• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun "Buybacks"

The NES official consensus position is clear: We must fear little old do-gooder church ladies and their absurd "Guy Buybacks." But others elsewhere in the pro-2A community have chosen to take a much more aggressive path against the anti's and it has worked. I say no matter which way you feel about it, let's please not go dissing the other approach when we see that it is working. [thinking]

The NES official consensus position is clear: We must fear little old do-gooder church ladies and their absurd "Guy Buybacks." But others elsewhere in the pro-2A community have chosen to take a much more aggressive path against the anti's and it has worked. I say no matter which way you feel about it, let's please not go dissing the other approach when we see that it is working. [thinking]
How about GET FVCKED!!!

You live up to your screen name.

Yes, the local news did a big story on it, and the newspapers did OpEds bemoaning the use of public "buyback" funds to fund shooting activities. And I was using the non-pedantic-dick version of the word "everyone." I have no doubt that no one in the Temme tribe of Sierra Leone heard about their efforts to subvert the buyback, and probably very few people in Argentina did, either.

ETA: From the Guns Save Life website:

"I serve as GSL’s executive director. On Saturday morning, I and an undisclosed number of my fellow GSL member patriots turned in 23 guns and three pellet guns. Staff at the event mistook one of the pellet guns for a real gun and issued us a total of 24 $100 debit cards and two $10 cards, for a total of $2,420.

The $2,420 marks our second biggest year behind 2012 when we came home with well over $5000 in our biggest haul ever. That event netted us national publicity and gave Chicago’s political leaders a black eye. In fact, they suspended the whole buyback program for at least two years due to fallout from the 2012 event.

Each year that we successfully transact business with the do-gooders in Chicago, we direct our proceeds towards youth shooting programs, including the nation’s longest-running NRA Youth Shooting Camp at Darnall’s GunWorks and Ranges in Bloomington."

What a bunch of fukcing commies, right?
That's pretty cool.

These are the same type of people who would have paid the electric bill to keep Tokyo Rose on the air during WWII.

Some people are just too myopic and will just never learn.
Your analogy is all wrong. It's not even close.

"Some people are just too myopic and will just never learn." I just thank God you are here to show us all The Way and The Light.

I think you guys would probably put the gas in the tank of a person who told you that they're going to run you over. [thumbsup]
In real life,
on 22-Aug'14 I blew off a young couple
working the "give us money - we're out of gas" scam
at the Valero on US 13 just south of Dover, DE.

I'd spent all my "con man money"
on ammo at the Gander Mountain in Salisbury, MD.

I then drove the entire length of the New Jersey Turnpike with the ammo.

JI9aM6Gd_400x400.jpg

"A man who came down from New Hampshire dropped off 158 rifles and parts of guns – a full 65 percent of the day’s haul"

It's called doing whatever it takes to survive in the Biden economy. o_O
No, it's called being too stupid to realize how much irreparable damage he is doing to the gun community as a whole by giving credence to a group with an agenda that wants to disarm them.

It's also called being a "sellout", a traitor, and giving aid and comfort to an enemy, etc. etc. In times past, he'd have been summarily executed by being put before a firing squad and shot.

More like hijacking sympathy for Ukraine to increase their haul. Their purchases will go to the smelter.
I read elsewhere that the Public Information Officer says the PD's Property Department will send the guns to Ukraine. When questioned about the PD's ability export firearms from US to Ukraine, the PIO said "let me get back to you on that." So, yes - melted down...

Anybody else hear all those "Vermont Gun Broker" ads? Anybody else wonder where they all go, or who is coming up with the dough?

The Miami farce gets more attention. It seems Ukrainians would be looking for “weapons of war” rather than buyback junk - maybe Miami is sending Ukraine “weapons of a military operation” to not provoke Russia from blocking vacationers traveling to Miami…

I'm not sure that the Ukrainians would be that helped by eventually getting a bunch of guns that Americans were willing to sell for $50-250, even if the shipment is limited to those that the Miami PD decides are "functional."

Anybody else hear all those "Vermont Gun Broker" ads? Anybody else wonder where they all go, or who is coming up with the dough?
He sells them on Gunbroker. From all indications, he is a legit dealer... but one determined to drain every no-longer-wanted gun out of MA that he can. o_O

Somerville had a buy back s this past Saturday. They didn’t post anything on instagram and I didn’t see any news articles so I assume their event was pathetic.

I'm keeping all of my guns but by definition a buy back is only a buy back if they give you what you paid for it OR market value. That ain't happening.

I'm keeping all of my guns but by definition a buy back is only a buy back if they give you what you paid for it OR market value. That ain't happening.
By definition, a buy back is only a buy back if whoever is "buying it back" owned it originally. You can't buy back something you never owned in the first place. It's just a gun surrender. Price/market value has nothing to do with it.

By definition, a buy back is only a buy back if whoever is "buying it back" owned it originally. You can't buy back something you never owned in the first place. It's just a gun surrender. Price/market value has nothing to do with it.
No, not really. But anyways, your silly terminology jiu jitsu matters not - who gives a shit about your wrong definition.

The sellers in these buybacks are idiots, feeding the beast.

No, not really. But anyways, your silly terminology jiu jitsu matters not - who gives a shit about your wrong definition.

The sellers in these buybacks are idiots, feeding the beast.
Hey, shithead. His quote said "...by definition a buy back is only a buy back if they give you what you paid for it..." That's where the definition argument came from.

Words mean things. Like when I press "Ignore" right under your username. That means something.

Hey, shithead. His quote said "...by definition a buy back is only a buy back if they give you what you paid for it..." That's where the definition argument came from.

Words mean things. Like when I press "Ignore" right under your username. That means something.
LOL.

An alternative view: these buy back events are like a binky for a crying baby. They keep them quiet for a period of time at little or no cost. Yes eventually you will have to giver them dinner but it postpones you having to deal with that for a while.

Similarly antis will still push for unconstitutional legislation, campaign for anti politicians, and do all the stupid things antis do. These events can be a distraction and consumer of $$$ & mindshare on things that can really hurt us.

An alternative view: these buy back events are like a binky for a crying baby. They keep them quiet for a period of time at little or no cost. Yes eventually you will have to giver them dinner but it postpones you having to deal with that for a while.

Similarly antis will still push for unconstitutional legislation, campaign for anti politicians, and do all the stupid things antis do. These events can be a distraction and consumer of $$$ & mindshare on things that can really hurt us.
The buy backs lend credence to the antis position - they see it as gun owners know that they should get rid of guns since they drop them off for a fraction of their value.
There are only two ways of dealing with them
1 - don't interact at all
2 - troll with hundreds of home Depot shotguns and use the funds to very publicly support youth shooting

2 is preferred but not always possible

What an absolute fvcking load of horse shit!!!

Back
Top Bottom