Guide to gun rights in your Massachusetts town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bold Green usually Issue "Class A" "All Lawful Purposes"

Bold Red May Issue and/or are difficult to obtain a "Class A" "All Lawful Purposes" usually give out restricted such as "Sport and Target"

Cities in Bold Black are almost Impossible or impossible to Obtain a "Class A" usually issue a "Class B" or "FID"
Note the definitions from the very first post.

For example, "Green" and "Red" do NOT indicate the predominate political party in said towns.[grin]

I'm confused, sorry don't want to hijack but I'm in Ca. and don't understand.
In Ma. you have to have a permit to BUY a gun?

Yes, an LTC-A or B for handguns (A means high capacity guns are allowed, B means they arent, or an FID if you just want rifles and shotguns (but seriously, no point in going for jsut an FID unless you are under 21. Also, you cant have rifles and shotguns that can load over a certain number of rounds with an FID, but you can with at least an LTC-B)

Yes, an LTC-A or B for handguns (A means high capacity guns are allowed, B means they arent, or an FID if you just want rifles and shotguns (but seriously, no point in going for jsut an FID unless you are under 21. Also, you cant have rifles and shotguns that can load over a certain number of rounds with an FID, but you can with at least an LTC-B)

Okay, guess I won't be moving back there any time soon. Only time we have to file with the police out here is if we want a CCW.

Haverhill is GREEN

Haverhill is GREEN

Got my class A in less than a month, issuing detective is a great guy too - big boxing fan.

I did my renewal today in West Newbury. It was quick, the woman who helped me was very nice and courteous. The entire process was very easy. No problems renewing my LTC A ALP. I was surprised to see they are on the newer system, completely online with index finger scan, etc. It will be nice to have the newer license style, my old style one doesn't really play nice in my wallet :) So, West Newbury - green!

I really think that uxbridge should be put in green. I'm new at all this but i went down with my f.i.d application for an interview and he basicly told me i was dumb to not get a ltc, and here we are four weeks later with my unrestrickted LTC-A

I really think that uxbridge should be put in green. I'm new at all this but i went down with my f.i.d application for an interview and he basicly told me i was dumb to not get a ltc, and here we are four weeks later with my unrestrickted LTC-A

Welcome aboard. I wish all departments had that attitude.

I am in Medway. I have had an ALP for 15 years. I know of a couple other individuals with the same experiences.

got mine in Billerica no problem Green

My buddy is in Dracut and he has been waiting 65 days so far and they told him no one gets "ALL LAWFUL PURPOSES" everyone gets target/hunting the first time you get your license. Renewals can get no restrictions though

For the admin who updates this, I wrote in about Hudson a while back. I spoke with my buddy who is a cop the other day, and Hudson will issue LTC but Class B only (sporting and target). The chief does not give anyone, except cops Class A. Even families of a cop who have neve had any criminal offense their entire life and have owned guns forever and have had class A (ask me how I know...)

Just some info to add to the list.

I can also confirm Marlborough is Shall issue Class A...no issues here..

I originally got my permit in Everett about 8 or 9 years ago and it took a few months. I did get my LTC A w/no restrictions though so it was worth the wait. They originally told me it would only take a few weeks but it took about 3 1/2 months. It was way longer than it should have been. I'm sure things are different now.

well its been 11 weeks and nothing yet so things haven`t changed here in Everett

(long-time reader, first-time poster, here.)

Is Framingham red or green? It shows up as red in the list at the beginning of this post, but if you go to "Printable View" it's green, and it shows up as green on the map. Also, I couldn't find any replies in the thread indicating it should be red; the one or two entries I saw said it should be green.

Did something change? Member had a bad experience? New CLEO? Etc.?

Oh! Light dawns over Marblehead. It turns *RED* because I used it as a search term, and the search engine uses red as a highlight color. I feel dumb now.

Thank you for your quick reply, and for the welcome.

You may all commence laughing at the clueless n00b. :-/

That's pretty funny. [laugh]

Oh! Light dawns over Marblehead. It turns *RED* because I used it as a search term, and the search engine uses red as a highlight color. I feel dumb now.

Thank you for your quick reply, and for the welcome.

You may all commence laughing at the clueless n00b. :-/
Rivet_42, first off, welcome to NES. Second off, a friend of mine got his first LTC a few years back as ALP, with no problems at all.

And last... I will not laugh at someone who can laugh at himself! I'll laugh with you, though. [laugh]

Woburn??

Anyone with info on Woburn ? I have LTC A-ALP but I dont live in woburn. I have a family member considering the application process...just dont not want to take a safety class for 100.00 and the application fee 100.00 for a a castrated license..any info appreated. e

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom