Deals and steals

Arken runs 25% sale, brings new light epl4 scope down to $329.

View attachment 766411

Ps. I have new epl4, shot it at 300/100 - for a cheap glass it is perfectly fine, only downside compared to ep5 is - its reticle does not have christmas tree layout for wind. But scope itself is way better than other $300 segment alternatives.

A downside to this deal is they only let you use one coupon code, so you can't get the combo pack discount (or use bonus points) if you also want the 25%.

A downside to this deal is they only let you use one coupon code, so you can't get the combo pack discount (or use bonus points) if you also want the 25%.
their combo packs are not that good value wise in my opinion, but the scope is ok.
the only item i think they have there that i worth it is a 20moa mount you can use on ARs - that one is ok. rings they have a so-so, i would not pay for them as much as they want. scope caps i print myself.

I am on the fence about trying Arken. I am worried about glass quality.

There are way too many people saying they are better than $2K scopes and I call BS on that.

I am not saying they are not good, I just don't believe a lot of those reviews. I have looked through some expensive scopes and the glass quality is amazing.

Maybe I will buy one, test it and worst case return it.

How are they with their returns? Do they charge restocking fee or make you pay for shipping or give you a hard time and require a valid reason other than "I don't like the glass"?

There are way too many people saying they are better than $2K scopes and I call BS on that.

I am not saying they are not good, I just don't believe a lot of those reviews. I have looked through some expensive scopes and the glass quality is amazing.

How are they with their returns? Do they charge restocking fee or make you pay for shipping or give you a hard time and require a valid reason other than "I don't like the glass"?
Stop being a skin flint and get that nightforce you really want. Leave the value brand glass for us poors.

I am worried about glass quality.
to put it plainly - it is well above of any other competition in the $330 price segment.
arken is good for non-critical applications and hobby uses. it has its shortcomings, and it is not a substitute for razors and nightforces.
if one can get 10 nightforces - one should get them. i now have 5 arkens, they all work the same, tuned the same, turrets and reticle is almost same and all work fine.
sh4 i like the least, new ep5 is good but heavy, epl4 is less heavy but slightly less in image than ep5 but above sh4 - and does not have xmass tree in reticle, that may be an issue.

for heavy builds - ep5, for all the rest - epl4. when you have a bunch of multiple rifles, it helps to setup them on scopes that all feel similar.

i would not buy any of arkens without that 25% or 20% discount - it happens every year, just need to wait for it.
out of all other cheap glass arken is quite good, but it is not a miracle item.

i do not know how their returns work for those, never tried and do not expect that to be easy, as they are arken, not a vortex. i think somebody from snipershide returned his for an exchange - his sample had an extensive chroma and issues with the parallax. all mine were fine so far.

Last edited:

Geissele Automatics G2S Two Stage AR-15 Trigger $109.99

🐯

arken sent an email for a new 1-8 lpvo they made.
the 25% coupon still works, it seems, and makes it a $300 scope. the price is interesting, at least.
Just ordered one. Says there will be a 4+ week wait, but for $348.73 (added the 34MM rigid mount), free shipping and no MA tax I couldn't pass it up. Probably have to do another AR build to give it a home. I've been happy with the bang for the buck from my other Arken optics.

I ordered an SH4 gen 2 scope and rings from Arken last Monday and it was delivered on Thursday. Took it to the range yesterday and really like it. So much in fact, I just ordered another one! An added bonus not mentioned yet is the 10% you get back in points. Between the scope and rings last week and the second scope five minutes ago, I can use the $66 in points I've earned to get another set of rings delivered for almost nothing!

Just ordered one. Says there will be a 4+ week wait, but for $348.73 (added the 34MM rigid mount), free shipping and no MA tax I couldn't pass it up. Probably have to do another AR build to give it a home. I've been happy with the bang for the buck from my other Arken optics.
i was thinking back and forth, but got nothing to put it on now, as all is already settled and there is no space for a new upper nowhere. :)
pls write it up later of how it will compare to rest of lpvos you`ve got, i am quite curious.

also - they finally made those stupid points to work, check your balance once you get a login link from their site - from 4 previous scopes my points went to $134, so i got myself 2 free 20moa mounts. those points have to be converted into your own discount code - BUT - that code does not work in combination with 25% discount code.

So much in fact, I just ordered another one
you can trust me when i say - EP5 is head and shoulders above what sh4 is. it does not mean sh4 is bad, but, ep5 is quite better.
but, considering price diff - dunno. from that perspective, at 25% off sh4 is indeed difficult to beat. but, i would still get an ep5.

you can trust me when i say - EP5 is head and shoulders above what sh4 is. it does not mean sh4 is bad, but, ep5 is quite better.
but, considering price diff - dunno. from that perspective, at 25% off sh4 is indeed difficult to beat. but, i would still get an ep5.

There's always a better option if you're willing to pay more! An EP5 with rings would have cost almost $450 if purchased together with 25% off. I got two SH4s with rings for $565 and have no regrets!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Maxpedition is having a buy one get one sale on a bunch of their stuff. I don’t need 2 tactical fanny packs but here I go anyway. [laugh]

Edit -their shipping costs are insane.
Man I have wanted one of those duffle for a long time but I have no need for two

Tempting to get 2 and put one on eBay.

if anyone wants a half price Maxpedition fanny pack or duffel speak up.
if your looking at this duffle
and this fanny pack

I could be interested. one of us buys the duffle and the other the fanny packs and it would be
I just need to covince myself that it's worth $162.50

if your looking at this duffle
and this fanny pack

I could be interested. one of us buys the duffle and the other the fanny packs and it would be
I just need to covince myself that it's worth $162.50
$240 for a duffle you can get at Ocean State for $20, 25 tops?
And a $12 fanny pack for $80 something?
[laugh] [laugh] [laugh]
I'll file this one under "steal".

Back
Top Bottom