Cabela's/Bass: Fukk off

I haven't really gone out of my way to call out Bass/Cabelas, but whenever I've seen a thread about them I do give my opinion that they were better in the past, however they've done did the inexcusable and I'm not holding back how much I loathe them now.

I use to really like Cabela's, made a lot of orders from them before the Ass Bro takeover, stopped when things changed. The first was the sales on black powder guns went away and prices shot up. Even when something did go on sale I couldn't buy it because they changed to in store only; I guess they really felt obligated to make sure teens weren't buying them cuz lawyers. After that it was Herter's brand ammo that was specifically for defense that only Cabela's had got dropped and Herter's returned with field loads because obviously Crass Pro doesn't believe in firearm ownership for self defense.

The last time I bought anything from them was 4 years ago when I needed primers and they were the only ones that had any.

FF to today and I'm interested in getting a Remington Pocket repro by Pietta and figured I'd check and see if they have any as those are getting tough to find. They didn't, but they did have percussion caps and I haven't seen any in years. $13 is high, but again, haven't seen them and from what I've read CCI and Remington refuse to increase production to meet demand because they're typical companies driven solely by profits and caps aren't as profitable as primers, so I'm acquising to the new normal that percussion caps are basically worth their weight in gold and to buy them at any price.

Now I have to pay a Hazmat fee, so I'm figuring I'll grab some large pistol primers (again, high price, but these will likely not come down due to focus of production on small primers) as I'm getting short on those. Then I figure powder is worth getting so I look at what they have, what I can use it in and HP-38 looks very versatile for me, so I add that and I'm starting to get excited, which I should have known was the sign that despair was soon at hand.

I go to check out and the option of pick up in Hudson is offered, but since that's the Communist Hellhole state that means I have to have the King's permission to take possession of those items. I'm not bothering with that shit or the hour drive, so ship it to me and I'll swallow the $25 Hazmat like a prom date on her period. Type in my digits and... HOLD STOP! SHIT ASS SHOW BASS PRO WON'T SHIP ME POWDER, CAPS, OR PRIMERS!

WTF? There's no state law that says I can't buy that shit online. In fact I go over to Midway and put the same shit in my cart and see if they will and no problemo! So obviously some fukking scum fukk who passed the bar has consulted the company to not ship to certain states regardless of laws on the books and the shitheads who call the shots at Bass agree.

So, Bass Pro/Cabelas after having been a customer for years pre-Covid, spent thousands, rarely ever returned things (except that one '51 Navy that has a loose loading lever and your rude, dipshit associates made me spend an hour exchanging it for one that worked in the store) only for you assclowns to pull CYA shit, I'm done for good. You are dead to me as a retailer and if I ever wind up in your store again it'll be to piss in the fish tank.

You must be new lol. I think most of us reloaders in MA have known that BP/Cabelas doesn’t ship ammo or components to their store or to your door. It’s been discussed quite a few times here.

But yes I agree with you. It’s dumb AF
Yeah, well I don't live in MA (for good reason) and never had problems getting primers or BP guns delivered to my door before the Weapon of Bass Restriction took over Cabelas.

WTF? There's no state law that says I can't buy that shit online. In fact I go over to Midway and put the same shit in my cart and see if they will and no problemo! So obviously some fukking scum fukk who passed the bar has consulted the company to not ship to certain states regardless of laws on the books and the shitheads who call the shots at Bass agree.
Maura claimed there was.
  • Powder and primers are considered ammo.
  • A license to sell ammo is required in MA.
  • Maura (when AG) declared that buying online is purchasing ammo within Massachusetts, not at the location where title and risk of loss passes from the seller to the buyer, so the seller needs a MA license to sell ammo (presumably at the recipient's address, since that is where the sale takes place by her logic)
  • QED

Last edited:
Lol you go to a box store, you get boxlike service... and you are surprised? [rofl]
This.

To be fair, dealing with FedEx and PHMSA for hazmat is a royal pain. Given the small percentage of Pass Bros sales which involve shipping hazmat, it's a reasonable decision not to trust the store-level employees and manager to deal with it. Just as it's a reasonable decision to shop there only as a last resort.

