EVERY SHOOTER Should Get a C&R FFL!

Greg has it right. C&R eligible guns are those >50 yrs old or on a special list published by BATFE.

So no USPs for ~40 more years. :(

BTW, nothing wrong with used guns, as long as they weren't abused. H&K gives a lifetime warranty anyway. Both my USP Compacts were purchased used and I saved ~$50 on the first one (it was only 2 weeks old prior to the owner trading for a Glock) or ~$200 on the second one.

One trip to the range and my guns become "used" . . . IMNSHO not worth $100 or more just to be the "first shot" on a gun.

OK so only guns that are 50 years old or older? Great for gun collectors, not so great for people that like newer guns I guess. Oh well.

Just finished reading this hole post. I sent in my C&R appl. today now We'll see how long it takes to get it. I feel like a puppy dog staring out the window waiting for the mailman.

WTF
I sent in my C&R app on 02-08-07 they cashed the check on 02-13-07 and I still haven't received anything. I called last week and they said it was being processed. aggrahhhh

WTF
I sent in my C&R app on 02-08-07 they cashed the check on 02-13-07 and I still haven't received anything. I called last week and they said it was being processed. aggrahhhh

I called and they said they sent it almost a month earlier. I told them I hadn't recoeved it and they sent another one out. After I called I had it within three days.

I called again yesterday. They said it is still being processed and said it can take up to 90 days from when they receive it.

Needless to say I am awaiting May 13th, aka Mothers day

[shocked] Holy Crap! after doing a quick search I just saw what I could get with a C&R!!

Needless to say I just ordered my application from the ATF, Thanks for this thread guys, I just can't believe it took me this long to figure this out!

And so it begins...

On the way home from the significant other LTC class actually talking guns and shooting with my wife, I thought my day couldn't get any better. Much to my surprise however my C&R and the accompanying literature was waiting to greet me at my mail box. And so it begins a short 19 days from submitting my application, the quest for what to buy.

Woohoo, I found a nice big package from the BATFE on my doorstep
this afternoon. If anyone is willing to share (privately) dealers who will
give C&R discounts I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!
Firtree

I received my app in the mail today, and it'll go out tomorrow. Wife was a bit freaked to see an envelope arrive from BATFE. I told her I was getting a permit for fully automatic machine guns.

As if any of us could expect to get a class III...I can dream, tho, right?

Anyway, the countdown begins for my C&R.

OK, so it is time to renew my 03-FFL and I got my envelope to mail.

The only stamps in the house are the freaking Valentine Day leftovers.

Here is my Envelope. Hope someone at the ATF has a sense of humor...

LoveAtf.jpg

... I told her I was getting a permit for fully automatic machine guns.

As if any of us could expect to get a class III...I can dream, tho, right?

Not to go too far OT, but I'm not sure what you are getting at. There is no federal law against full auto possession, although there is a costly and time-consuming registration/transfer process. Some states (MA being one of them) add the additional hurdle of requiring anyone seeking to own a machinegun to get a state permit. Such permits do exist and many MA residents own full auto firearms quite legally.

Back to topic... some machineguns are C&R. [smile]

Not to go too far OT, but I'm not sure what you are getting at. There is no federal law against full auto possession, although there is a costly and time-consuming registration/transfer process. Some states (MA being one of them) add the additional hurdle of requiring anyone seeking to own a machinegun to get a state permit. Such permits do exist and many MA residents own full auto firearms quite legally.

Back to topic... some machineguns are C&R. [smile]

My bad. I thought (erroneously) that a class III allowed for the purchase of select fire and machine guns.

Back to topic, my CC was charged yesterday for my C&R. Three business days after I mailed in the app. Is this a good sign?

My bad. I thought (erroneously) that a class III allowed for the purchase of select fire and machine guns.

What are you referring to when you say "a class III"? You do not need any kind of federal license to buy select fire and machine guns. You have to fill out a federal form and pay $200 transfer tax. In MA, you need a state license to do so, though.

Back
Top Bottom