Guide to gun rights in your Massachusetts town

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the licensing officer in Plainville is telling license holders they can can carry with a restricted license, that IS a big thing. I was told something similar. The only reason I know better is because I happened upon this web site. Others might have taken that bit of misinformation to heart and are headed for a legal mess.

Actually, the definitions of restrictions vary from chief to chief. We've discussed this ad nauseum. The OP just described his experience and indicated he was looking for something to present to the licensing officer to authoritively state ccw was prohibited with a restricted license. If you know of such a document, why don't you point him to it.

He's brand new, show some respect. Once he's been around around awhile, some friendly kidding is cool. But don't speak like that to people you don't know.

As far as listing green towns. Most of the green towns in Mass have less residents than some apartment buildings in Boston. 10 of the 11 most populated cities in Mass. are RED. You could fit the entire population of Peru, Mass. in a Walmart. It doesn't matter if 75% of the towns are green, it matters that 75% of the population is having their 2nd ammendment rights infringed upon.

Knowing which towns are green is interesting and useful if you are able to pick up and move every 6 years. However it doesn't adequately represent the discrimination against firearms and 2nd ammendment enthusiasts.

As far as listing green towns. Most of the green towns in Mass have less residents than some apartment buildings in Boston. 10 of the 11 most populated cities in Mass. are RED. You could fit the entire population of Peru, Mass. in a Walmart. It doesn't matter if 75% of the towns are green, it matters that 75% of the population is having their 2nd ammendment rights infringed upon.

Knowing which towns are green is interesting and useful if you are able to pick up and move every 6 years. However it doesn't adequately represent the discrimination against firearms and 2nd ammendment enthusiasts.

+1 Wayne. Well said!

I must have missed the part where Smitty said that he believed the crap that the woman was spewing.

Try the OP:

When i asked about the restictions the woman said if you want to ccw that is what class a is.

If he knew what "restriction" meant, he would not have asked "the woman." Or us.

He would simply have stated that the Plainville PD has an incompetent spewing misinformation to licensees and applicants. He would have been right.

QED

Try the OP:

If he knew what "restriction" meant, he would not have asked "the woman." Or us.

He would simply have stated that the Plainville PD has an incompetent spewing misinformation to licensees and applicants. He would have been right.

QED

good lord, give it up (nevermind the fact that you are twisting the OPs words!!)

Try the OP:

QED

The question I asked the woman was, "why do I have restrictions?"
I know what restrictions are. I was making a statement. I never asked a question on this forum.

Westwood is a Bold Red.....they are great about giving FID and LTCs but usualy give a Sporting restriction to new LTCs and say that if all goes well they will grant unrestricted when you renew. Besides that i had no problem at all getting my First FID and LTC in the town.

In six years!?!!?!? That is complete BS! This forum is addictive, but depressing at times.

In six years!?!!?!? That is complete BS! This forum is addictive, but depressing at times.

All in all, Westwood could be worse it kills me to say.

Somebody is posting about a town shoving LTC-Bs up everybody's butts. Peabody or Salem maybe, I don't know.

Westwood has a good size population. Thats why a green town of 500 in western mass does not balance with a red town of 15,000 in eastern Mass. And too much of eastern mass is red.

I was wondering about Randolph and Braintree because I travel through there frequently. Especially Randolph, that borders Brockton and is becoming quite nasty.

All in all, Westwood could be worse it kills me to say.

Somebody is posting about a town shoving LTC-Bs up everybody's butts. Peabody or Salem maybe, I don't know.

Westwood has a good size population. Thats why a green town of 500 in western mass does not balance with a red town of 15,000 in eastern Mass. And too much of eastern mass is red.

I was wondering about Randolph and Braintree because I travel through there frequently. Especially Randolph, that borders Brockton and is becoming quite nasty.

Peabody & Salem and it's also interesting that atleast one of them was identified as charging more than the law allowed for a license.[frown]

mass_towns.jpg

As of September when I received my LTC-A North Attleboro was very much still green. Application was standard except for they removed the "optional" part of your social security number. No cover letter or letters of reference were asked for or provided.

My wife and I both took the training class with Ted from Northeast Trading, and had a great time while learning a lot... Of course I still trying to get her to fill out the app and take a trip to the station....[rolleyes]

The more I think about it the more absurd it seems that 5 miles away from one town, a COP doesn't give lawful citizens a problem getting an LTC-A. The same people getting a LTC-A in the next town over from a red town can carry in the very same town legally where a lawful citizen that pays his taxes is denied. The laws are pure lunicy and I have to believe whoever made the law and allowed this to happen must have been high on dope!

They already have these ideas, they just haven't figured a manner to implement them![sad]

CCW

I have a friend that worked as a cop in hudson, and just a little feedback. He has told me it is extremely difficult to get a CCW. Very few people, even with crystal clean records get them. Mostly they get Class B, almost never class A. This is just what I am told. I also know Acton gives the Class A out like it is candy.

I have a friend that worked as a cop in hudson, and just a little feedback. He has told me it is extremely difficult to get a CCW. Very few people, even with crystal clean records get them. Mostly they get Class B, almost never class A. This is just what I am told. I also know Acton gives the Class A out like it is candy.

Hudson is listed as GREEN. Anyone with direct Hudson info?

Just received my LTC A no restrictions in Reading. Took just under 4 weeks from date of fingerprinting. First time applicant. I'm thinking they may lean towards green.

I have a friend who applied in Stoneham yesterday. He is a local business owner, no criminal history, and they told him don't expect to get an unrestricted license, the chief usually won't issue those. The officer then went ahead and told him how much it will cost to go to court to fight the restricted license! Incredible!

I lived in Hudson 12 years ago. Would not issue an ALP license back then - target and hunting. I've since moved 1 town over and had an ALP/no restrictions license ever since.

IMHO very much an LE elitist town. They had a gun taken from the PD and discharged. Don't remember the details, but definitely violated the safe storage laws. There were no ramifications. That sure wouldn't have been the case if my gun had been taken :p

You can change Bridgewater to green. I applied at the end of January 08 for a first time Class A LTC ALP. I have had a FID for the last twelve years. I was told chief will not issue Class A the first time. I am waiting to hear back to see if he will approve the Class B. I have found the whole process flawed from the start - hence the GOAL announcemeent regarding the Bridgewater Police Dept.

You can change Bridgewater to green. I applied at the end of January 08 for a first time Class A LTC ALP. I have had a FID for the last twelve years. I was told chief will not issue Class A the first time. I am waiting to hear back to see if he will approve the Class B. I have found the whole process flawed from the start - hence the GOAL announcemeent regarding the Bridgewater Police Dept.

This post is confusing.... first you're saying your applying for an A, then someone tells you that he won't issue A's, and now you're hoping they'll approve a B???? [thinking]

After doing my best to distill your post, it would appear to me that Bridgewater is RED. RED= B ramming, pain in the ass CLEOs, restricted-A's, etc. The only thing worse than what you have described would be them not issuing LTCs at all... but then that'd make it black.

Or, I could be all washed up... if I have your experiences wrong, you might want to untangle those verbal extension cords and get back to us. [grin]

-Mike

When I lived in Hudson, they wouldn't issue anything other than Sport & Target. I have heard anecdotal evidence that they've changed and issue ALPs now, but I can't verify that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom