Guide to gun rights in your Massachusetts town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yarmouth- Green. Current Chief may be retiring soon though. I lived in this town when I first got my LTC ALP, applied for it on my 21st birthday and two weeks later it was in my mailbox, no questions asked. (this was pre-9/11 of course, and when I re-newed in another town on Cape Cod a few years ago, it took nearly 4 months for the renewal to arrive.)

I thought Charlton was RED. Did they change chiefs since?

Coyote33,
I believe it has been the same cheif since I have lived in town (4-5 years), but don't quote me on that. I am not sure when/if there was a change. I applied on November 27th of last year and just got it yesterday (given the holiday and what I had heard w/ regard to backlog I was surprised it came that early). My wife applied 4-5 years ago and had no issues. We both listed "all lawfull purposes" as reason.
I was actually surprised/worried when I re-found this forum last week and saw Charlton listed as black as I thought I had seen it here a while back as green (but may be just my memory failing). Have others had issues?

After 3 weeks and 1 day, my LTC-A NO RESTRICTIONS came in the mail today! If you could only see the retarded smile on my face right now... [smile]

Burlington: GREEN

I can hear the sound of a giant vacuum Hoovering the cash out of your wallet even as I type...

Conga-Rats, by the way!

congarats.gif

Fall River

That's why I was asking, in the past I have heard that an LTC Class A/ALP was not going to happen in Fall River, and have seen the same on other sites. I see the map/list here is GREEN just wondering if something has changed?

Last edited:
I don’t think Fall River should be green. It should probably be red they give out hunting and target restrictions for most first time applicants (according to the detective in charge, my own experience, and a good friend of mine who is on the job) unless you can demonstrate a real need for all lawful purposes.

Brian

Got my LTC-A in Millis without any real difficulties in September of '07. They were friendly and had no problem issuing me an unrestricted license.

Wenham is a green with ALP, no questions asked as of May 2007.

Also a bunch of great guys in that Dept. to boot.

Last edited:
I just got a ltc class a target and hunting in plainville. When i asked about the restictions the woman said if you want to ccw that is what class a is. If i see some where in writing that i cant ccw bring it in and show her.

I just got a ltc class a target and hunting in plainville. When i asked about the restictions the woman said if you want to ccw that is what class a is. If i see some where in writing that i cant ccw bring it in and show her.

yeah, she doesnt know what she is talking about, thats just stupid of her. Only Class A "restrictions: none" allows you to CCW

Smitty1 - I just sent you a private message about Plainville, will give you a little insight.

regarding previous question to the color of the City of Attleboro: It is definitely green. My friend got his LTC-A restrictions: none and he had a few arrests as well as appearing in front of a jury once in his life. I believe he appeared for a DUI and was acquitted.

Norwood has been very decent - Lt. there quite helpful. Generally Restricted to Hunting and Target tho.

I just got a ltc class a target and hunting in plainville. When i asked about the restictions [sic] the woman said if you want to ccw that is what class a is. If i see some where in writing that i cant ccw bring it in and show her.

What part of "restictions" do you - and "the woman" - NOT comprehend? [rolleyes]

The subject has been addressed here in detail, should you bother to check.

What part of "restictions" do you - and "the woman" - NOT comprehend? [rolleyes]

The subject has been addressed here in detail, should you bother to check.
Which is "Scrivenerese" for "that woman has absolutely no idea what she's talking about; you can't carry with that permit, and you should have known this because we've talked this to death already".

Seriously, Smitty1, that woman doesn't have a clue. "Hunting and target" are RESTRICTIONS - and that's what your license is restricted to. Don't carry with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom