• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hand Sanitizer

Received this email about shipping times today. 2000 orders a day to 25000 orders a day would cause an issue in shipping i guess.

We are horribly sorry for the delays. We realize that we are taking a long time to ship orders and wanted to follow up again with some updates. Last month we attempted to regularly update shipping times through email but it seemed each time we did so, it incited panic buying. Every time we increased the shipping times we saw order volume increase drastically. In order to prevent this from happening we took the approach of buckling down and focusing on shipping orders without regular email updates. In retrospect, it may not have been the best approach but we live and learn. We do apologize if this was frustrating for some of our customers.

Please understand that a normal shipping day for us is about 2,000 orders. As a result of the pandemic, we have seen daily order volume peak to almost 25,000 orders in a single day with no warning and the increased order flow has lasted now for almost 2 months. We are seeing unprecedented increases in demand which no company of our size could have been prepared to deal with. Even companies as large as Amazon with all the resources in the world are seeing highly elevated ship times. We projected how much time it would take to ship these orders and for the most part, we are doing pretty well with a couple of exceptions. We have put systems in place to continue to increase order processing so that we could ship orders quicker. Part of this meant segmenting orders by what customers ordered so that we could have different cells that handled various types of orders more efficiently. These cells are split by shipping method, the product ordered, volume ordered, etc. Some of these cells are doing better than others but we are actively working to level out labor to get better. One area that has seen slightly longer delays is gallons of the hand sanitizer spray. We saw extremely high order volume for a few days mid-March which caused this cell to be a bit behind other departments (closer to 3-4 weeks). We are almost through the burst of those spray orders and should be closer to 2-week processing by the end of this weekend for spray. Most other cells are currently right around 2-3 week processing times from when you placed your order.

Please understand that we are doing our very best to update our processing times on the website but this has also been very challenging to get right. In addition to a massive spike in orders that we have never experienced, we are also seeing elevated employee call-offs on a daily basis. Lately, we don’t know how many employees we are going to have show up to work until the day of which makes planning very difficult. We are also working with 4 temporary agencies but have not been able to get consistent temporary labor. We are located in the State of Ohio and right now we are on a “stay at home order” by our Governor. As an essential business, we are allowed to continue operating but this is causing employees to be overly cautious. We are doing our very best to get caught up but are asking all of our customers to continue to be patient. We can assure you that as soon as we are caught up we will fix any and ALL mistakes. We would also like to assure everyone that we do have plenty of Hand Sanitizer in the pipeline. This is not a shortage of product. We simply can’t process and ship the orders as fast as we normally would due to unpredictable staffing levels during this uncertain time.

To reiterate, processing times are roughly 2-4 weeks currently. In some cases, we are printing shipping labels so that we can mass label shipping boxes to expedite the packaging of your order. If you see a shipping label was created with no movement, don't be alarmed. Once it goes on a UPS truck you will get an update that it left our facility. If your order is not 4 weeks old, please do not email for an update. We are doing our very best to answer thousands of emails per day but don't have the staff to keep up with email volume. It may take a couple of days for an email response but we will get to it as quickly as possible.

Once again, we thank you for your patience and are horribly sorry for any inconvenience it is causing our valued customers.

I got my order yesterday; 20 days total. I was actually about to cancel it (figured I'd have to do it via Amex since they're not answering emails) and it arrived. I also ordered from Adam's Polishes; that order arrived much quicker.

Go to the essential liquor store and buy 190* grain if you cant find enough iso or ethyl for your aloe vera gel.

This. It's very easy to make with some 190 proof alcohol, such as Graves 95% grain alcohol. Mix three parts alcohol to one part aloe vera. Stir until evenly thick and put into a sealable container.

I got my order yesterday; 20 days total. I was actually about to cancel it (figured I'd have to do it via Amex since they're not answering emails) and it arrived. I also ordered from Adam's Polishes; that order arrived much quicker.

Same here, got my order from Adam's already and ordered same time. Have you tried it yet, reviews say the stuff from the shaving place has a bad odor. The stuff from Adam's wasn't that bad.

I haven't tried it yet. Hopefully it doesn't stink. If it does, I'll probably add a couple drops of some scented oil or something.

Same here, got my order from Adam's already and ordered same time. Have you tried it yet, reviews say the stuff from the shaving place has a bad odor. The stuff from Adam's wasn't that bad.

