• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Being disarmed at a traffic stop

+1. Too many people assume that MA is the norm, when it's not. Just as too many people assume that their out of state permit or license is valid everywhere.

Since this isn't in the Massachusetts specific section, I'll add that in some states you are obligated by law to inform the officer that you're carrying a firearm. Know the laws of the state that you're in.

Lease is almost a misnomer - car leases function as loans with a balloon payment, not a rental.

There is no balloon payment and the registration IS different which is why I asked the question. Finance through a bank and the registration is in your name; lease and the registration is in the bank's name. Your comment has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Your financial analysis of leasing also leaves much to be desired. Variables like repairs and depreciation favor leasing while excise tax, high mileage, and length of ownserhip favor financing but this entirely another thread on its own.

There is no balloon payment and the registration IS different which is why I asked the question
The balloon payment is the return of the car at the end of the lease. I believe leases give you the option of making this balloon payment in dollars rather than returning the vehicle.

I didn't do a financial analysis, or even comment on the wisdom of leasing, so I don't see how my non-analysis can leave much to be desired.

Just keep your hands on the wheel and stfu. It's so simple. If LEO goes retard, at least have it on his dashcam that you didn't go full retard.

When you lease a car, the owner on the title and on the registration is the lease company.

I was a finance manager at a Saab/Subaru dealer for 2 years when I was younger. Trust me.

Financially, the lease is a balloon loan. In other words, if you were going to do the math to figure payments, that's what you do. Specifically, the capitalized cost is the present value at the beginning of the loan. The future value is the balloon or residual value. The purchase option is typically the residual plus some fees.

But legally it is not a loan.

Don

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom