• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Breaking News: Gov. Patrick's Bill Stalled - UPDATE POST 193

Said this on FB and I'll say it here too:

If calls, letters, and gathering at the state house had anything to do with this... we need to amp up and go on offense now. No breather, no wait and see what happens, we need to put pressure on legislators to better things for us.

The current AWB that's still in effect for Massachusetts gun owners is a dinosaur that has long out lived its existence. There is absolutely no reason for it, no need for it with the exception to turn law abiding citizens into criminals who may buy a rifle with a prohibited feature or magazine manufactured after the OK date without fully understanding or knowing the Massachusetts firearms laws which probably couldn't even be translated by a f'n Rosetta Stone program let alone the average citizen. This is the hurdle we need to get over!

I agree with Ray, these bastards still need to be pummeled regardless of obvious failure of this bill... they need to at least know we're watching them, all the time...

ETA: This current "traffic jam" regarding the bill doesn't surprise me, though. My guess is he tried to game something (EG, due to pending committee assignments) and it backfired on him.

-Mike

If calls, letters, and gathering at the state house had anything to do with this... we need to amp up and go on offense now. No breather, no wait and see what happens, we need to put pressure on legislators to better things for us.

The current AWB that's still in effect for Massachusetts gun owners is a dinosaur that has long out lived its existence. There is absolutely no reason for it, no need for it with the exception to turn law abiding citizens into criminals who may buy a rifle with a prohibited feature or magazine manufactured after the OK date without fully understanding or knowing the Massachusetts firearms laws which probably couldn't even be translated by a f'n Rosetta Stone program let alone the average citizen. This is the hurdle we need to get over!

100% agree. Keep the pressure on!

Lets keep violent criminals in jail and get rid of the AWB which only affects law abiding citizens.

Which will be how many years from now?? I heard that manufacturers are looking at at least a full year to get caught up.

IMHO it's not that bad, in relative terms. I bet the backlog clears out in less than a year. Prices are going to stay higher than normal, though, for awhile because of sticky price economics. There are way more companies producing AR-15 rifles (and magazines, for that matter) now than there were in 2008. Demand was high even before this happened, so production capacity in the channel has improved dramatically. This is why you are seeing shipments of product appear here and there at dealers sporadically, instead of absolutely nothing. Obamascare 1 was a lot worse than this is.

-Mike

I agree with Ray, these bastards still need to be pummeled regardless of obvious failure of this bill... they need to at least know we're watching them, all the time...

ETA: This current "traffic jam" regarding the bill doesn't surprise me, though. My guess is he tried to game something (EG, due to pending committee assignments) and it backfired on him.

-Mike

Right! They fumble... we recover and go on offense!

Screw this pacification crap! I want freedom and am willing to give it all to get it.

I will not rest until this bill is completely dead.

For the Deval intern reading this thread: Please tell your boss to focus on the real crime problems in this state instead of trying to pass legislation that he thinks will help him obtain his next job in DC.

It is a shame the Government squeezes the law abiding citizen with "draconian laws", restrictions and all manner of infringements. Yet bends over and gives criminals a plea bargain / pass, only to return again and again. What part of the word criminal do they not understand?

T2G

One of the legislators I talked to said something very interesting, which was:

He liked Jim Wallace a lot and Jim has a lot of respect in the state house. Also, he had voted for the gun control act in '98 but regretted it. At the time he didn't completely understand the ridiculous burdens it would put on gun owners. This tells me that a) we might have a hope of getting that one changed and b) legislators don't understand these gun control bills.

So how do we correct that? I think we do it by calling and educating them, just like we've been doing this time. I'm open to other ideas.

I'm not trying to be a downer but its not good news and I dont think stalled is an accurate status. This thing could move along in very short order. No one should stop the fight.

So how do we correct that? I think we do it by calling and educating them, just like we've been doing this time. I'm open to other ideas.

And we use their own words against them, here's where Linsky admits the AWB is just about cosmetics:
In my view, the only difference between a legal, large capacity rifle and a grandfathered assault weapon or banned assault weapon are cosmetics, so in my view they will be treated the same,” Linsky said (http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/newsnow/x1503801977/Linsky-outlines-his-own-gun-control-bill?zc_p=1 )

I wrote about this in another thread but we really need to exploit the fact that the left is violating one of their ground rules:

RULE 2: “Never go outside the expertise of your people.” It results in confusion, fear and retreat. Feeling secure adds to the backbone of anyone.

Again, we know this is a weak point with these people, they don't understand guns, the don't understand the current laws and using this point as leverage should be a prime consideration for any counter attack.

The segment tonight on Hannity shows that he gets this, which is why he's dedicating many shows to demonstrating empirically the myths that Obama and the anti's are pushing.

We need to do the same.

One of the legislators I talked to said something very interesting, which was:

He liked Jim Wallace a lot and Jim has a lot of respect in the state house. Also, he had voted for the gun control act in '98 but regretted it. At the time he didn't completely understand the ridiculous burdens it would put on gun owners. This tells me that a) we might have a hope of getting that one changed and b) legislators don't understand these gun control bills.

That is awesome. Which legislator was it?

Back
Top Bottom