• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Do you need RI Qualification?

I will be in Southern RI for the rest of the summer and beyond. I am a NRA Pistol Instructor and can administer the RI Qualification Test for your new application or for renewal. The test would be administered at Elite Indoor Range

Particulars:
  • You must shoot a score of 195 or better out of a possible score of three hundred (300) with thirty (30) consecutive rounds at a distance of twenty-five (25) yards on the army “L” target, firing “slow” fire. The “slow” fire course shall allow ten (10) minutes for the firing of each of three (3) ten (10) shot strings.
  • RI states that the caliber you test with is the largest you can carry so keep that in mind.
  • Cost will be $60.
  • Estimated time is 30 minutes
  • I pay for the range time and all targets
  • You bring your choice of pistol and at least 60 rounds of ammunition.
This is not pistol training if you want an hour of instruction separately we can do that as well. I am flexible but please insure that you can put 30 rounds on the paper at 75ft (25yds). The army L target is big 28" x 28" so this is not that hard a qualification.

Safety Waiver for Elite Be sure to complete your smart waiver ahead of time! Please fill out before you arrive.

Please feel free to ask questions.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom