• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Full auto Glock parts

You can't open priority mail without a warrant.
Are you implying that first class mail can be opened without a warrant?

If these particular ones came from China, no warrant would be required for a customs inspection.

His fault for not seasoning the package - leaving it unopened, with a hand written note on the address "unordered - delivery refused" and storing if that way for a week or so.

But, LEO can get a mail cover without a warrant.

Are you implying that first class mail can be opened without a warrant?

If these particular ones came from China, no warrant would be required for a customs inspection.

His fault for not seasoning the package - leaving it unopened, with a hand written note on the address "unordered - delivery refused" and storing if that way for a week or so.

But, LEO can get a mail cover without a warrant.

As usual, you're right on both counts, first class mail is also protected against search, and also customs inspection of all mail.

A couple of interesting things to ponder:

1. Is it constructive possession if one has one of these giggle switches on an Airsoft Glock stored in a gun safe with a real Glock that has not had the switch installed? I suggest that looking at US v. Thompson Center Arms, in which SCOTUS determined that possession of Thompson components sufficient to assemble as an SBR were not NFA items unless thusly assembled, because the other parts were assembled into legal guns. To rule against an Airsoft user, even one that owns a Glock, on this would require liberal application of the cuz guns doctrine.

2. The ATF has banned additional sale of certain open bolt guns (older models UZI, older Kimber 22LRs) because they can be readily converted to full auto. With all the publicity about Glock switches, it's now common knowledge that converting a Glock is even easier. Are the feds going to require design changes to make full autoization of such guns more difficule?

They got two more...

"Illegal Gun Ring Broken Up, 2 Arrested: Gilroy Police

The SWAT team was brought out Thursday on high-risk search warrants to seize illegal guns and apprehend two suspects running gun operation

GILROY, CA — Two Gilroy men were arrested on suspicion of possessing illegal firearms, the police department reported Thursday.

Multiple search warrants were served in Gilroy for various firearm violations after detectives discovered illegal gun parts were ordered from out of the country and delivered to residences in Gilroy. The parts include small device "switches" that can easily be installed on a Glock handgun, thus converting the semi-automatic pistol to a fully automatic gun. When these are installed on a Glock, one trigger pull will fire all of the rounds in the magazine until the magazine is empty.

Abdulrahman Mohamad Abdulrahman, 24, was taken into custody from a residence on the 7200 block of Princeton Place for accusations of possession of a fully-automatic, short-barreled AR-15, several firearms with missing serial numbers, along with a fully automatic Glock switch.

Nathan Lewis, 25, was also apprehended on the 9200 block of Kern Avenue for allegedly possessing four fully-automatic Glock switches and a stolen handgun"

Illegal Gun Ring Broken Up, 2 Arrested: Gilroy Police

1. Is it constructive possession if one has one of these giggle switches on an Airsoft Glock stored in a gun safe with a real Glock that has not had the switch installed? I suggest that looking at US v. Thompson Center Arms, in which SCOTUS determined that possession of Thompson components sufficient to assemble as an SBR were not NFA items unless thusly assembled, because the other parts were assembled into legal guns. To rule against an Airsoft user, even one that owns a Glock, on this would require liberal application of the cuz guns doctrine.

2. The ATF has banned additional sale of certain open bolt guns (older models UZI, older Kimber 22LRs) because they can be readily converted to full auto. With all the publicity about Glock switches, it's now common knowledge that converting a Glock is even easier. Are the feds going to require design changes to make full autoization of such guns more difficule?

Does it matter if the switch is on an Airsoft gun or not?

I thought the ATF classified the Glock switch as an NFA item (like a DIAS, and Lightning Links), regardless of what it's being used on?

Does it matter if the switch is on an Airsoft gun or not?

I thought the ATF classified the Glock switch as an NFA item (like a DIAS, and Lightning Links), regardless of what it's being used on?

Yes, the switch for the glock is the machine gun. A properly manufactured one is serialized with the manufacturers name and location. A 07 SOT can get 80% versions and complete the manufacturing or make one from scratch

compared to Hi Points, Glocks need a rocket scientist to convert to full auto. ... I am serious, look up the design and see what it takes. This is the white godzilla in the room.

