Gold and silver prices are down

I have not. They are Mass based, so if you are a Mass resident and purchasing less than $1000 you will be charged sales tax. I have purchased from APMEX, MCM, and BullionExchanges.com
OK thanks. Good to know. I've been doing business Apmex and MCM exclusively these days. I don't see any deals that compare from either as of now. It's a wait-and-see.

I read that they are Coins N Things, some huge dealer based in Boston. Supposed to be very legit. Just remember it's MA taxable under $1000.
That's only if you're a mass resident buying from mass dealer correct ?I've been buying from apmex MCM etc. and haven't been hit with any sales tax.

Anyone ever deal with Bay Precious metals before? Looks like good feedback. I'm debating jumping on this.

I have not. They are Mass based, so if you are a Mass resident and purchasing less than $1000 you will be charged sales tax. I have purchased from APMEX, MCM, and BullionExchanges.com

I emailed them on eBay and they confirmed this:

Good Morning,
We are located in Massachusetts
therefore we are required to charge sales tax on Massachusetts orders under
$1,000.
Regards,
Mary

I emailed them on eBay and they confirmed this:
Thanks for checking on that. I still may use them if I buy a bunch of silver or an ounce of gold. I'll keep them on my radar. You wouldn't happen to know where in mass they are located and if they have a retail location?

Thanks for checking on that. I still may use them if I buy a bunch of silver or an ounce of gold. I'll keep them on my radar. You wouldn't happen to know where in mass they are located and if they have a retail location?

I think they are at 350 Bedford St, Bridgewater, MA 02324. Their faq on ebay says they ship from Bridgewater. Not sure if they have a storefront.

I think they are at 350 Bedford St, Bridgewater, MA 02324. Their faq on ebay says they ship from Bridgewater. Not sure if they have a storefront.
Thanks. Not close enough to me to make it worthwhile. I'll be sticking to the interwebz. Lol.

They have a storefront, they are the largest seller of gold to the US Treasury, according to this article.

http://www.bloomberg.com/bw/magazine/the-family-that-sells-gold-to-the-government-11032011.html

- - - Updated - - -

So the Fed meeting is Thursday, and I think there's a chance gold and maybe silver will bottom before this meeting. Cause once the Fed announces no rate increase, gold will probably rally. It should eventually be obvious to everyone the Fed will never raise rates, but you never know, the media keep saying it's 50/50, lol.

Help, please, from some of you experienced guys...

I tried to make a purchase from Bay Precious Metals, but I couldn't do it the way I wanted. I want to accept the shipment where I work, but this is in their FAQs:

Q: Can I have my order delivered to an address other than the address on my PayPal account?

A: For your protection and ours, we only ship to the address associated with your PayPal account and requests to ship to a different address will not be honored.

Even though I changed my address on PayPal, my order was cancelled. Maybe because it doesn't match the billing address of the credit card I was using. I assume I could avoid that problem in the future by putting sufficient funds into PayPal prior to making a purchase and not use a credit card at all?

Do all the big precious metal dealers on eBay use PayPal for their transactions and have the same policy? APMEX doesn't seem to have an FAQ in their eBay store, so I don't know if they'll ship to a different address, but I haven't looked beyond that.

Any suggestions on the best way to buy PMs on eBay and not have to stay home from work to receive the package?

I tried to make a purchase from Bay Precious Metals, but I couldn't do it the way I wanted. I want to accept the shipment where I work, but this is in their FAQs:

Even though I changed my address on PayPal, my order was cancelled. Maybe because it doesn't match the billing address of the credit card I was using. I assume I could avoid that problem in the future by putting sufficient funds into PayPal prior to making a purchase and not use a credit card at all?

Do all the big precious metal dealers on eBay use PayPal for their transactions and have the same policy? APMEX doesn't seem to have an FAQ in their eBay store, so I don't know if they'll ship to a different address, but I haven't looked beyond that.

Any suggestions on the best way to buy PMs on eBay and not have to stay home from work to receive the package?

I guess it depends on the size of your order, but all of my ebay orders have just ended up in my mailbox. I have never ordered more than 10 ounces of silver at a pop from ebay.

In ordering from JM Bullion, I have had up to 20 ounces of silver just go into the mailbox, but 30 ounces require a signature.

See if they can request a hold at the shipper's destination terminal. Then you can go there and sign for it. Inconvenient? Yes, but I assume your doing this to reduce the risk of theft. The easiest would be your local Post Office, if they use them.

You don't have to stay home, they will leave a slip and you pick it up yourself at the post office. They won't leave packages over a certain amount, maybe $400?

i.e. I know they will leave a $350 package of silver but not a $700 package of silver.

Silver related, but off topic- guy makes a ring out of a Morgan silver dollar. Ive never heard of making rings from coins but apparently its a thing. Pretty cool process, imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up the maple leaf. With the eBay bucks it seemed like a decent deal. We'll see what happens today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom