Do I need to get an AK now? Yes, yes I do! Butā€¦

Really, am I gonna be the guy who says my Wasr has been great? No canted sight, looks great, shoots great...

Same. I've owned two and they were both first-rate. I spent 650 new on the first one, 350 used on the second... and that was last summer. Deals are out there if you're fast and committed, @Rockrivr1

But probably not $350 deals. I got lucky. My SHTF firearm is my WASR; Maadi is the backup, only because it's a really nice one.

Romanian SARs are f***in awesome, you take that back right now.

In order:

1) Russian AK
2) Egyptian AK
3) Hungarian/Romanian/Bulgarian/Polish AK
4) Chinese AK
5) Yugo AK
6) VZ-58
7) SKS
8) a papercut in the dickhole
9) death
10) a US-made AK

View attachment 855487

What he said.

Same. I've owned two and they were both first-rate. I spent 650 new on the first one, 350 used on the second... and that was last summer. Deals are out there if you're fast and committed, @Rockrivr1

But probably not $350 deals. I got lucky. My SHTF firearm is my WASR; Maadi is the backup, only because it's a really nice one.

What he said.

So you are wrong as well.

What AK should I be getting? Look, with the new ban coming Iā€™m thinking itā€™s time to get an AK in my collection. I have a really crappy SAR-1 with awful trigger slap. So thinking itā€™s time to get something else.

I see the Holy Grail Polytechs in the classifieds but that is too rich for my blood. With that said what are some good ones to look for that are not $4-5000?

Yes, I know. Iā€™ve waited too long. It is what it is.

Thanks

Just put a tapco G2 in it and stop complaining, that should kill the slap.

These days a SAR-1 isn't crap. šŸ¤£ That's a wasr with dimples.

Nah man, I love Maadis and Romanian guns, have owned and shot both extensively but they observably not as nice as a Hungarian or Chinese AK.

I've owned 'em all over the years. You're not wrong. An Arsenal is probably the best I've ever had.

But.

They're not "better enough" to justify the price people are asking these days. And OP said the budget matters.

How about we throw a monkey wrench into RR's plans and start comparing 47's to a 74's?

Why Me Crying GIF by Team Coco

Unless Iā€™m mistaken the ammo for the 74s has dried up.

It has. Stick with the plan.

Animated GIF

Wrong.

It's crap with less trigger slap.

Dude it's a f***ing AK. šŸ¤£ There's far worse you could do. Century RAS fake milled, the old shitty hesse / Vulcan arms etc. The only shit wasrs are some of the $250 specials that came with canted sights.

Is there better? Sure, cosmetically/feels wise, a lot better, but honestly if OP just fixes the trigger and puts some better furniture on the gun it'll be 85% of every other AK out there.

Dude it's a f***ing AK. šŸ¤£ There's far worse you could do. Century RAS fake milled, the old shitty hesse / Vulcan arms etc. The only shit wasrs are some of the $250 specials that came with canted sights.

Is there better? Sure, cosmetically/feels wise, a lot better, but honestly if OP just fixes the trigger and puts some better furniture on the gun it'll be 85% of every other AK out there.
My m-11 came with a piece of rubber tubing on the trigger. Maybe op can fix his for 3 cents šŸ¤£

Back
Top Bottom