CZ75b matte stainless or polished? Preban mags?

Just got back from the indoor range. Damn it's cold. Anyway, blasted through ~200 rounds of my reloads with the CZ and my new Shield 9.

Wow is that CZ a smooth running gun and accurate! I can only imagine how much better and more accurate it can be after doing some trigger work and new sights. I think I'll eventually send it to CGW for their defensive package and new sights.

35ft:
View attachment 128366
Then I got worse towards the end, probably because I was cold and had been alternating between my shield and the CZ. Not bad though, these are X-treme plated 115 gr RN bullets with 4 gr of Titegroup.
View attachment 128367

I will say that it's going to take time to get use to the slimmer slide when trying to rack it and chamber a round. Obviously since the slide rides inside the frame, it leaves you with less material to grab the slide. Although it will probably be better once I shoot it in warmer weather and my hands aren't frozen.

Last edited:
Nice Andrew! Between 50 dollars and 400 dollars is the range of investment along with dry fire practice using a laserlyte cartridge to easily do 10X greater accuracy, so it can only get better. I have heard David does a great job. He was nice enough to post detailed pics on cz.firearms.us for the DIY nuts like me. Did your stainless come with rubber or plastic grips? My target from a couple months ago from my P01 at 45 feet slow fire, off hand, factory PMC. Needless to say full size are even better than P01.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Nice Andrew! Between 50 dollars and 400 dollars is the range of investment along with dry fire practice using a laserlyte cartridge to easily do 10X greater accuracy, so it can only get better. I have heard David does a great job. He was nice enough to post detailed pics on cz.firearms.us for the DIY nuts like me. Did your stainless come with rubber or plastic grips? My target from a couple months ago from my P01 at 45 feet slow fire, off hand, factory PMC. Needless to say full size are even better than P01.

Yeah it seems like you can really go crazy customizing these guns. Mine came with the rubber grips which I like, especially the thumb rest, fits my hand well.

Those are some really tight shots, I don't know if you can really improve beyond that [laugh]. Nice.

How's the shield trigger : )

Yeah it ain't too bad but the travel and reset could be improved. I emailed Lou at BEC and he said even the free state triggers can be improved upon so I'll probably swing by his shop this weekend.

Yeah it ain't too bad but the travel and reset could be improved. I emailed Lou at BEC and he said even the free state triggers can be improved upon so I'll probably swing by his shop this weekend.
he did one of my shields and much improved it. remember it will get better after a few hundred rds. when your there ask what are decent sights for it.. He showed me the one he has and forgot which ones but do know he had an orange front..

he did one of my shields and much improved it. remember it will get better after a few hundred rds. when your there ask what are decent sights for it.. He showed me the one he has and forgot which ones but do know he had an orange front..

Yeah thats true, I can't really judge the trigger too much since I've shot ~100 rounds through it so far. I really like the bright white dot sights but I'll ask him this weekend about other sight options.

UPDATE ON THE MAGS:

Seller emailed me late last night to inform me that he shipped them out yesterday. According to the tracking information, they should be arriving tomorrow. If so, I'll hit up the post office on Saturday morning to get these mailed out to everyone.

Last edited:
UPDATED ON THE MAGS:

Seller emailed me late last night to inform me that he shipped them out yesterday. According to the tracking information, they should be arriving tomorrow. If so, I'll hit up the post office on Saturday morning to get these mailed out to everyone.

If you ever come across doing a group buy again, I would be interested in picking up several as well.

Thanks.

If you ever come across doing a group buy again, I would be interested in picking up several as well.

Thanks.

Okay will do. In the meantime I would just search on gun broker to see if you can find similar looking unmarked magazines.

Contacted David Milam at Cajun Gun Works and finally decided to bite the bullet and drop some $ on getting the Defensive Carry Package and new range sights installed. Going to FedEx after work to ship it out, turnaround time he said is 6 weeks. I figured I should do it now while I'm not shooting much in this insane weather and I'll get it back in time for spring shooting. Definitely not cheap but I like my guns to have nice triggers. Money well spent if I'll enjoy shooting the gun that much more.

