CC at holiday gatherings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot?

Is there a list of unsafe places out there?

I won't be carrying at this years party because it's at my house and my wifes family are all liberal Kennedy lovers.

No chance of being shot by Democrats wearing rose colored glasses as you know.

P.S. add the Walmart in Springfield to your list you don't need a crystal ball to know your in danger there.

Seriously? I would open carry.

I wrestled with this. My wife is slightly anti but sees my side. I look at it this way- i agreed to not be in her dace with guns and to dress in a manner where even she is unaware I'm carrying (thanks crossbreed).
So the same will apply over the holidays-where full retard and crime comes dressed festively.

Carried at my wedding, at other people's weddings, at funerals, in the delivery room when my son was born. Carry it everywhere. If someone doesn't like guns and does not want you to carry at their house, don't go. When they ask you why tell them you don't go anywhere unarmed, so out of respect for them you didn't go. Let them know that leaving it at home is not an option.

As was stated "Concealed Means Concealed". There is absolutely no reason for anyone to know that you are carrying a firearm. It doesn't matter where you are or where you are going. The fact that you are carrying a firearm is no ones business. PERIOD.

This. The way i show respect to folks that don't like firearms is to make sure they never see my carry piece. I never bring it up and neither do they. We peacefully co-exist.

I also silently vow never to draw my firearm to save their life, as I wouldn't want to offend them. (only half kidding)

I won't be carrying at this years party because it's at my house and my wifes family are all liberal Kennedy lovers.

umm my house my rules, I OC in my house my wife has a picture of me somewhere runnin the vacuum with my gun out. IMHO if if was having liberals over[puke] I would think this would be the best way to shut them the hell up

Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot?

Is there a list of unsafe places out there?

No chance of being shot by Democrats wearing rose colored glasses as you know.

P.S. add the Walmart in Springfield to your list you don't need a crystal ball to know your in danger there.

Are you serious? If it was my house I'd open carry and all who didn't like it could GTFO.

When in Ma and not planning on drinking, I carry whenever possible. Work has even sent out a email talking about there 'weapon policy'. In there defence, we never know where we are being sent each day, schools, goverment buildings, NSTAR substations... dorchester...

but back to the OP, I really need to get a RI CCL after my C&R comes in (so I can show a 'need' to the RI AG). To many of our freinds and family live over the border.

As long as my pants are on, there is a gun on my hip.

For its pretty much the same, as long as I'm not drinking.

Xmas eve, I'm going to be in CT celebrating with my family and will not be drinking since I'm driving back to MA at about 10 pm.

Xmas day, I'll be unarmed because we are having people over and I intend to hit the egg nog around 11:00 AM. Not sure if I want to use Bourbon or Rum.

I like them both. Opinions welcomed.

Don

I carry at all holiday gatherings. Most of my family is very pro 2A, but the rest have FUDDish tendencies so it's best not to get into it.

A few years ago I gave my uncle Lou a big hug when I showed up at their house for Christmas dinner. This was in Michigan (I had flown in for the holidays) and it was a pain to bring a pistol but I did it anyways on principle. My uncle happened to pat me on the side, right over my holstered Glock 17. He smiled and said, "Well, I guess you did turn out OK after all". We've been closer ever since and I always think of how guns did that :)

I only don't carry in the shower. And in bed... I can drink and not carry, or carry and not drink. I'll carry. As to friends/family/parties... I carried at my brand-new (3 months) girlfriend's son's wedding, got outed by her new D-I-L who said "Cool". A month before that I was carrying at the same house for a B-Day party for her 1 y/o son. I carry to protect my family, whoever they are, whenever I'm there. I can't think of a time/place/reason I wouldn't carry, unless it involved metal detectors and felonies.

I always do. If it offends them, **** 'em. I'll happy take my kids, my wife, and my brownies home. It might affect which gun I carry. I'm more likely to pocket carry at a party but I'm still carrying. Choice of gun has more to do with what I'm wearing and doing though.

Honestly, a special little flower's feelings are the last thing on my mind when I'm considering carry. It's none of their business and they'll never see it anyway unless they are a threat themselves.

The rest of my safety routines (seatbelts, locked doors, helmets) are judged purely by risk assessment. CCW is only different in that I also factor legality but thankfully, that's the one thing that's not much of an issue for us in this suck hole.

Im not doing any drinking, if I was, no I would not carry. I am however hoping someone bought me some Bookers Bourbon so I can enjoy responsibly after all the traveling.

NH holiday gathering I do. Though, today I have to go to Quincy to the in-laws. Since I'm in MA no guns. For me drinking has nothing to do with it. Who locks up all their knives when drinking?

I carry; I don't drink so no problem there. The only time I don't carry is at work, a GFZ.

Out of respect for the antis, I won't defend them, because they don't believe I should carry. Seriously though, they don't carry in my house to respect my views so why should I not carry in their house out of respect for theirs? Besides they are never in a position to know if I am carrying.

I carry. On Christmas eve this year it will stay well concealed. On Christmas day my brother's and I will likely have a show and tell. [smile]

General question for all you guys and gals who carry. When you're going to someone else's home, whether for a family party or otherwise, do you bring your sidearm? I tend to not out of respect, but I suppose it depends on where the homeowner stands on the 2A.

I understand the meaning of "conceal" but I only carry where there is a possible threat to my wife and kids.

I hope you have a Fortune Teller's License. Otherwise practicing the trade without a license is a crime in MA!

I'll bet the parents and kids in Sandy Hook never thought that merely going to school would pose a threat either!

-------

So before you visit anyone you have a sit-down (beer summit?) and discuss their "feelings" on the US Constitution?? [rolleyes]

Really dude!

Out of respect for the antis, I won't defend them, because they don't believe I should carry. Seriously though, they don't carry in my house to respect my views so why should I not carry in their house out of respect for theirs? Besides they are never in a position to know if I am carrying.

I really like the way you think!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom