• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for an Armorer or Weaponsmith in RI

I'm helping a friend with a muzzle loader. The charge was left in the firearm for about 3 years, and has caused corrosion in the chamber area. I'm hoping to find an armorer or weaponsmith that can clean out the corrosion and assess if there is permanent damage. The weapon is in South County, but it's a small state, so I can go anywhere. Would prefer to avoid CT or MA, if I can, but will travel over there if needed.

If this were my weapon, I may take a crack at it myself, but since it is not, I want a pro to look at it.

Thanks.

I'm not sure if he does muzzleloaders, but I've used Dave Santurri before and was pleased with his work. He's in Mass, but just over the line in Attleboro (or North Attleborough).

I would make a topic in general and see what others here think.

Depending on what model and type of muzzleloader it is, it may not be a problem at all and a simple douching and oil job is all that's needed.

The chamber is just where the powder gets ignited, it shouldn't affect accuracy or function.

Back
Top Bottom