• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock 26 Good or Bad

Small and lightweight.I liked mine so much I sold it[smile] Unless you can get one sent from out of state for a normal price,they are nowhere near worth what they are selling for here in MA.The G26 is a good $450 weapon,but a pretty shitty one for $700 +

As far as 9MM,I wouldn't want to be shot with one[wink]

Edit:You are in CT..check out the XD compact and the S&W MP.

I have a G26 and used to carry it. Yep, used to is the word. For whatever reason I could not conceal it properly. It always looked like I had a bulge in the side or back of my pants. Maybe it wasn't as bad as I thought, but to me it just screamed GUN!!!

As far as the gun itself, I never had a problem with it. It functioned flawlessly. I had to put the finger extension on the mags as the flat based mag left my pinky hanging off of the gun and it wasn't comfortable. I have big hands so for me the pinky extension helped out immensly.

I changed my CCW to a Kahr PM9. It's smaller and thinner then the G26 and functions just as good in my opinion. The only difference is that the mag only holds 6 rnds of 9mm instead of 10. I'm not to worried about that. If I need more then one or two rounds in any situation I'm in way over my head and should be looking for a back door to scoot out of.

Also, for me 9mm is a perfectly good round for CCW.

G26

The GLOCK 26 is my choice for CCW. Nobody has ever detected it. It performs just great, and it is accurate. I love it. It is my only handgun.

I evaluated a Kahr but settled on the G26.

They are pretty reliable and slim but the positioning of the
mag release leaves something to be desired- it's not that ergnomic.

And yes, 9mm is enough, if you put the bullets in the
right place. (I reccomend loading it with 124gr +P
GDHPs).

If I could get away with carrying something bigger, though,
I would reccomend the G19 over it, hands down, just about
every time. The G19 is easier for me to operate due to
the extra grip length... and it just seems to point better for
me than a 26 does. And you get another 5 rounds on the
burner, too. This part is pretty subjective, though.
Some people like the G26s frame better than the G19 type frame,
etc.

-Mike

I like GLOCK!! and if it fits you then there is nothing to worry about when buying a GLOCK it should perform perfectly for you for a long time. IMO

I carry a G23 but might get either a snub .38 or a G27 for easier CCW.

I like .40S&W better then 9mm, more power in the same size gun.

Back
Top Bottom