The GB seller didn't tell me he was shipping the mags with a signature required. Just looked at the tracking and they tried to deliver but me and my fiance aren't home so they won't be delivered until tomorrow. I just hope they're delivered early enough that it gives me time to package them up and ship them at the post office before they close at 12 tomorrow.

Seeing the value of the mags, I guess it wasn't a bad idea having a signature required. I just wish he told me so I could have at least had my grandmother hang at the house to sign. Oh well.

I still haven't done my taxes but since 2014 was the first full year of paying a mortgage (new home owner) I think I'll be getting some money back. So anyway, I dropped even more money on the CZ by purchasing the 22lr Kadet kit. I searched for a while to find them in stock at a decent price and finally came across LApolicegear.com had them for $391 and $3 shipping. Searched for coupons and found a 5% off and knocked $20 off which brought it down to $374 shipped. Not bad I'd say.

Contacted David Milam at Cajun Gun Works and finally decided to bite the bullet and drop some $ on getting the Defensive Carry Package and new range sights installed. Going to FedEx after work to ship it out, turnaround time he said is 6 weeks. I figured I should do it now while I'm not shooting much in this insane weather and I'll get it back in time for spring shooting. Definitely not cheap but I like my guns to have nice triggers. Money well spent if I'll enjoy shooting the gun that much more.

I did the CGW soup to nuts trigger reach reduction, short reset, race hammer, firing ping, polishing various parts along with upgraded springs and pins for $280 in parts on my CZ. Took me about 4 relaxing hours with a few breaks in between. The trigger reach, break, reset and feel was worth every penny IMO. CGW was very helpful and had the parts delivered to my door in 2 business days!

I did the CGW soup to nuts trigger reach reduction, short reset, race hammer, firing ping, polishing various parts along with upgraded springs and pins for $280 in parts on my CZ. Took me about 4 relaxing hours with a few breaks in between. The trigger reach, break, reset and feel was worth every penny IMO. CGW was very helpful and had the parts delivered to my door in 2 business days!

Nice! Yeah I just don't trust myself doing the polishing haha. But sounds like your CZ must shoot like a dream now. I can't wait to get mine back especially with the new (better) sights lol.

Nice! Glad everyone received their mags. I shipped my CZ out on Friday before I could even try the mags for functionality lol.

just installed the Cajun Gun Works Short reset dis-connector, extended firing pin, and 13# hammer spring. reset is about 50% of stock, and DA trigger pull is around 8, and SA feels around 2.5lb ( haven't used a scale yet). amazing improvement with drop in parts. just ordered a hammer and sear kit from then to finish off the trigger job, and will do a full polish of the internals when installing those.

just installed the Cajun Gun Works Short reset dis-connector, extended firing pin, and 13# hammer spring. reset is about 50% of stock, and DA trigger pull is around 8, and SA feels around 2.5lb ( haven't used a scale yet). amazing improvement with drop in parts. just ordered a hammer and sear kit from then to finish off the trigger job, and will do a full polish of the internals when installing those.

Sweet! I wish I trusted myself enough to do the work [laugh] I definitely envy fellow NESers who have the know how to do these things. I'm sure there are some YouTube videos to help out and other instructions but when it comes to polishing, I think it's tough to know unless you've done it before and know how much is needed etc.

I won't have mine back from CGW until the end of this month or early April. Can't wait to hear your range report!

it can be a little intimidating, but there is plenty of good video and photos out there to walk you through it. I did have the smallest spring, shoot across my face as i was trying to reinstall the sear block, tried with a magnet to find it for 15 minutes, then gave up, assumed it was lost forever, and ordered 2 new ones from CGW, with the hammer kit. 10 minutes later i just happened to catch the right light and found it!

Damn, how did I missed the mag group buy??? Andrew, if you come across any please let me know.

Back
Top Bottom