EVERY SHOOTER Should Get a C&R FFL!

None taken...no worries. I live in NH. I was really just trying to figure out how much of this I can get done electronically.
Aw, hell... what are you worried about if you live in Free America? EVERYONE will ship to YOU - you don't have an A$$hole General who abuses consumer protection laws by using them as gun control laws.

Heard of the Free State Project? I escaped from mAss back in '79, but for some strange reason I drive back 5 days / week.

All you need is a good buddy, north of the border...no?

Not really!

C&R FFL does NOT allow you to be a "dealer" so buying for another and reselling it is NOT LEGAL for a C&R FFL holder.

Clarification: I wasn't considering firearms, 'cuz that's illegal....more like ammo & accessories. NOT straw purchase. Sorry for the confusion.

Other possibilities I'm considering are an SKS and a Mosin-Nagant 38 or 44, the first because everybody should have at least 1 and the second because of "The Boom".

I've found the K-31 is the most accurate milsurp out there, and it's great to handload for. Mosin's are nice but there were millions of them made so they'll be available for a while. The K-31's should be getting scarce pretty soon with only 582,230 being made, and they're very popular. I have two and want more!

I've found the K-31 is the most accurate milsurp out there, and it's great to handload for. Mosin's are nice but there were millions of them made so they'll be available for a while. The K-31's should be getting scarce pretty soon with only 582,230 being made, and they're very popular. I have two and want more!
What is ammo availability like? Can you PM me potential sources?

TIA

Cannot acquire firearms other than curios or relics using a collector's license. Licensed collectors have no special privileges with regard to firearms that are not curios or relics.

So... if I request this type of license it's ONLY good for guns older than 50 years? So if I want to buy a new caspian frame for a 1911 I need to work with an FFL... right?

BUT! - I CAN purchase a full auto older than 50 years?

So... if I request this type of license it's ONLY good for guns older than 50 years? So if I want to buy a new caspian frame for a 1911 I need to work with an FFL... right?

BUT! - I CAN purchase a full auto older than 50 years?

On #1 - YES! C&R only covers complete firearms designated as C&Rs or over 50 years old.

On #2 - You still need to do all the forms just like any other machine gun, pay the tax etc.

I've been searching but I can't seem to find the info I'm looking for. I am moving and know that I need to notify the ATF of this but I can't find out exactly how much time I have to do this. Any help would be appreciated.

Don't worry I already have the info for the LTC notifications.

The forms should be either on the BATFE website or you can order them from there. Another option is to call the local BATFE office and ask them to mail you the form.

It's of the application process. It's meant to inform them in case they have some information that you shouldn't have a C&R (and we're talking objective information, not subjective opinions/"suitability")

OK. My actual Collector of Curios and Relics License arrived today along with a note to expect "publications and an initial supply of forms" in about ten days. Now what?

Make a copy of it, sign each copy individually, and send it to every distributor listed in shotgun news.
A suggestion that was given to me was to sign it in BLUE ink - so you can always tell a copy since copy machines will copy it in black - and also to put on the side some where "file copy for XXX" where XXX is the name of the FFL you're sending it to.

No, that won't work. Each copy needs to be an original signature. I have a stack of signed copies that I mail out whenever I get the milsurp urge. The original is in a secure location.

Back
Top Bottom