I think the whole NE is getting this way.....
Lexington masshats where thinking about banning certain firearms
Until they got a reality check
The Guv of vermont wants to
Vermont Becomes First State to Force Oil Companies to Pay for 'Climate Change'
Like that's going to work in the winter
Not too mention Me and that shitshow
Sliding into Cali
And if you don't think cali is winning
Next time you check the box are you over 18 ?
Think again

Sliding into Cali
Think again

This isnt a new england thing, this is a box store thing.

no state law that says I can't buy that shit online
state laws are not made to be completely perfect yet, so your neighborhood friendly corporations a happy to show you the way of how things should be.
so, no soup for you. bend over now and try to feel happy.

Maura claimed there was.
  • Powder and primers are considered ammo.
  • A license to sell ammo is required in MA.
  • Maura (when AG) declared that buying online is purchasing ammo within Massachusetts, not at the location where title and risk of loss passes from the seller to the buyer, so the seller needs a MA license to sell ammo (presumably at the recipient's address, since that is where the sale takes place by her logic)
  • QED
no one can deny that the enemy is very creative and uses all the tools to their advantage, and, ultimately, a total win.
with AI to their disposal they will be able to automate the web crawl and scan for any store that still is active out there, and make sure no one is 'breaking the law', whatever that sh$t means nowadays.

no one can deny that the enemy is very creative and uses all the tools to their advantage, and, ultimately, a total win.
with AI to their disposal they will be able to automate the web crawl and scan for any store that still is active out there, and make sure no one is 'breaking the law', whatever that sh$t means nowadays.
Except that isn't the problem in this case or most cases of box store f***ery

Except that isn't the problem in this case or most cases of box store f***ery
box stores collaborate gladly, true, as their corporate is already taken over. the deal is in how to deal with non-cooperative smaller offenders, but, worry not, the methods are coming.
everyone will be potentially upgraded into a 'convicted felon' honorary title, just like trump was.

and i really think that this movie was really too dark for most to grasp, and is pretty foretelling:

1717254218248.png

An example of how AssBro has ruined Cabelas is a pair of hunting pants I use. They are older, original Cabelas and tough as nails, Comfortable and well built, I hope T-F they last until I croak. One could buy more or less guide level hunting garb at the old Cabelas. The AssBro 'Redhead' brand stuff is hot, steaming garbage that I wouldn't touch if it was the last option on the planet. They also pissed me off when they replaced multiple shelves of reloading supplies and ammo with shelves full of plastic idiot magnet crap.

I was a bit surprised that AssBro was allowed to buy out Cabelas, as they were #1 and #2 in the same market with no strong national competition. This was one of those cases where the consumer was going to get F-ed out of reasonable quality gear and be left with disposable quality crap at similar pricing.

with disposable quality crap at similar pricing.
what is the benefit to the store to supply you with pants that last a lifetime if instead you may be forced to pay the same on the annual basis? it`s just business.

An example of how AssBro has ruined Cabelas is a pair of hunting pants I use. They are older, original Cabelas and tough as nails, Comfortable and well built, I hope T-F they last until I croak. One could buy more or less guide level hunting garb at the old Cabelas. The AssBro 'Redhead' brand stuff is hot, steaming garbage that I wouldn't touch if it was the last option on the planet. They also pissed me off when they replaced multiple shelves of reloading supplies and ammo with shelves full of plastic idiot magnet crap.

I was a bit surprised that AssBro was allowed to buy out Cabelas, as they were #1 and #2 in the same market with no strong national competition. This was one of those cases where the consumer was going to get F-ed out of reasonable quality gear and be left with disposable quality crap at similar pricing.

