Forced surrender of bump stocks in MA EOPSS letter, per GOAL

I got my letter. Is this the thread to watch for a call to action, or the one in General Discussion?
I don't have an AR, or a bump stock - but want to do more than rage impotently on the internets.

What do you need a Fudd like me to do so they don't come for my Browning A5 (in 16 gauge of course, because anything else is inferior) next? We writing politicians, standing with signs, having a tantrum, knitting AR hats?

I'm in.

I got my letter. Is this the thread to watch for a call to action, or the one in General Discussion?
I don't have an AR, or a bump stock - but want to do more than rage impotently on the internets.

What do you need a Fudd like me to do so they don't come for my Browning A5 (in 16 gauge of course, because anything else is inferior) next? We writing politicians, standing with signs, having a tantrum, knitting AR hats?

I'm in.

you keep referring to yourself as a fudd, but it's not about just having certain guns. You are member of the cool kids even without an AK.

I'm in.
you keep referring to yourself as a fudd, but it's not about just having certain guns. You are member of the cool kids even without an AK.
A fudd would be a guy with a Browning A5 who doesn't see the writing on the wall.

I got my detention slip from the principal. Did they send letters to everyone in Massachusetts when they banned Four Loko! Just saying.

OK, they want to turn us into FELONS thru legislation???? So be it!!!!!!!!
Was it Sun Tsi that once said; "All actions have consequences."
Looks like they (again) put their "mouths" in gear before taking their
heads out of their Arses. My opinion, whoever is offended ----GOOD---- I've done my job!!!!!!

Are all A5s FUDDy?

52e2e98335d9a9001226d08ba870e07c--be-awesome-auto-.jpg

People who have them just aren't going to obey. I would love to see the statistic of how many actually end up turned over to PD depts.... I bet it's single digits. If that doesn't send a FU then I don't know what will.

I don't think that they care, they can always pick you up for billion of other "felonious" bullshit in this state. I think that this is a good game move to take down Faker as well as keep pushing their agenda. Bumpstocks today, something else tomorrow. The precedence for taking has been set. It's only "100-200 bucks", so Faker says, no biggie.

Well if you have a piece of plastic that could get you life in prison - then why not just get that full auto lower parts kit for the AR... Or a lightning link. I mean if you're a felon staring down a possible life sentence then what's 10 years for having an actual machine gun... Sounds like the lesser evil to me.

First of all, don't hurt me too much on this . . . .

I am really perplexed. I don't know if I am in a historical moment in time . . . the tipping point where a new revolution started or a new tyrant starts her rise because of the spineless sycophants around her. The rise of a new Khmer Rouge. I own neither of these items in the "letter" and never have, but that, as we all know, is not the point. Just like "gun control", it is less about guns and more about control. The fact that this self pronounced savior of the public thinks she knows better than anyone else what is needed to protect us poor, uneducated peons, pisses me off to no end.

I don't know what to do with the letter . . . Save it, Frame it (to later take to Las Vegas and see if Rick Harrison will give me $20 for it), burn it or send it back with a big "F - YOU, You Commy Bitch" on it. The problem with that is "they" know my address, they know most of our addresses. Will gun safe inspections come next? Will everyone who bought an AR or AK get a knock on the door to see if a bumpstock or trigger crank is on the premises. If I send the letter back, will I have a rejected LTC-A application?

This sucks beyond all sucky situations. Hopefully the LEOs with not let that happen.

I'm surprised that someone is not challenging this yet, and not just for the possible 5th amendment "taking". I question the constitutionality of the potential life sentence for possessing a hunk of plastic, especially given the disproportionate difference between bump stock possession and possessing an actual machinegun.

The last free posts reminded me of one of my games I'd play to pass the time while riding the redline back and forth from Quincy station to MIT.

I would think through how I would try and get a spent .22lr casing in a pocket or bag of as many people I could while passing. Never did it once, but the potential ramifications always amused me and took some of the sting out of the commute.

That's the sort of response this needs though. This is the equivalent of the effing State dropping a spent she'll casing and a 15 round mag in everyone's pocket without their permission.

I'm wondering how many people could get jammed up over a couple of bricks worth or spent .22's.

I Dont know why they even call it "news" when they mean "lies"
Washington state bumpstock ban.
Washington state Senate OKs bump-stock ban in rare victory for gun-control advocates
The first line...
OLYMPIA — The Washington Senate has approved a bill to ban bump stocks, the type of rapid-fire trigger modification that entered the national consciousness after last fall’s mass shooting in Las Vegas.

Just like law makers from mass who dont know what rate of fire means,

Apparently in Washington state a bumpstock is a trigger modification that in reality make no modification to a trigger..

I may not be able to write a coherent post....these guys are "educated" whats their excuse?

Good point about the spent shell casings. Where the hell was the NRA and all these other 'helpful' agencies when that POS law made the books? I have always and continue to see that one as potentially the most heinous gun law in Mass. There are a lot of insipid gun laws on the books, but the spent shell casing = ammo is the one that could trip up virtually any and every gun owner who actually shoots their guns. Upon arrival when visiting family in New Orleans, a 9mm case fell out of my college kid's jacket pocket. He was relieved that it didn't get him in trouble at the airport. I explained to him that if it were detected in Boston, it could have been a huge problem but not because of the TSA. Also, so much for security...

I DGAF about bump stocks but I do care about supporting those who do and frankly would not turn mine in if I had one. I plan to write letters to Faker, Polito, and Bennett regarding my objection to their unconstitutional taking and uneducated and arbitrary banning of a legal accessory. I will remind them that their overreaction to media hype will have consequences for their political careers. I will speak to my club about the issues behind this and the terrible precedent this sets. Ultimately, I will GTFO of Mass in the next few years and move to a state that has not gone rogue against the US Constitution.

So think of something that you own that is legal but objectionable to libtards, who essentially control this state via the pols who pander to them. Maybe that item will be next to be confiscated.

Well if you have a piece of plastic that could get you life in prison - then why not just get that full auto lower parts kit for the AR... Or a lightning link. I mean if you're a felon staring down a possible life sentence then what's 10 years for having an actual machine gun... Sounds like the lesser evil to me.

That's actually a pretty good point.

Our legislature and our AG (with her unconstitutional and blatantly illegal abuse of authority a while back) have LOWERED the bar for "criminal" actions.

If we're basically all felons ANYWAY then what the hell DIFFERENCE does it make if they can add ANOTHER 10 year concurrent sentence to our jail time?

They've essentially made it MORE attractive to be a criminal in this state.

I can’t believe we’ve come to a point where the legislature has gone full retard while some people are definitely going to consider going full auto.

I'm surprised that someone is not challenging this yet, and not just for the possible 5th amendment "taking". I question the constitutionality of the potential life sentence for possessing a hunk of plastic, especially given the disproportionate difference between bump stock possession and possessing an actual machinegun.

Are you going to risk losing EVERYTHING over an $80 chunk of plastic that is essentially a toy?

They accidentally found the perfect item to incrementally press their agenda. Who will risk everything for a toy? Yet they manage to ban "evil" "machine gun" and steal our property without compensation. Watch. The next illegal taking will be something that is also "inconsequential" but a little less so than bump stock. Then, look out because it will be mags > 7 rounds and then anything semiauto and then anything period.

Will gun safe inspections come next?
Sure. Why not? What downside for the state could possibly exceed the PR gains the gun prohibitionist political leadership would receive?
Will everyone who bought an AR or AK get a knock on the door to see if a bumpstock or trigger crank is on the premises.
Same response as above. Body/gun camera footage of brave officers saving the little children from the real or imagined bump stocks of seething gun bullies would be a slam dunk for the state on the nightly news in Boston.
If I send the letter back, will I have a rejected LTC-A application?
Why would the local constabulary pass up an excellent opportunity to revoke more LTCs? How would they not gain from doing so?

There are a lot of insipid gun laws on the books, but the spent shell casing = ammo is the one that could trip up virtually any and every gun owner who actually shoots their guns.
My guess is that was the point.
I will remind them that their overreaction to media hype will have consequences for their political careers.
This will benefit their political careers.
Ultimately, I will GTFO of Mass in the next few years and move to a state that has not gone rogue against the US Constitution.
That is really your only recourse, but in reality, every state already has "gone rogue against the US Constitution."

Just throwing this out there but if you refuse to turn in your stock will you lose standing for a lawsuit? As I recall, you cannot sue for potential harm, only actual harm and if you do not have any proof that you were forced to give up property without compensation what exactly are your damages?

Not to be confused with an injunction to halt the confiscation itself, mind you, but an actual lawsuit to recover damages due to a violation of your rights.

Just throwing this out there but if you refuse to turn in your stock will you lose standing for a lawsuit? As I recall, you cannot sue for potential harm, only actual harm and if you do not have any proof that you were forced to give up property without compensation what exactly are your damages?

Not to be confused with an injunction to halt the confiscation itself, mind you, but an actual lawsuit to recover damages due to a violation of your rights.

It's likely what they're waiting for

Back
Top Bottom