• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gold and silver prices are down

Where are the next supports for the price of silver? If there is a selloff on Monday, where might silver fall to? I’m considering children's Christmas presents if things get ugly.

Where are the next supports for the price of silver? If there is a selloff on Monday, where might silver fall to? I’m considering children's Christmas presents if things get ugly.

$18.50 is major support. If that fails it’s probably $15. Of course you won’t be able to buy physical anywhere near there but silver miners would be the bargain of the century. I don’t think we’ll go below $18.

Black arrows are silver support and resistance.

6C569305-28DD-4BD2-8002-93B9CCB9B41F.jpeg

These are cool, seem to be original coins and not restrikes. Might buy some if we get a cash back deal. As is they’re $200 Over spot.

Silver Prices are low at this time. Not super Low, but best prices in a while...
$23.51 per coin + Tax
Sale Price - Roll of 20 - 2022 1 oz Austrian Silver Philharmonic Coin BU (Lot, | eBay

View attachment 655225
Thanks. I picked up a couple of rolls.
Buying two rolls (23.355/oz) is cheaper per oz than what's available from the online PM vendors right now

Showing results for the cheapest 1 oz Silver Coins​

Silver Spot Price: $19.18 per ounce
Product Bullion product nameDealer Dealer NameP/oz over Spot Premium amount over silver spot per ounce. When searching fractional ounce items, per item price over spot is shown in parenthesesLowest Price Cheapest price available from the dealer shown
2022 Canadian Silver Maple Leaf 1 oz CoinMonument Metals
Free Shipping @ $199
(+22.21%)
$23.44
2022 Austria Philharmonic 1 oz Silver CoinBGASC4.47
(+23.31%)
$23.65
2022 Great Britain Britannia 1 oz Silver CoinBGASC4.72
(+24.61%)
$23.90
2022 1 oz Silver Krugerrand South AfricaBOLD Precious Metals
Free Shipping @ $199
(+24.77%)
$23.93

Thanks. I picked up a couple of rolls.
Buying two rolls (23.355/oz) is cheaper per oz than what's available from the online PM vendors right now

Showing results for the cheapest 1 oz Silver Coins​

Product Bullion product nameDealer Dealer NameP/oz over Spot Premium amount over silver spot per ounce. When searching fractional ounce items, per item price over spot is shown in parenthesesLowest Price Cheapest price available from the dealer shown
Silver Spot Price: $19.18 per ounce
2022 Canadian Silver Maple Leaf 1 oz CoinMonument Metals
Free Shipping @ $199
(+22.21%)
$23.44
2022 Austria Philharmonic 1 oz Silver CoinBGASC4.47
(+23.31%)
$23.65
2022 Great Britain Britannia 1 oz Silver CoinBGASC4.72
(+24.61%)
$23.90
2022 1 oz Silver Krugerrand South AfricaBOLD Precious Metals
Free Shipping @ $199
(+24.77%)
$23.93
I’m a fan of the maple leafs - gold and silver. Typically very good prices compared to eagles, and very familiar to US buyers.

Went to a large flea market in central mass this weekend. There’s at least two dealers who are regulars there with decent inventory. I hadn’t been since May but went this past weekend and there was only one dealer with very little at crazy prices. Lots of tables with signs saying “buying gold and silver”. Physical is still hard to find.

Not much on a few but for the big boys I bet it does. I suck at math but what is the formula 0.0009 x $23/coin = $0.0207/coin or $20,700 for a million coins? Or is my math off?

Not sure this is what you mean but the two coins have the same amount of silver, one has slightly more weight.

Need to buy my yearly gold.... This one will sting the pocketbook.

Looking at 2022 Gibraltar

Or Barbados

Gold is gold....best deal I can find out there right now!

• .9802 oz actual Gold content
$1,756.48 at time of posting

Last edited:
I'd buy Christmas presents today if I saw great deals but what I think I'm seeing is dealers trying sell at current prices. As though they believe that prices will continue to decline. I'm not chasing any coins or PMs right now. I think the buyer is in the drivers seat right now. I'm waiting for the right deals.

Funny Observation about Ebay Precious Metals Dealers...

So, now that Silver SPOT is below $18 bucks, I see a lot of the Major Metals Dealers have pulled their Philharmonic offerings. (at least for rolls)

D & B Coins, Bullion Exchange, MetalsMart all gone, and I was watching posted inventory. They all had more in stock than their link showed as "Sold"

Only one still in the game is Liberty Coin @ $466.55/roll. Bullion Exchange was showing rolls at $457

ASE's and Maples remain much higher than SPOT compared to the Phils.

So, now that Silver SPOT is below $18 bucks, I see a lot of the Major Metals Dealers have pulled their Philharmonic offerings. (at least for rolls)

D & B Coins, Bullion Exchange, MetalsMart all gone, and I was watching posted inventory. They all had more in stock than their link showed as "Sold"

Only one still in the game is Liberty Coin @ $466.55/roll. Bullion Exchange was showing rolls at $457

Pre-sale

Usually supply of retail PMs disappears when spot is low. Could be they share inventory with the retail store or they pull the ads when worried about supply.

Usually supply of retail PMs disappears when spot is low. Could be they share inventory with the retail store or they pull the ads when worried about supply.
Good point. I did not account for their brick & mortar...

Back
Top Bottom