcohol.

Looks like the party is over, Deb Goldberg (treasurer) is demamding that lawmakers push the 2017 retail store way back, raise the tax way up, and make any home growing illegal.

Looks like the party is over, Deb Goldberg (treasurer) is demamding that lawmakers push the 2017 retail store way back, raise the tax way up, and make any home growing illegal.

Statists gonna state. I don't think Deb will get her way.

We are randomly tested at work and that won't change so I have no dog in this fight. The only thing I don't understand is at $480.00 an ounce how will that stop the illegal weed? I would think it would create a bigger black market.

We'll see, obviously Colorado has made a ton of money even with home cultivation, but lots of people are so greedy for every tax dollar they think home brewing beer should be outlawed.
As is the case with home distilling.
The only thing I don't understand is at $480.00 an ounce how will that stop the illegal weed?
Is that the going rate in weed-legal states? I have read that MA dispensaries will not even reveal prices to anyone without a MM card, making it impossible for a prospective patient to determine if he can afford it before going to the trouble.

Back
Top Bottom