Calling all experts - can it be that I simply cannot handle Glock (19)? I shoot

What do you call striker fire gun triggers that are like glocks.

They start out Half cocked.
As You start to pull the trigger
Back it finishes cocking then brakes right.

So that's like half sa/half da right ?

Are there striker fire guns that are true sa?

Sorry, my bad on the definition. I was referring to the longer trigger pull on first round.

The trigger pull is never longer or shorter or harder or softer on a Glock. It is always the same. There is takeup, some resistance, and then overtravel.

On most guns, the trigger reset distance is less than the overall travel. So for followup shots you can catch the reset. But when shooting quickly, most people don't catch the reset anyways.

Violating a basic safety rule in order to save yourself the takeup distance is very unwise, IMO.

What do you call striker fire gun triggers that are like glocks.

They start out Half cocked.
As You start to pull the trigger
Back it finishes cocking then brakes right.

So that's like half sa/half da right ?

Are there striker fire guns that are true sa?

It has been argued that the Springfield XD is striker-fired single action. I don't know enough about the details to argue whether that is true or not.

I know some people love the P99 but it just seemed like a bastard of a striker gun.
its a gun that couldnt figure out what it wanted to do w its life.

This thread is so amusing to me...that video is PRICELESS. I almost spit onto my work computer...which would have been bad and required some 'splaining. Then the DA Glocks and AD waiting to happen...amazing really when you think about it.

It has been argued that the Springfield XD is striker-fired single action. I don't know enough about the details to argue whether that is true or not.

Looking at my xds taken apart it almost seems like its sa.
There's a firing pin/striker block like a series 80 1911 That a tab on the trigger bar disengages. Also when I took the slide off it doesn't seem to pull the slide back at all when you pull the trigger to take the slide off.
With out a X-ray video can't say how far the trigger pulls the striker back while pulling.

What do I know tho .

Looking at my xds taken apart it almost seems like its sa.
There's a firing pin/striker block like a series 80 1911 That a tab on the trigger bar disengages. Also when I took the slide off it doesn't seem to pull the slide back at all when you pull the trigger to take the slide off.
With out a X-ray video can't say how far the trigger pulls the striker back while pulling.

What do I know tho .

The XDs and Glock are striker style handguns and is neither single nor double action. Think of it like a bolt action, all the trigger does is release the striker. You wouldn't call a bolt gun single action etc.

- - - Updated - - -

The striker block is just like Glocks, just a drop test safety IMO in the XDs.

You forgot 'bro'

The original post didn't mention bro, the broism was added by meme revisionist bros who like to wear their sister's clothes.

928.png

The XDs and Glock are striker style handguns and is neither single nor double action. Think of it like a bolt action, all the trigger does is release the striker. You wouldn't call a bolt gun single action etc.

I know but with a glock it's only half cocked.
then the trigger finishes cocking it . Do glocks have a firing pin block in the slide? Cause the xds dose. You know I don't really know glocks.

I was wondering if there's a striker fired pistols more like a bolt action striker fire. All the trigger dose is move the sear out of the way.not finish cocking it.

With a bolt gun like a mosin the only reason you see the bolt moving , pulling the trigger before it breaks is from the shitty triggers 99% of mosin have. It's not like the trigger is pulling the striker back to cock it more.

Also not all bolt guns are striker fired some are hammer fired. Most common are home made or the 50 cal ar uppers ...

Last edited:
I'd strongly advise against ball and dummy drills, as you won't be able to distinguish between a flinch and a normal post-ignition push. Where the bullet hits on target is all you need to know.

This.

Now that I'm shooting a 2011 that doesn't lock back, when I'm practicing at the home range, I do the post-ignition push every time..

Listen. If you're working with a shooter that could potentially have a proper PIP they would literally have to be doing something else RETARDED to screw up shot group to the point you are considering a ball and dummy drill. I only use it for noobs that are flinching so bad it hurts.

That's not my understanding. It is my understanding that the Glock is not at full cock. So pulling the trigger actually increases tension and then drops the striker. I've heard that is not true of the XD, however.

That's not my understanding. It is my understanding that the Glock is not at full cock. So pulling the trigger actually increases tension and then drops the striker. I've heard that is not true of the XD, however.

Correct. Pulling the trigger moves the partially cocked striker rearward, disengages the FP safety and drop safety, then when the trigger bar hits the connector, it cams down and the striker jumps forward under spring tension. I think "Safe Action" is really just double action, since the trigger cocks and releases the striker.

Correct. Pulling the trigger moves the partially cocked striker rearward, disengages the FP safety and drop safety, then when the trigger bar hits the connector, it cams down and the striker jumps forward under spring tension. I think "Safe Action" is really just double action, since the trigger cocks and releases the striker.

Yeah, the M&P triggers move the striker back so little that I wonder if the only point was that they could market them as DAO to the police market.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Yeah, the M&P triggers move the striker back so little that I wonder if the only point was that they could market them as DAO to the police market.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

They never marketed it as DAO when we were buying them, or during the armorers course.

Back
Top Bottom