Before the merger, cabelas was at least an interesting box store despite its boxxy limitations. As soon as i had heard BPS was buying them back then, i groaned audibly. 🤣

what is the benefit to the store to supply you with pants that last a lifetime if instead you may be forced to pay the same on the annual basis? it`s just business.
The benefit? I'd buy everything else from said store as well. It isn't only about pants, it's about everything else I might need in a lifetime of hunting and fishing. Also it's about competition. AssBro offers Walmart to sub-Walmart level quality but at a higher price. I'll just buy such gear from Walmart while I'm picking up a few quarts of motor oil or paper goods for the house. Walmart doesn't have the cool fish tank nor stuffed animals but the people watching is always fun.

state laws are not made to be completely perfect yet, so your neighborhood friendly corporations a happy to show you the way of how things should be.
so, no soup for you. bend over now and try to feel happy.
It's not like I haven't run into stupid shit before with buying things online. Midway will not ship me any black powder handguns, they will a muzzleloader rifle or shotgun, but they claim there's a state law that says it can't be shipped to me. AFAIK there isn't, so when I want a bp pistol I go to another store online and it's at my door the next week, no made up bullshit about some non-existant state law that doesn't exist.

I haven't really gone out of my way to call out Bass/Cabelas, but whenever I've seen a thread about them I do give my opinion that they were better in the past, however they've done did the inexcusable and I'm not holding back how much I loathe them now.

I use to really like Cabela's, made a lot of orders from them before the Ass Bro takeover, stopped when things changed. The first was the sales on black powder guns went away and prices shot up. Even when something did go on sale I couldn't buy it because they changed to in store only; I guess they really felt obligated to make sure teens weren't buying them cuz lawyers. After that it was Herter's brand ammo that was specifically for defense that only Cabela's had got dropped and Herter's returned with field loads because obviously Crass Pro doesn't believe in firearm ownership for self defense.

The last time I bought anything from them was 4 years ago when I needed primers and they were the only ones that had any.

FF to today and I'm interested in getting a Remington Pocket repro by Pietta and figured I'd check and see if they have any as those are getting tough to find. They didn't, but they did have percussion caps and I haven't seen any in years. $13 is high, but again, haven't seen them and from what I've read CCI and Remington refuse to increase production to meet demand because they're typical companies driven solely by profits and caps aren't as profitable as primers, so I'm acquising to the new normal that percussion caps are basically worth their weight in gold and to buy them at any price.

Now I have to pay a Hazmat fee, so I'm figuring I'll grab some large pistol primers (again, high price, but these will likely not come down due to focus of production on small primers) as I'm getting short on those. Then I figure powder is worth getting so I look at what they have, what I can use it in and HP-38 looks very versatile for me, so I add that and I'm starting to get excited, which I should have known was the sign that despair was soon at hand.

I go to check out and the option of pick up in Hudson is offered, but since that's the Communist Hellhole state that means I have to have the King's permission to take possession of those items. I'm not bothering with that shit or the hour drive, so ship it to me and I'll swallow the $25 Hazmat like a prom date on her period. Type in my digits and... HOLD STOP! SHIT ASS SHOW BASS PRO WON'T SHIP ME POWDER, CAPS, OR PRIMERS!

So, Bass Pro/Cabelas after having been a customer for years pre-Covid, spent thousands, rarely ever returned things (except that one '51 Navy that has a loose loading lever and your rude, dipshit associates made me spend an hour exchanging it for one that worked in the store) only for you assclowns to pull CYA shit, I'm done for good. You are dead to me as a retailer and if I ever wind up in your store again it'll be to piss in the fish tank.
So, you're "Not in MA", but they won't ship to you? How far are you from the Ass Pro in Hooksett? Even if you don't like them, but they have what you need (and let's say they are the only ones at the moment,)
Sliding into Cali
Think again
Off topic, but yeah. Can't wait until the winter when the Oil co.'s add an "environmental fee" to their prices. Serves those dumbasses right for voting they way they do. Like a former co-worker who moved from NY. He thought UBC's were OK, to prevent bad people from getting guns. Not sure how he feels now that there is a 3-day wait attached to it (he's super cheap; I can't see him paying for gas for two trips somewhere).

So, you're "Not in MA", but they won't ship to you? How far are you from the Ass Pro in Hooksett? Even if you don't like them, but they have what you need (and let's say they are the only ones at the moment,)
2 hrs. I haven't been to NH in a while and if I were to go it'd be for the Concord gun show, which apparently was last week.

There are plenty of online reloading vendors and gun related vendors that will ship to your door in CT......hell.....there are plenty of them that ship to me here in mass.

Back
Top Bottom