Received mine today from the shaving place. Regular gel type, smells like you took a giant whiff out of a bottle of vodka with a hangover. I can live with that.

All these people keep saying make your own but you can’t find aloe anywhere either. Have to make do if you have the money.

I didn’t even think of cancelling my order, we already know shipping is f***ed everywhere and very slow, and that it’s a 1/1000 chance you’ll find a store randomly that has sanitizer in stock and even that’s a small amount if you have a family.

Just gotta be patient sometimes in a world where people now expect instant gratification of they have a meltdown. 🤷‍♂️

Received mine today from the shaving place. Regular gel type, smells like you took a giant whiff out of a bottle of vodka with a hangover. I can live with that.

All these people keep saying make your own but you can’t find aloe anywhere either. Have to make do if you have the money.

I didn’t even think of cancelling my order, we already know shipping is f***ed everywhere and very slow, and that it’s a 1/1000 chance you’ll find a store randomly that has sanitizer in stock and even that’s a small amount if you have a family.

Just gotta be patient sometimes in a world where people now expect instant gratification of they have a meltdown. 🤷‍♂️
I can be patient, but that doesn't mean I'm OK with them keeping the $31.95 extra I paid for 2 day shipping, when the sent it 5 day ground. All they had to do to keep me happy was respond with a "yes will update the shipping address, sorry it's taking so long". But Noooooo.
At least it's on the way, with luck I'll actually get it.

I can be patient, but that doesn't mean I'm OK with them keeping the $31.95 extra I paid for 2 day shipping, when the sent it 5 day ground. All they had to do to keep me happy was respond with a "yes will update the shipping address, sorry it's taking so long". But Noooooo.
At least it's on the way, with luck I'll actually get it.

No I’m with you on that one, wasn’t directed at you, more of a general societal theme these days is all.

Last edited:
My brother told me he got a 5 gallon pail from a distillery in Nashua. $150.
Djinn spirits in Nashua.

Last edited:

You can substitute glycerin and water for aloe, it won't be as thick, will be more like a spray.

I made

66% iso
.5% glycerin
.5% chlorhexidine (hibicleanse)
32% water

In a 100ml spray bottle. Doesn't stink or dry out my hands too bad.

You can substitute glycerin and water for aloe, it won't be as thick, will be more like a spray.

I made

66% iso
.5% glycerin
.5% chlorhexidine (hibicleanse)
32% water

In a 100ml spray bottle. Doesn't stink or dry out my hands too bad.

I guess that’s good, if you can also find the alcohol.

Good deal if it’s true. I was under the impression both Amazon and Fleabay had barred selling any sanitizer because of price gauging a while back.
I just tried to add it to my cart and got this...

It was being sold by Amazon, not a 3rd party. Looks to be OOS now. I should have grabbed a second to give to anyone if needed.

Well, I couldn't wait till the Corona was done infecting us all.
My limoncello is done.
It ain't going to make it till those hot summer afternoons we all dream about.
Following that video I posted, it taste very good.
You get three plus litres out of their instructions.
Now off to get another shot!
IMG_0347.JPG

Recent trip in SoNH to Hannaford, MarketBasket, RiteAid, CVS reveals no stock of:
1. Disinfecting Wipes
2. Hand Sanitizer
3. Rubbing Alcohol

"Re-opening" America might be more problematic without what was readily available *before* COVID hit. All the other bacteria and viruses didn't bow out when the COVID virus stepped on stage.

What about wipes?

I like to wipe down all my stuff when I get home (keys, phones etc.) and take a shower before interacting with my wife. I’ve been working in the city since day 1 of this.

I have some stocked up still but am wondering where one can get wipes. The markup from the classic shaving guys is just insane.

Can I just douse some paper towels in hand sanitizer? Probably a stupid question.

Edit: Ordered more sanitizer from Chemical Guys.

Recent trip in SoNH to Hannaford, MarketBasket, RiteAid, CVS reveals no stock of:
1. Disinfecting Wipes
2. Hand Sanitizer
3. Rubbing Alcohol

"Re-opening" America might be more problematic without what was readily available *before* COVID hit. All the other bacteria and viruses didn't bow out when the COVID virus stepped on stage.

Yes, exactly. We use very little hand sanitizer or wipes now, stuck at home, but if we all go back to work, the demand will skyrocket.

Back
Top Bottom