Open bolt guns are extremely simple to modify to full auto, all you have to do is modify the disconnector and then it becomes a full auto only gun. The ease of doing that and that closed bolt guns are more common, accurate, and thus have more reasonable "sporting uses" meant open bolt wasn't going to be allowed.

If we're going to start saying that straight blowbacks and locked breech designs are too simple and easy to convert to full auto, then we're on the way to outright semi-auto bans.

Glocks are so popular now that there's no way they can confiscate them all, way too many out there already and with the 80% lowers having been around so long, it'd be impossible.

Unlike the open bolt guns, these Glock kits don't destroy the disconnector, they just block it from being used and they require a part that must be manufactured to work, which BTW the part itself is considered the machine gun.

What I'm much more interested in is if the blueprints, assembly plans, and 3D printer programs are leaked onto the internet if possession of those will also mean possession of the part, which is a machine gun and a felony or if possession of those prints, plans, and programs is protected under 1st Amendment free speech rights.

Home Depot sells everything you need to make an M1 or M1A automatic and the only tool you need is a pair of scissors

Why bother going to Home Depot? Just go grab your least favorite pair of shoes and the ring off your keychain.

Shoestring Machine Gun
I was thinking the same thing but since I own both of these I figured it was best not to mention it. I should be safe as long as I keep my laces in my shoes and my keys on their rings.

For your ar it is usually the receiver with m16 sear or it’s the DIAS or lightening link.
Either the stripped lower to M16 sear can be registered as an NFA weapon (though not for in-duh-viduals after 1986)

Not the best comparison, most of those guns you mentioned could be modified with almost what already exists in the gun. You're not getting a glock to go FA without adding some parts or doohickeys to it, and cutting into the frame to boot... big difference. The only reason its "even easier" is because of the illegal parts floating around, take that away, and it's a pain in the ass. (unless you're into fabricating parts and so forth, at which point, all of the ATFs prohibitions on anything become 110% moot issue, lol).

-Mike

The glock switches I had =

So ATF came with a IOI officer and a state police detective.

So I had to forfeit the one's I had and the parts to make the the full auto conversions.

So the real issue is not that I had them
the problem is where I got them from China.

But I am sure if you had them as a civilian and not a manufacturer you could be charged with having a post 86 sample unregistered machine gun.

So I said I was going to buy and make more and I asked if thats ok and was told yes just don't buy imported items USA only.

Last edited:
What I'm much more interested in is if the blueprints, assembly plans, and 3D printer programs are leaked onto the internet if possession of those will also mean possession of the part, which is a machine gun and a felony or if possession of those prints, plans, and programs is protected under 1st Amendment free speech rights.
Full-auto blueprints and plans are readily available, there is no limitation under Federal law on possession of human-readable blueprints and assembly plans for firearms.

Every "unregistered machine gun" BATFE raid or Federal prosecution for has been based on possession of physical guns/components.

Full auto and Select fire Glock Kits – Survivalops
Buy the 80% parts and finish the milling yourself. Engrave. File form 2. Go have fun.

Buying complete parts even from someone in the US is a no-go. They would have to be form 3 which requires a law letter or they are discontinuing business. Import is form 6 and essentially is not happening.

As a matter of practicality if they are saying you get form someone in the US, they will let you form 2, that is not strictly legal.

Just buy the 80%s and finish the job. Or get the design and mill from nothing.

Full auto and Select fire Glock Kits – Survivalops
Buy the 80% parts and finish the milling yourself. Engrave. File form 2. Go have fun.

Buying complete parts even from someone in the US is a no-go. They would have to be form 3 which requires a law letter or they are discontinuing business. Import is form 6 and essentially is not happening.

As a matter of practicality if they are saying you get form someone in the US, they will let you form 2, that is not strictly legal.

Just buy the 80%s and finish the job. Or get the design and mill from nothing.

Don't know just going by what they are saying if I bought all the parts from some on line in the US and they were all in pieces and I put it all together and finished it and registered with a form 2 the I would have been fine and would have had no visit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom