Forced surrender of bump stocks in MA EOPSS letter, per GOAL

I propose we bring in tens of thousands of old dirty pairs of jeans to all of our police stations or wherever we are supposed to drop off “bump stocks or other devices” since YouTube will tell you that you can bump fire with your thumb behind your belt loop as you shoot from the hip.

MAURA HEALEY/CHARLIE BAKER: PANTS CONFISCATION 2018

Question here. I know there are lawyer types around, and I'm looking for general legal precedent/guidance, not specific advice on a course of action. What's generally needed to achieve standing to file a suit for something like this? Is a generic letter like this enough, or would the state actually have to be filing charges against you specifically?

So, anyone have a guess how many virtue signalers will turn in their pieces of plastic? I'm guessing I won't have to take off my shoes to count that high, maybe not even remove my booger hook from the bang switch protector.

Some guy on FB who said he worked for the P.O. claimed since it was sent bulk mail a return to sender would be tossed by the local P.O. unless you placed a 1st class stamp on it

If he said he worked for the P.O. then he doesn't. It's the Postal Service. Back in my PictureTel days I worked with a number of them, if you said Post Office they would be all over you. [wink]

If he said he worked for the P.O. then he doesn't. It's the Postal Service. Back in my PictureTel days I worked with a number of them, if you said Post Office they would be all over you. [wink]

No I said P.O. the part about the stamps was him

Here it is below, screenshot got cut off but he estimated the cost to be about 14 cents for anyone interested in the cost

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-01-24-19-41-47.png
    Screenshot_2018-01-24-19-41-47.png
    80.6 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Well I feel lucky. received mine today here in NH so do I need to make an appointment with your AG to turn all illegal items in?:)
Do you have a nonresident license?

If so, someone needs to update their latest calculation of the money spent mailing these. What an absolute waste of time and money. How does this letter as written even apply to a nonresident? It should just say, don't bring them to MA. Thanks.

Question here. I know there are lawyer types around, and I'm looking for general legal precedent/guidance, not specific advice on a course of action. What's generally needed to achieve standing to file a suit for something like this? Is a generic letter like this enough, or would the state actually have to be filing charges against you specifically?

You have standing if you’re adversely effected (ie you have a bump stock).

Anyone else get two addressed to them...
This state is clueless must mean that they are positive that I have one, I honestly don’t have any love for bumps and would much rather put the money in to the someday I’ll be able to afford a sub gun fund
image.jpg

Anyone else get two addressed to them...
This state is clueless must mean that they are positive that I have one, I honestly don’t have any love for bumps and would much rather put the money in to the someday I’ll be able to afford a sub gun fund
View attachment 219362

If you have two licenses you get two letters. I have an LTC and a Machine Gun License so I got two (and my wife has her LTC so three letters to my household in total).

Some guy on FB who said he worked for the P.O. claimed since it was sent bulk mail a return to sender would be tossed by the local P.O. unless you placed a 1st class stamp on it
That is true. I asked my Postmaster about this a long time ago.

A friend asked me an interesting question about this new law. He wonders if the Hell-Fire trigger device is also banned by this law.

I haven't studied the wording of the law to have an answer for him at this point.

Joking aside, I’m returning my letter with a big MOLON LABE and SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED written on it.

Since I don’t have a bump stock or trigger crank, curious what they could come and take aside from my LTC, guns, ammo and liberty.

If bump stocks could be bought by anyone (no proof of a firearms license required), then is the Commonwealth discriminating against legal gun owners by sending only them letters? Since this law applies to ALL in the Commonwealth, shouldn't everyone be getting a letter?

Everyone is assuming that police may own a bump stock after they were given an exclusion to the AR-15 rule but I'm not sure that is the case this time around? I don't know for sure.

MA gun owners are being picked on in the Commonwealth. We need sanctuary cities for gun owners. And free clinics to go and shoot in to help with our addiction. And we need the rest of the Commonwealth to be understanding of us and feel bad for us and support us and not discriminate against us. And don't forget the hot cocoa and therapy dogs for our future gun-owner students! (sorry, couldn't resist the sarcasm)

I really want to believe you. But honestly?

"Twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action" is just as valid a counter argument.

Let me put it this way. This isn't an Angus McQuillicken/ Jacques rhymes with fakes special where they pulled out all the stops on it. If it was it wouldn't have been written that poorly. The genesis for this piece of shit probably came from creem or someone like that (Although I forget who originally filed the piece of
shit bill). I guess I just don't understand the armflapping as though somehow, this (mostly insignificant) law is a hint at some greater confiscation
conspiracy. This wasn't a "brains" kind of operation here. Some legislamers slapped this together in 5 minutes and rammed it as a knee jerk reaction to what happened in vegas. You guys who are trying to massage this into a "ZOMG the black vans are coming" kind of event aren't really helping. You're not going to
motivate people by telling them lies based on gnomish tinfoiler mysticism. This stuff is heinous enough by itself without having to exaggerate it.

Now, if you want to say "well, straphangers from maig probably suggested this because they could pass it quickly with little resistance using memetic inertia" then yeah, I'd be inclined to believe that- that Shitberg or one of his minions was behind the "idea" for this, as I'm sure those pieces of shit went right to their phone banks while the bodies were still warm. That said, I'm not seeing a conspiracy here- the people that actually passed this law (the legislators) are literally too stupid to
comprehend such things, I mean they couldn't even be bothered to write the bill correctly, so what makes you think that they're daft enough to engineer an actual gun confiscation strategy? (which BTW, costs lots of money, which makes it much harder for them to pass a bill). The bottom line is they did this because it was a
cheap shot they could get in by using a "free space" on the bingo card.

-Mike

Don't think for a minute that isn't on their radar either. That's Maura's next move in fact.

That's cute that you think that, but the reality is Maura doesn't want that because it doesn't fit in with the "pattern of shitting on gun owners as cheaply as
possible for political purposes without having to pay anything for it". To actually demand surrender or confiscation (under something that isn't a law, unlike this stupid bump stock ban thing) suddenly makes everyone with a post 94 AR/AK a huge batch of plaintiffs that will be harmed. Shes dumb, but not that dumb to kick that hornets nest. Not to mention it would likely trigger a paradigm shift in MA gun culture from "fear and mindless obedience" (which is most of the gun owners in MA with their crying towels) to outright defiance and persistence against people like her.

ETA: since 7/20 this has already happened somewhat, we already saw her shit her pants when like 2000+ guns got transferred around 7/20 and the days after, and the whole 7/20 thing has caused shitloads of MA gun owners to "go rogue" because being called a felon in waiting "makes its own gravy" in that regard.

-Mike

Joking aside, I’m returning my letter with a big MOLON LABE and SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED written on it.

You better pay for postage and readdress it, because if you do RETURN TO SENDER on bulk mail, the post office just throws it in the trash. These were not sent out first class.

-Mike

If bump stocks could be bought by anyone (no proof of a firearms license required), then is the Commonwealth discriminating against legal gun owners by sending only them letters? Since this law applies to ALL in the Commonwealth, shouldn't everyone be getting a letter

Doesn't matter gun owners are not a protected class, the state also does not officially recognize being ammosexual.

Reading their letter today I had a revelation of sorts. The first sentence "any device for a weapon that increases the rate of fire achievable with such weapon" says to me if you can quantify the fastest rate of fire for the gun in a semi auto action that would drive the ROF that the bump stock or trigger crank would have to exceed to fall within the scope of the law. What I am thinking is if you can shoot the gun at lets say 1000rpm, the bump stock would have to shoot 1001 which I think the gate in the gun would be cyclic rate of the bolt and not the device attached.

I posted it several pages back, the people who wrote this law dont know what ROF means...its embarrassing.

Back
Top Bottom