CEO of Southcoast Hospitals Busted for Assault and Gun Charges

$40 was the bail commissioner's fee; $200 was the actual bail.

His big concern is his medical license - a felony can put that in danger. All the more to coerce a plea bargain, but they will probably settle for a CWOF and forfeiture of firearms.

And does an instruction from the DCF have any legal bearing?

His big concern is his medical license - a felony can put that in danger. All the more to coerce a plea bargain, but they will probably settle for a CWOF and forfeiture of firearms.

CWOF - that would be sweet - unless he could never own a gun again.

Maybe if he just STFU he could have convinced the girl to say that she tripped.
A $100,000 gift could grease the skids.

That would have preserved his gun rights.

Instead he's going to pay that 100k to a lawyer just to keep his medical license.

Instead he's going to pay that 100k to a lawyer just to keep his medical license.
There is a difference between "Again" and "Again in MA". My best is no the former and yes (by statute or suitability) for the later.

If he tried to convince the girl and she didn't go for it, they would change with witness intimidation.

Wouldn’t want to be married to you. A bad night is punching a wall, not your wife

Why do you assume what is in the police report is true? Ive read police reports of events I was present during and they were literally a work of fiction. They didn’t represent what happened at all, that was in it was highly edited to have a certain narrative and the order of events was completely wrong.

If anyone trusts a police report on its face, you’re a fool and not interested in the actual facts.

Why do you assume what is in the police report is true? Ive read police reports of events I was present during and they were literally a work of fiction. They didn’t represent what happened at all, that was in it was highly edited to have a certain narrative and the order of events was completely wrong.

If anyone trusts a police report on its face, you’re a fool and not interested in the actual facts.
Exactly. Unless you’ve been a “victim” of a police report or you listen to the scanner you’re f***ing clueless. I can guarantee you it’s in their years of training and experience peace was restored … No animals were injured in the filming of this shit show

If he’s smart, he has the firearms transferred to someone else or already has It’s not a firearm crime, their seizure is because of the license suspension. The cops have not right to prevent a transfer, I doubt they care about the, being transferred. It’s Rochester, not Brookline.

I doubt the wife will pursue charges, I know the state will press them regardless but without a witness/victim, they have no case.

Even if the wife wanted to press charges which few do when things cool down (assuming there was even a battery in this case), you really think these charges are going to rack of $100k in legal fees? Not even close. In a murder case which runs 3 years of court appearances etc yes but not for something that stays in district court (even if it goes to trial)

Last edited:
Exactly. Unless you’ve been a “victim” of a police report or you listen to the scanner you’re f***ing clueless. I can guarantee you it’s in their years of training and experience peace was restored … No animals were injured in the filming of this shit show

We can all see what happened in Kenosha with Rittenhouse since so many videos captured the events. If people watched every video (dozens of different videos captured it) then read the police reports, they’d be shocked at how the police selectively included or excluded facts of the events and created a narrative VERY different than what indisputably happened because you can literally see what happened with your own eyes because it’s on video

In the video all I saw was a man running with a rifle …running away… He made hundred more yards that I would….

But I don’t take a rifle outside of my house so he must be f***ed in the head. I’m sure he’ll be judged by jury of her peers

medical licensure? Is he a physician? As a slave of medical system I have little sympathy for these MBA nitwits who “run” hospitals and would be shocked to learn this winner is an actual medical grown up.

As I’m sure you know, in MA if there’s a felony charge the medical license is toast. First it’s a VANP (voluntary agreement not to practice) so the BRM has the next 3 years to make the toasting process official.

On the magazine charges, if the mags do not say Restricted LEO use only, how can the prosecutor prove they were made after the standard capacity ban?

I have a 92F I bought NIB in the mid 90's that was made in 1989. The standard capacity magazines look the same as standard capacity magazines available today. I cant tell the difference.

Do proescutors simply say "In Mass, you must prove the standard capacity magazines are legal and made before 1994", and the burden to prove guilt is not on us".

Is it their position that all standard capacity magazines are illegal, regardless of date on manufacture as it is hard for defendants to prove pre 94 manufacture?

Started over a TV show and someone writing in a journal, this has to be the lamest setup for a DV ever. No drugs, no love triangles, no toddlers in diapers running in the streets. 1/10

As the CEO he doesn't likely see many patients.

I don't believe there is a requirement that the CEO be an MD.

The state should be very nervous about the amount of money that he COULD throw at this. OJ Simpson walked on murder, even though he was caught red gloved. I mean handed.

On the magazine charges, if the mags do not say Restricted LEO use only, how can the prosecutor prove they were made after the standard capacity ban?

A big “it depends”. You used a very specific example where it’s ambiguous, but not all preban mags fall into that bucket. Many mags are dated. Many mags are made by companies that didn’t exist prior to the ban. Many firearms don’t have any prebans available. I have no idea what specific mags and firearms are in question here, but short answer is that for certain mags, it would be very easy to prove they’re post-ban, even absent any markings.

A big “it depends”. You used a very specific example where it’s ambiguous, but not all preban mags fall into that bucket. Many mags are dated. Many mags are made by companies that didn’t exist prior to the ban. Many firearms don’t have any prebans available. I have no idea what specific mags and firearms are in question here, but short answer is that for certain mags, it would be very easy to prove they’re post-ban, even absent any markings.
Yep. And this is going to show us (eventually) how well the Rochester police department knows their stuff... i.e., what's really pre-ban and what's really post-ban.

I see that the news article does talk about legal magazines as well, but we don't know if they simply meant low-caps or if they meant pre-ban hi-caps?

Were pictures taken of everything? If not, let’s just say they were all preban mags and he can make a nice donation to the police for their outstanding work.

As the CEO he doesn't likely see many patients.

I don't believe there is a requirement that the CEO be an MD.

The state should be very nervous about the amount of money that he COULD throw at this. OJ Simpson walked on murder, even though he was caught red gloved. I mean handed.
He is not a doctor. His only medical-related degree is in nursing.

He is not a doctor. His only medical-related degree is in nursing.

That was what I was getting at. His job is pushing papers, settling beefs between departments and liaising with the community and media.

He has probably acquired a great deal of clinical knowledge through osmosis but no way would he have TIME to practice medicine or nurse.

I suspect he's "only" going to lose his guns and be slapped a little ($240 bail for a guy that make $3M a year?!) but if he spends just one year's salary on defense the state will be hard pressed to make their case.

Maybe he's the holy grail of defense victims? An otherwise solid citizen with substantial resources that ran afoul of what @drgrant calls "malum prohibitum" laws (or something like that). Garbage laws exist only to fly trap the knucklehead that brags at the range or the bar about his post bans.

I suspect he's "only" going to lose his guns and be slapped a little ($240 bail for a guy that make $3M a year?!) but if he spends just one year's salary on defense the state will be hard pressed to make their case.

Maybe he's the holy grail of defense victims? An otherwise solid citizen with substantial resources that ran afoul of what @drgrant calls "malum prohibitum" laws (or something like that). Garbage laws exist only to fly trap the knucklehead that brags at the range or the bar about his post bans.
The state will be happy to make him a non gun-owner for life, even if only in MA. Bail is symbolic in many cases. Some states require it for OUI just to prove that OUI is a serious crime, not because they really think an established community member will go on the lam for a first offense OUI.

It's not just D.R. who calls it malum prohibitum - it's a standard legal term.

Back
Top Bottom