Cop steals gun, gets fired.

Lol... so this nipplehead flushed his career down the toilet for $650.... talk about a winner. [rofl] On top of that he probably got ripped off by the gun shop. But then again the stupidity repeats itself, so it
follows his lack of brain cells.

I'm beginning to think that there's some munis who seem to be adept at seeking out the worst.... is there like some kind of numbskull test, and the highest scorers get picked? [rofl]

-Mike

And do not forget... He was the department firearms instructor. So he's taught what he knows to others..

Of course there are no charges. MA only cares about infringing upon law abiding citizens. Pretty sure if this was civilian to civilian both would be facing charges including receiving stolen property. This is horsepuckey

Stealing gun=felony
Knowingly Selling stolen gun=felony

Fixed it.

Only a felony if you are not acting in good faith. If the person who bought it from the shop sells it, they are presumed to not know of the stolen nature since they bought it from a reputable person in a presumptively lawful manner.

Fixed it.

Only a felony if you are not acting in good faith. If the person who bought it from the shop sells it, they are presumed to not know of the stolen nature since they bought it from a reputable person in a presumptively lawful manner.

Thanks

The Manchester-by-the-Sea PD and chief should be commended for their transparence. They actually posted this on their own website and didn't wait to get outed. Pretty unusual and a little refreshing.

[angry2][angry2][angry2] He should be serving jail time. [angry2][angry2][angry2]

If I recall, anything over $500 is felony theft. So,...
-Theft of a handgun
-Felony theft
-Transferring a stolen handgun

But all he had to do was quit his job. [frown]

If it wasn’t a cop, it would be all over the news. I wonder if fuhrer healy got wind of this?

The Manchester-by-the-Sea PD and chief should be commended for their transparence. They actually posted this on their own website and didn't wait to get outed. Pretty unusual and a little refreshing.
I agree, that was my reaction. I work on occasion in that town. Its pretty sleepy, PD is 99 pct speeding and sticker stops, and 1 pct directing traffic when an endless line of $$$ suvs jamb up the roads when school lets out.

Im not surprised he wasnt charged. He should have been.

He had been assigned to the 12-8 a.m. shift and served as the department’s primary firearms instructor

Is this some kind of OT scam or did all of their firearms training really happen 12-8 a.m?

ETA: Maybe this is why they were so transparent. Look at that piddly gun sale over there and not at this multi-hundreds of thousands pension padding OT scam.

Fixed it.

But the cop who stole it, stole it. When the cop who stole it sold it, he knew it was stolen, because he'd stolen it.

So that's two felonies right there.

This story really fries my ass. The cop is a common thief. Any theft of a firearm is a felony. He's given the chance to resign and is not fired. He probably can probably keep his pension. He's not prosecuted. Another example of cops being protected.

I don’t think the cop got screwed. I know the guy who bought that Luger. It’s been chrome/nickel plated which kills the collector value.

Legally that’s a stolen gun and should be returned to the lawful owner. Just because it was bought legally doesn’t mean he gets to keep it.

This story really fries my ass. The cop is a common thief. Any theft of a firearm is a felony. He's given the chance to resign and is not fired. He probably can probably keep his pension. He's not prosecuted. Another example of cops being protected.

Maybe your AG will go after him.

But the cop who stole it, stole it. When the cop who stole it sold it, he knew it was stolen, because he'd stolen it.

So that's two felonies right there.
Correct, I was talking about the absolute statement as posted, that the sale of a stolen firearm is a felony. There are circumstances where sale or even possession of stolen property is not a crime, if you aquired it in good faith.

I work on occasion in that town. Its pretty sleepy, PD is 99 pct speeding and sticker stops, and 1 pct directing traffic when an endless line of $$$ suvs jamb up the roads when school lets out.
Although the other 50% has got to be writing parking tickets for out-of-towners
trying to use Singing Beach or the town docks.

"Chief Conley, who was appointed in October 2016, also reports that there are no indications that any other firearms, evidence or other property is missing from the department."

This means that no one else has complained, not that there's been an inventory and nothing else was missing.

funny, I missed the part where the cop was arrested. It’s been well over 24 hours since he was caught and resigned. Where is the real justice Maura? You stupid two faced c***.
Agreed, but I disagree with "stupid". Now, if you had said "Lying, despicable, statist, self-aggrandizing c***" I would be in full agreement with your statement.

And until officer douche-bag gets arrested and charged a simple case of self-serving "Let's get out in front of this and throw HIM under the bus before we ALL go down."

Last edited:
Legally that’s a stolen gun and should be returned to the lawful owner. Just because it was bought legally doesn’t mean he gets to keep it.

Maybe your AG will go after him.

Clearly if they did that then a simple reimbursement would no longer suffice. Laws that common folk abide by might come into play. Much more neat and tidy this way.

Back
Top Bottom