Gold and silver prices are down

GDX and GDXJ hit new lows last week on extreme bearish sentiment so I think we are seeing an oversold bounce.

There's definitely room on the charts to go lower, I think it'll depend on the general stock market. If the S&P500 rolls over and makes new lows, the miners probably will also. That will be good for miners in the long run since nobody is interested in gold and gold miners when the general stock market keeps going up.

When something breaks and the Fed changes their hawkish tone, gold and miners will go ballistic, so you definitely want to be in before that.

A surprise high CPI tomorrow might trigger a selloff in gold since it means the Fed pivot will be further out.

View attachment 661160
Hot CPI with .8% food and .6% core. Down goes gold and everything else. We will be seeing the 75 pts as expected.

Let's say over night the market crashes and loses 20% immediately. Will paper silver and gold rally or go down too with the market.

That would be a liquidity crisis and gold and silver would sell off big as margin calls force traders to sell whatever they have. Buying opportunity if it happens but I don’t think it will. This seems more like a traditional death by a thousand cuts bear market.

Interesting - that has a mix of junior and senior miners, and even warrants. I own quite of a few of their holdings (Wesdome, ODV, Sibanye, Silvercrest, I80 Gold, Bear Creek Mining).
A very non-traditional fund. Some shite like NuLegacy and interesting holdings like the British Pound. Lol.

Today was the first day of the Fed balance sheet reduction doubling to $60 billion in Treasuries and $30? billion in mortgage-backed securities.

Good buy for senior producers now?

Miners and silver were cheaper two weeks ago and seem to be holding up despite gold breaking to a new low. That’s indicating they may have bottomed two weeks ago. Silver holding up around $19 is a good sign.

Futures market can drive gold to $1600 but the miners look sold out. The risk is if the S&p500 goes into a tailspin that might bring new selling in miners. But the 4% drop this week didn’t hurt miners much.

Back
Top Bottom