• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Detroit Urban Survival Training-DUST

What if somebody has a gun that shoots backwards.

The mugger points the gun at the would be victim.

The victim resists and takes the gun away.

The mugger threatens the victim and the victim fires the gun at the mugger but since this special gun fires backwards - the victim gets killed.

The mugger then robs the dead victim and takes the gun back.

Think about it.

Seems I have not heard of him. Since I just moved from the area. I find that odd. But, what should be stressed is situational awareness too not let someone that close. Head on a swivel.

What if somebody has a gun that shoots backwards.

The mugger points the gun at the would be victim.

The victim resists and takes the gun away.

The mugger threatens the victim and the victim fires the gun at the mugger but since this special gun fires backwards - the victim gets killed.

The mugger then robs the dead victim and takes the gun back.

Think about it.
That is a level above carrying 2 snap caps for when the other guy takes your gun.

Took an IDF defense-of-gun class a few years ago. There is NO way I'm gonna move my HEAD in that scenario. I need to move that gun. And his disarm is awful and allows follow up shots by his attacker. The FIRST thing you need to do is disable the gun.

All that said - there is NO way I'd try any of what I learned. It's something you need to practice on a regular basis. And I'm pretty sure getting caught on the street by a dude that wants to kill me is not statistically significant enough to train for.

Took an IDF defense-of-gun class a few years ago. There is NO way I'm gonna move my HEAD in that scenario. I need to move that gun. And his disarm is awful and allows follow up shots by his attacker. The FIRST thing you need to do is disable the gun.

All that said - there is NO way I'd try any of what I learned. It's something you need to practice on a regular basis. And I'm pretty sure getting caught on the street by a dude that wants to kill me is not statistically significant enough to train for.

i was taught that you always move yourself while moving the gun, that #1 is to control the weapon, and #2 is to get off the line of attack. sometimes depending on the situation you're in the gun won't move, or your feet won't move, so you do both at the same time.

Wut?

First thing you do is get important things away from the business end. Not getting shot, especially in the head, trumps other gymnastics whatever disabling the gun means. LOL this guy's AR 'disarm' has "Bow to your Sensei!" written all over it, as does pretty much everything else. The one thing he gets correct is simultaneously moving his head and deflecting the direction of aim in that first pistol vid posted. Goes downhill from there and I completely agree that his disarms suck and will get him shot.

Regarding what you train for- depends on your lifestyle and where that lifestyle may take you. I'll say this- as a country we have really turned to shit over the last 10-20 years and inner city crime is heading towards slums of Johannesburg and Sao Paulo levels. Compare the city centers of just about any major international city vs. that of New York, and your expose level to shitbirds is essentially zero vs. 100% in NYC. Situational awareness is your best asset

i was taught that you always move yourself while moving the gun, that #1 is to control the weapon, and #2 is to get off the line of attack. sometimes depending on the situation you're in the gun won't move, or your feet won't move, so you do both at the same time.
Yep, this ^ ^ ^

What? That'll totally work! LOL

Wut?

First thing you do is get important things away from the business end. Not getting shot, especially in the head, trumps other gymnastics whatever disabling the gun means. LOL this guy's AR 'disarm' has "Bow to your Sensei!" written all over it, as does pretty much everything else. The one thing he gets correct is simultaneously moving his head and deflecting the direction of aim in that first pistol vid posted. Goes downhill from there and I completely agree that his disarms suck and will get him shot.

Regarding what you train for- depends on your lifestyle and where that lifestyle may take you. I'll say this- as a country we have really turned to shit over the last 10-20 years and inner city crime is heading towards slums of Johannesburg and Sao Paulo levels. Compare the city centers of just about any major international city vs. that of New York, and your expose level to shitbirds is essentially zero vs. 100% in NYC. Situational awareness is your best asset
Ummmm, read the whole thread again. Slowly. It started back in RockTober and got bumped today.

GUN TO YOUR HEAD. No evading possible. You've put yourself in teh WRONG position.

Some guy is 10-1,000 feet away - EVADE. Pistol aimed at less than arms length - running away isn't an option.

Maybe you quoted the wrong message, bruh?????

What? That'll totally work! LOL

Ummmm, read the whole thread again. Slowly. It started back in RockTober and got bumped today.

GUN TO YOUR HEAD. No evading possible. You've put yourself in teh WRONG position.

Some guy is 10-1,000 feet away - EVADE. Pistol aimed at less than arms length - running away isn't an option.

Maybe you quoted the wrong message, bruh?????

Oh yeah, def. lol. This dude needs to be held responsible if someone dies trying his nonsense

Definitely you are in the wrong position and generally fooked. But what to do about it?

No evading possible is one way to look at it...

18349657.gif

Back
Top Bottom