• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anybody else happy marijuana is legal in MA?

No one with such jobs should use it before a shift, JUST LIKE booze. But at home on their own time? WGAF?

Once a viable breath/blood test is developed your fear of lawsuits should be diminished. It IS currently a problem bc THC can be detected for over a month, so quite obviously the presence of THC in a piss test or hair test does not and cannot indicate whether someone is actually under the influence at the time of the test.

You're right wgaf, but until they find something equivalent to an alcohol test for THC all bets are off.

Yes, still a federally prohibited substance.
My tenants at my last complex said they were going to get med cards to bypass a no-smoking policy. I informed them that they would lose their federal rent assistance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The way the law is written, landlords still can prohibit the smoking of pot on the property.

Yeah I should apologize to members like Laura for my "weakness" trying to "feel good" while dealing with a non curable bladder and prostate disease that has taken my job, my savings, my life, my home, left me on SSDI with nothing but trying to "feel good" instead of chronic testicular nerve pain that could put down a ****in elephant........sorry I chose pot over percocets after 2 years of 4-8 pills a day, can you forgive me? You know nothing of weakness.

I do not envy you your illness, and I also don't think you should be prevented from the pain mitigation.

But....do you drive while under the influence? Or carry a firearm?

480 an ounce!!! Last time I bought an ounce it was 12 bucks.....1969 maybe? Glad I took to drink.

I do not envy you your illness, and I also don't think you should be prevented from the pain mitigation.

I had a beer last night, you going to ask me the same question?

Don't partake but I am glad that people won't be legally throat punched for something quasi equivalent to alcohol.

Sent from my C6530 using Tapatalk

I believe the question said you'd be able to give it to another adult. At that point there's no record of whether the recipient gave you some form of compensation for it.

it makes sense so that the wife can go shopping and share with hubby! LOL or the other way around.

I don't, and won't, smoke. But I hope this is the beginning of the end of prohibition against marijuana in this country. Prohibition didn't work for alcohol. It isn't working for marijuana either. We need to stop sending billions to the Mexican mafia. We need to stop for-profit policing.

Didn't stop people from using when it was so why should it be different today?

Not sure what your point is. I'm simply stating why alcohol and marijuana are held to different standards regarding drug testing/employment. I don't make the rules and I'm not stating an opinion.

I'm ok with it. I think it was the Walpole PD chief on FOX25 this morning talking about houses burning down from growing. I'm sure that is possible when they turn the place into a mega grow house, but not growing the allowed 6 plants allowed in this ballot question.

Doesn't use make you a prohibited person?

if you admit to it on 4473, yes. Why anyone would tell the gov't something they don't need to know is beyond me.

When forms don't have a "none of your damned business" option, I select the next best one which usually is "no".

-hypothetically of course. Drugs are bad mmmmkay?

Not sure what your point is. I'm simply stating why alcohol and marijuana are held to different standards regarding drug testing/employment. I don't make the rules and I'm not stating an opinion.
My point is that alcohol should never have been prohibited and only through blatant civil disobedience was prohibition repealed - we are seeing the same effects with pot now.

Drug testing for employment is a private contract between employee and employer. If a spot check for current inebriation for pot is developed you will most probably see a move away from blanket prohibition at work to an informed consent to immediate testing.

Good for gun owners who need it for health purposes. Eliminates the need for a medical maryjane card which makes you a PP in the eyes of the Feds.

I havent bought a gun in a while,but doesn't the 4473 ask you that question in the present tense ?

It asks are you a user,not have you ever used...So,as long as you didn't get stoned the day of purchase,you are good to go !!

This is some Jeff Spicolli from "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" rationale here. [lol]

So I loose my right to self defense if I have a beer? Or smoke a joint? If someone threatens my life I have to say "I had a beer you can kill me I can't resist". You need to rethink your position.

So I loose my right to self defense if I have a beer? Or smoke a joint? If someone threatens my life I have to say "I had a beer you can kill me I can't resist". You need to rethink your position.

I'm not sure if he meant you or I but don't be offended I wasn't he's correct to ask about driving and carrying concealed on drugs and your right about not being denied a LTC based on a medication for pain, or even when it is legalized and treated just like booze. The answer is the same as if you had a script for opiates or drank alcohol.....COMMON SENSE and a respect for your fellow man on the roads if I took a few opiates I wouldn't drive, if I had 2 beers I wouldn't drive. I wait 6-8 hrs before driving after smoking and I let my LTC lapse for financial reasons and may or may not ever try again but there is a common ground on this its the same as any other "intoxicating" substance don't carry or drive under the influence..simple.

Back
Top Bottom