AR-15 thread... I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

Post a picture of the internals, and someone here will tell you.
I can't find any writing on the trigger parts, so I have no clue. The parts look to match nicely with the gun, so my hunch says it's the standard colt. But, it feels so nice.

6267525347_e555af9099_z.jpg

6268049176_1498c89271_z.jpg

6268048858_22d3dd5d6f_z.jpg

Looks like a fairly standard trigger to me, probably just broken in real nice like.

Nice rifle too! I used to have a 20" HBAR colt upper, loved it.

IMG_1273.jpg

-Colt HBAR Match preban lower receiver. Small front push pin. Sear block machined out by Specialized Armament to accept M16 BCG. Colt A2 stock and grip
-Colt M16 Bolt Carrier Group
-Douglas MK12 barrel: 416 SS, 1 in 7 RH twist
-Colt M4 flat top receiver
-PRI Gen III hanguards
-PRI Gas Buster charging handle
-OPS Inc Muzzle brake with short collar
-PRI flip up front sight
-ARMS #40 flip up BUIS
-PRI SPR PEQ top rail
-ARMS #22 30mm medium height rings
-Leupold Mark 4 3.5-10x40mm LR/T M3 Matte Illuminated Mil Dot Rifle Scope
-Harris HBRMS 6-9" bipod
-ARMS #32 bipod mount

Last edited:
IMG_1273.jpg

-Colt HBAR Match preban lower receiver. Small front push pin. Sear block machined out by Specialized Armament to accept M16 BCG. Colt A2 stock and grip
-PRI Gen III hanguards
-PRI flip up front sight
-ARMS #40 flip up BUIS
-PRI SPR PEQ top rail
-Harris HBRMS 6-9" bipod
-ARMS #32 bipod mount

WTF??? [shocked]

if you've ever wondered what it feels like to have sex with a really attractive woman only to wake up the next day and realize that you got a nasty STD from her, that's what I feel like right now x 3.

Thanks for the info gents. I won't make that mistake again.

if you've ever wondered what it feels like to have sex with a really attractive woman only to wake up the next day and realize that you got a nasty STD from her, that's what I feel like right now x 3.

Some Larue, ADM, Troy will clear that rash right up

Schweet! How do you like that PRI handguard? Is it pretty light? How's that taste of freedom sitting with ya? :) The best part is you don't have to get shitfaced on cheap vodka while you build it, although it can' t hurt. ;)

IMG_1273.jpg

-PRI Gen III hanguards
-PRI flip up front sight
-ARMS #40 flip up BUIS
-PRI SPR PEQ top rail
-Harris HBRMS 6-9" bipod
-ARMS #32 bipod mount

Schweet! How do you like that PRI handguard? Is it pretty light? How's that taste of freedom sitting with ya? :) The best part is you don't have to get shitfaced on cheap vodka while you build it, although it can' t hurt. ;)

It's light as heck. But the PEQ rail on top adds quite a bit weight back. And then the bipod and ARMS mount puts it back into front end heavy land. I've read 14lbs loaded. I weigh 11.8 lbs with no mag, but that's on a home health weight scale.

These things happen.
You should have stuck with AK's.
Just sayin'

It's light as heck. But the PEQ rail on top adds quite a bit weight back. And then the bipod and ARMS mount puts it back into front end heavy land. I've read 14lbs loaded. I weigh 11.8 lbs with no mag, but that's on a home health weight scale.

That's heavier than I'd expect. I'm running an extended DD Lite on mine, and it's about the same. We should have a shoot-off sometime :).

Very nice rifle! I don't see internals on the list; stock trigger? Shot it yet?

That's heavier than I'd expect. I'm running an extended DD Lite on mine, and it's about the same. We should have a shoot-off sometime :).

Very nice rifle! I don't see internals on the list; stock trigger? Shot it yet?

Stock trigger. I don't see the point to a expensive adjustable light breaking trigger until I get good with it on the stock colt trigger. It's crisp and broken in, so it's not bad by a long shot.

Still haven't had the chance to shoot it. I'll be fishing for a Harvard sponsorship here soon as I don't think the 100 yards at Braintree will do it justice.

as far as weight goes- the PRI forearm is lighter than most aluminum rails I've handled. But when you add that PEQ rail on top, it all goes to shit. Not an efficient use of money for weight- you're better off with a well made full aluminum forearm if you want bang for your buck and low weight or just the PRI carbon forearm. There is a reason why these aren't used by the military. That and all the ARMS bs is heavy as hell.

BCMAR15-1-3.jpg

-Bravo Co. 14.5" lightweight Mid-length upper with pinned BCM A2X flash hider
-Pre-ban Colt SP1 lower.
-Spikes BCG
-Magpul Moe handguards and stock
-Ergo grip.
-Low cost Chicom Aimpoint clone (Tacpoint) on a YHM mount. I'll get the real deal someday but in the meantime this does the job.
-YHM rear sight

Last edited:

Everyone makes mistakes. I suggest sticking to Larue (who DICK Swan sued), GG&G and Troy in the future.

Great looking rifle though.

Nice rifle. I've got it's twin... still haven't plunked down the $$$ for a scope worthy of sitting on top of it, though...
IMG00110.jpg

NES Lower w stock trigger
LMT Upper Receiver
Centurion Arms Mk12Mod0 18" Barrel
Ops Inc Muzzle Break
LMT Sopmod Stock (pinned, no worries)
Larue 12" rail

Acquired since the pic:
Troy BUIS
Harris Bipod w integrated Larue mount

Taking donations for:
Nightforce 2.5-10 x 32 Scope (haven't decided on reticle yet)
Larue mount for the above.

Last edited:
Nice! I am a fan of OD green myself. [smile]

BCMAR15-1-3.jpg

-Bravo Co. 14.5" lightweight Mid-length upper with pinned BCM A2X flash hider
-Pre-ban Colt SP1 lower.
-Spikes BCG
-Magpul Moe handguards and stock
-Ergo grip.
-Low cost Chicom Aimpoint clone (Tacpoint) on a YHM mount. I'll get the real deal someday but in the meantime this does the job.
-YHM rear sight

Back
Top Bottom