Detroit Urban Survival Training-DUST

A few years ago, I watched 21 YT videos on disarming. Every single one made the same critical mistake, including these two. Never use there perps gun against him. You don't know if its loaded, jammed, broken, or even real, etc.

People who do not understand disarming will most likely not even know the mistake was made and will learn poor techniques.

I use this as a perfect example of why you should never get "defensive training" online, from unknown "instructors" no matter what experience they claim. Extending the concept, you should not get ANY training online from unknown "instructors" on any subject.

What? That'll totally work! LOL

Ummmm, read the whole thread again. Slowly. It started back in RockTober and got bumped today.

GUN TO YOUR HEAD. No evading possible. You've put yourself in teh WRONG position.

Some guy is 10-1,000 feet away - EVADE. Pistol aimed at less than arms length - running away isn't an option.

Maybe you quoted the wrong message, bruh?????
I'm gonna disagree here. You can move your feet and your head and disarm at the same time. Anyone whose taken a real force on force class knows that it's way easier to hit a stationary target. You should consider more hand to hand training.

What you said is cringy.

What if somebody has a gun that shoots backwards.

The mugger points the gun at the would be victim.

The victim resists and takes the gun away.

The mugger threatens the victim and the victim fires the gun at the mugger but since this special gun fires backwards - the victim gets killed.

The mugger then robs the dead victim and takes the gun back.

Think about it.

Ummm... that kind of thinking is way above my pay grade...

:)

Never, ever, rely on the criminal's weapon. You don't know if its jammed, loaded or even if its real. That "instructor" has lost all credibility

Unless it's made out of plastic it's going to work a lot better to smash off someone's head than my fist, which will have a high risk of breaking.

I know someone whose also used the barrel of a M16A2 as a spear on some guys face and lets just say that guy probably wish he was just shot instead. [rofl]

I am loving his shit, hope he keeps popping these out so I can get a good laugh. Literally any white belt wrestler can blast this guy through his rack of plastic guns and knives with his nonsense.

But I don't know whats worse, his "tactics" or people critiquing the disarming technique like they have the one that will actually work 😂 if some unknown bad guy has a gun drawn on you, you're pretty f***ed and have most likely already lost the battle.

Good luck trying to catch the hammer before it drops so you can BOOM, BAM, POW take the gun from him and finish in a cool pose! Let me know how that turns out.

09043174a63af669118dd86515f0963f.jpg

But I don't know whats worse, his "tactics" or people critiquing the disarming technique like they have the one that will actually work 😂 if some unknown bad guy has a gun drawn on you, you're pretty f***ed and have most likely already lost the battle.
Disarming is a last-ditch effort, but they can work. It has been proven in force-on-force training.

Disarming is a last-ditch effort, but they can work. It has been proven in force-on-force training.

Eh....alot of things "can" work, few do so reliably. A wrestler can execute a takedown on an untrained opponent 100% of the time. A boxer can outstrike an untrained opponent 100% of the time. A jiu jitsu guy can submit an untrained opponent 100% of the time. I have yet to see any disarm shit that can work with even moderate consistency on a spazzy noob (aka not getting hypothetically shot or stabbed in the process).

I've heard of guys rolling with their pistol on their hip as practice. That makes sense, not so much choreographed moves when a muzzle is pointed at you. If any of these disarm gurus disagree, give me a loaded Glock and 3 feet of space, kind of like if I was a bad guy pointing a gun at them in real life. Say ready, set, go......neither the IDF or Steven Seagal is saving them.

I feel like sometimes having the knowledge to know when you're truly f***ed is more valuable than the hubris of thinking you always have the key to control the situation.

I did a Force-on-Force airsoft pistol class, where we practiced that drill. If you don’t hesitate, it works. Better to jam the gun barrel in the attackers face to break some bones - that convinces them to let go. If the gun goes off - oops.

Is it me or does he look like a slightly portly Shaggy.

(He survived a night in Detroit)
Wasn't me!
(Defended against a striker fired pistol)
Wasn't me!
(Posted it all over Youtube)
Wasn't me!
(Ridiculed by NES daily)
Wasn't me!

Second DUST video: EXACTLY my point from word GO. "Oh, you can just train to get out of those situations. It's just training. You're stupid and your opinion is like doggy-poopy."

Or, you get shot.

Once someone has a gun on you from 1' away, you're effectively F'd. Don't delude yourself into thinking you're going to DUST your way to taking out the BG. Running MIGHT work. Or not. Giving up your wallet and watch (who wears a watch anymore, besides me that is) MIGHT work. But good luck.

Back
Top Bottom