Gun Violence report in the hands of DeLeo

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's going to be a nightmare to figure out.

The issuing agency (or whomever), is going to have to find out when the penalties for certain misdemeanors went from less than one year to one year or more.

One big "got'cha" is going to be for people with pre 5/27/94 DUI's.

What was the max potential penalty on 5/26/94?

Was it one year, less?

What if you got the DUI in 1970?

What was the penalty then?

Does "Ex post facto" figure in here. They should not be able to deny you if you already have your LTC but they could probably look back for new applications. I just don't know.

Were any of you guys ever in a frat?

https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartIV/TitleI/Chapter269/Section17
Whoever is a principal organizer or participant in the crime of hazing, as defined herein, shall be punished by a fine of not more than three thousand dollars or by imprisonment in a house of correction for not more than one year, or both such fine and imprisonment.

Or fudge an entry in a hazmat logbook?

https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleII/Chapter21A/Section19J

Last edited:
Channel 22 just announced that renewers will be required to submit a list of all guns owned. If this becomes the case, all of my required records will henceforth be written in Mandarin on rice paper in squirrel-bile ink and submitted in a frozen block of rat piss.

They can bit me, I'll give them only the rat piss.

Rosenthal won't be able to claim he's a gun owner any longer.

THATS CORRECT! Johnny spent several weeks in Jail when he was a Youth. Lets see how he addresses that and why the hell disldnt GOAL bring it up when they had the camera on them...geesh what a missed ball.

Sent from the blind

I think this is one of the biggest issues.

term more than one year.

I will tell you there are not many crimes that are one year or less.
MOST ARE MORE THAN ONE YEAR.
I will try to make a list, but this will only be current laws. Will be very hard
Trying to find old penalties.

Also very easy to tell max sentence it is usually the amount of time
You are placed on probation. So they just look at your crim record!

Last edited:
Channel 22 just announced that renewers will be required to submit a list of all guns owned. If this becomes the case, all of my required records will henceforth be written in Mandarin on rice paper in squirrel-bile ink and submitted in a frozen block of rat piss.
The committee recomendations had that. The bill require you to certify that you've not lost or had any guns stolen: Section 22
The form for renewal shall include an affidavit whereby the applicant shall verify that the applicant has not lost any firearms or had any firearms stolen from the applicant’s possession since the date of the applicant’s last renewal or issuance.

THATS CORRECT! Johnny spent several weeks in Jail when he was a Youth. Lets see how he addresses that and why the hell disldnt GOAL bring it up when they had the camera on them...geesh what a missed ball.

Sent from the blind

Cause development
He [Rosenthal] was arrested protesting outside the Seabrook nuclear power plant in New Hampshire in 1977. Rosen*thal spent two weeks in jail, and then went back for another three weeks, rather than pay a $100 fine.

I think this is one of the biggest issues.

term more than one year.

I will tell you there are not many crimes that are one year or less.
MOST ARE MORE THAN ONE YEAR.
I will try to make a list, but this will only be current laws. Will be very hard
Trying to find old penalties.

Also very easy to tell max sentence it is usually the amount of time
You are placed on probation. So they just look at your crim record!

I totally agree. I seriously hope this does not get overlooked. This will severely impact the number of licensed gun owners in this state. I would think this proposal would affect many LEOs as well.

Does anyone know what the punishment for DUI was in 1994 right before MA changed it to 2 1/2 years? This will affect many people.

Have fun with all this hysteria, I'm not too concerned regardless. Every time these meathead moonbats come up with something new I usually find a hole a bus can be driven through. It's really kind of hilarious.

-Mike
I think your wrong. This shit is real and coming soon

Now this is some disturbing stuff. Not one addresses strewt violence and only further expands the web of laws in Mass for gun owners.

Increases the penalty for carrying a firearm on school grounds and makes the offense a*statutory right of arrest;**Requires schools to develop plans to address the mental health needs of their students;**Establishes a special commission to make recommendations regarding school emergency*response plans;**Requires schools to have two-way communication devices for specific use with police*and fire officials;*Establishes a special commission to study and report on mental, emotional and behavioral*health in public schools.**The legislation includes numerous provisions to increase accountability and oversight for*firearms dealers and gun owners:*Increases the fine for failure to report a lost or stolen firearm;**Requires applicants renewing their licenses or FID cards to verify that they have not lost*any firearms or had any firearms stolen since the applicant’s last renewal or issuance;**Establishes a criminal penalty for gun dealers who fail to report a lost or stolen weapon;**Requires gun dealers to obtain criminal offender record information (CORI) prior to*hiring new employees;*Mandates that all secondary market gun sales take place at a location operated by a*licensed firearm dealer and requires the dealer to submit specific information to DCJIS
Eliminates Class B licenses. All licenses to carry will now have the same conditions and*restrictions;**Improves administrative efficiencies for license and FID renewals;*Increases penalties for improper storage of a firearm, rifle or shotgun; *Develops standardized curriculum for gun safety training;*Establishes stricter certification process for firearms safety instructor;Creates sanctions for carrying a firearm while intoxicated.*

Sent from the blind

OK, so what exactly in the bill has to do with "gun safety"? Can someone point that out for me?

Total horsshit indeed. I can't believe we pay these morons to compose such a lengthy piece of crap.

I've been reading this cluster f over and there was a part about if your LTC is revoked or not renewed you need to tell the state what you have now or sold. If you move out of state that means that you lose you ma ltc and then you need to submit what firearms you have or had. is that everyones reading?

Increases the penalty for carrying a firearm on school grounds and makes the offense a*statutory right of arrest;**Requires schools to develop plans to address the mental health needs of their students;**Establishes a special commission to make recommendations regarding school emergency*response plans;**Requires schools to have two-way communication devices for specific use with police*and fire officials;*Establishes a special commission to study and report on mental, emotional and behavioral*health in public schools.**The legislation includes numerous provisions to increase accountability and oversight for

Yeah, all this is really a comprehensive "gun safety" reform. It's unbelievable, really.
And with all due respect to GOAL (and I am a member) - "lets discuss" approach will get us nothing.

They are purposely trying to prohibit people right out of the gate. There could be hundreds of people who will lose their LTC's in MA for life.

That's going to be a nightmare to figure out.

The issuing agency (or whomever), is going to have to find out when the penalties for certain misdemeanors went from less than one year to one year or more.

One big "got'cha" is going to be for people with pre 5/27/94 DUI's.

What was the max potential penalty on 5/26/94?

Was it one year, less?

What if you got the DUI in 1970?

What was the penalty then?

I am not a Lawyer, but this has bugged me since they started looking back and changing the rules of punishment. And now this bill clearly violates the 5th amendment in terms of double jeopardy.

And I don't want them playing semantics with the law either.

If you were not a candidate to lose your gun rights on a past case, and you paid your fine and moved on, you can not change the law 20,30 50 yrs,,,whatever later and then say we are now taking your guns for that violation. How is that not double jeopardy? You are being tried twice for the same violation....clearly prohibited by the 5th amendment.

Words can't describe my frustration with this state and these corrupt politicians . Here we are doing the right thing working hard paying the bills and we are the criminal . No deleo you are and your constituents are . No matter how hard we fight I feel like it's always a loosing battle I dunno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom