Forced surrender of bump stocks in MA EOPSS letter, per GOAL

... Speeding and assault are not catch-22's, you simply can choose not to do them. Here, you are guilty of a felony if you choose not to dispose of the plastic yet the state has disallowed any transfer that recompenses you for that chunk of plastic. How are those remotely equal?

I know! I know! I got this one!

They AREN'T!

One is a choice based on personal responsibility and the other is grand larceny under color of law.

Yup. I also opened my mailbox today to find our 3 form letters. What a waste of paper and postage.

I saw something on the news last week, it said MA gun ownership was 14%

I happen to know of two people that obtained lifetime FID's and never knew they'd been "expired". One simply ignored the whole thing and the other actually went through the whole LTC process when he found out.

Gun ownership in MA is FAR more than 14% of the population. Licensed, sure. Probably about 14%. I'd guess if you add in the criminal elements it's a whale of a number.

Not true in any sense whatsoever. The state has setup a situation where a person breaks the law by doing nothing yet is not allowed to do anything. This is a true catch-22 legally.

Speeding and assault are not catch-22's, you simply can choose not to do them. Here, you are guilty of a felony if you choose not to dispose of the plastic yet the state has disallowed any transfer that recompenses you for that chunk of plastic. How are those remotely equal?

I never said they were equal. Thomas Paine would point out that you still have a Choice of non compliance. My argument is that this is exactly the sort of situation the Founders were afraid of and attempted to protect against.

This is a trial run. Craft interpretations which give law abiding citizens no choice other than noon compliance (and no legal path to keeping their property) then use it as a framework when it succeeds for other such taking.

Yes, 100%, there should be ladder membership with some discounts and various levels of memberships, your basic coupon strategy. May be they can run promotion on membership 50% off, to sign up my skinflint friends. Discount on family members.

As shooters, we should actively seek other people who are not members and recruit them, shamelessly. I brought this topic up a few pages ago and it's great to revive it. There are many ways that we can strive for greater membership numbers.

As to lists, I really doubt that anyone is not on some list anymore. If you are not being contacted means that your business isn't wanted.

Is GOAL a 501C3? I don’t remember if I was able to deduct my membership (got a multi-year membership a couple of years ago). I have two employees and both they and their husbands have their MA Class A. Have talked to them in the past about joining but overcoming inertia hasn’t happened yet plus I really don’t want to strong-arm them; one is a young couple who just bought their first house.

That being said, I have no problem encouraging them or even paying for it unless it’s deductible then I’ll tell them to do it and I’ll offer to reimburse. Also I saw individual and family memberships, are family memberships as valuable to Member count as individual? Thanks.

Is GOAL a 501C3? I don’t remember if I was able to deduct my membership (got a multi-year membership a couple of years ago). I have two employees and both they and their husbands have their MA Class A. Have talked to them in the past about joining but overcoming inertia hasn’t happened yet plus I really don’t want to strong-arm them; one is a young couple who just bought their first house.

That being said, I have no problem encouraging them or even paying for it unless it’s deductible then I’ll tell them to do it and I’ll offer to reimburse. Also I saw individual and family memberships, are family memberships as valuable to Member count as individual? Thanks.

I do not believe contributions to GOAL are deductible. But those to COMM2A are. I belong to GOAL and make monthly contributions to COMM2A. COMM2A sends a statement.....

I do not believe contributions to GOAL are deductible. But those to COMM2A are. I belong to GOAL and make monthly contributions to COMM2A. COMM2A sends a statement.....

Yeah, I just did a donation to Comm2A but I don’t like doing monthly recurring donations because they’re impossible to stop.

there's 2 of these threads....i'll post this here too...I want the AG to send a swat team to my place looking for a bump stock I don't own ;)

there's 2 of these threads....i'll post this here too...I want the AG to send a swat team to my place looking for a bump stock I don't own ;)

Don’t wish for something like that, I bet they'll find at least 4 felonies if they come through your door.

I just received two identical letters..they sent me one for my ltc and one for my machinegun license....i cant believe we have to pay for this

This is a trial run. Craft interpretations which give law abiding citizens no choice other than noon compliance (and no legal path to keeping their property) then use it as a framework when it succeeds for other such taking.

You give the antis too much credit, this isn't a trial for shit. This is a poorly written, poorly thought out, passed at the 11th hour, type of law where the sole intent was to make a bunch of legistards feel good about themselves. What's the saying... "don't ascribe to malice what can be easily explained by stupidity".

-Mike

You give the antis too much credit, this isn't a trial for shit. This is a poorly written, poorly thought out, passed at the 11th hour, type of law where the sole intent was to make a bunch of legistards feel good about themselves. What's the saying... "don't ascribe to malice what can be easily explained by stupidity".

-Mike
I really want to believe you. But honestly?

"Twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action" is just as valid a counter argument.

Just curious, but are non resident LTC holders receiving these letters as well? I wonder how many notifications went out in total (including multiple letters to the same person/family).

That looks a lot like the bottom of a bird cage. [grin] Good use! I used to tell the Globe & Herald telemarketers back when they called "I don't own a bird, so I have no use for your paper."

My three wastes of money and resources were indeed in the mailbox today. It was VERY frustrating trying to explain them to my wife. She has her LTC "just in case" and is not at all knowledgeable on regulatory aspects such as this. She couldn't understand the law/letter/intent/reasoning for this.

It is a common problem when trying to utilize logic to explain/understand MA firearms laws.

That looks a lot like the bottom of a bird cage. [grin] Good use! I used to tell the Globe & Herald telemarketers back when they called "I don't own a bird, so I have no use for your paper."

My three wastes of money and resources were indeed in the mailbox today. It was VERY frustrating trying to explain them to my wife. She has her LTC "just in case" and is not at all knowledgeable on regulatory aspects such as this. She couldn't understand the law/letter/intent/reasoning for this.

It is a common problem when trying to utilize logic to explain/understand MA firearms laws.

My GF was all freaked out too. I tried to explain it, she did not get it. I ended up yelling at her, told her the letter is bulls#$%, and we do not nor have we ever had the items mentioned......

Do you have verifiable info Healey will be compelling the surrender of pre-7/20 ARs?
It’s a pattern developing,
Upside for Maura:In an aftermath of an incident,strike fast with an edict,better still legislation. Benefit = free face time on media, campaign funds,votes.

Downside : one of these stunts will go too far, and she will go down in flames much like shut down crying chucky Schumer.

Well I feel lucky. received mine today here in NH so do I need to make an appointment with your AG to turn all illegal items in?:)

Back
Top Bottom