Hand Sanitizer

Received a text message with tracking # just a few minutes ago. Ordered on 4/2.

Mine finally shipped, but is sitting in Spokane WA and not scheduled to arrive til next Wed.

The other place I ordered from (case of 12 300ml bottles) on like 02 MAR has been sitting (allegedly) waiting for pick up from UPS since 14 MAR, according to tracking.

Just got an email from ClassicShaving analogizing for delays, with some explanation as to the cause, and that they are doing all they can to get the shipments out the door, and crediting all buyers rewards accounts with $25 credit for the trouble and not being able to keep up with phone and email.

I got the above email also. I'll put the $ towards a razor. I placed my order on 4/2 as well, but no signs of it being shipped yet.

I got the above email also. I'll put the $ towards a razor. I placed my order on 4/2 as well, but no signs of it being shipped yet.

Absolutely will place an order with them for a razor. I've got a collection of about a dozen vintage Gillette safety razors, and a couple single edge razors. Thinking I might need to add a slant to the mix.

My local BigY has had hand sanitizer on the shelves since the weekend. I picked up two 8oz bottles on Saturday. Went back Tuesday and got two more, Weds the same and this morning the same. It would appear that most other shoppers haven’t figured it out, its not in the standard pump bottles. I almost missed it myself until I took a closer look in the bin, guessing most people just assume there isn’t any and have stopped looking. I was on line yesterday and some poor older woman was there wearing dishwashing gloves and a homemade mask. I flashed her my two bottles and told her which aisle, she went scurrying over to get it. I had plenty already but have been giving it away to people I know in need.

My local BigY has had hand sanitizer on the shelves since the weekend. I picked up two 8oz bottles on Saturday. Went back Tuesday and got two more, Weds the same and this morning the same. It would appear that most other shoppers haven’t figured it out, its not in the standard pump bottles. I almost missed it myself until I took a closer look in the bin, guessing most people just assume there isn’t any and have stopped looking. I was on line yesterday and some poor older woman was there wearing dishwashing gloves and a homemade mask. I flashed her my two bottles and told her which aisle, she went scurrying over to get it. I had plenty already but have been giving it away to people I know in need.

I stopped looking at our Big Y, where are they located?

I know exactly where that is, thanks! My wife laughed at me for checking there a week ago.
Did you verify it has one of the approved ingredients? Alcohol or some alternative?

Ethyl Alcohol, 65% (I checked the CDC website, the min requirements for Ethyl Alcohol is 60%, Isopropyl is 70%). Let us know if you found any.

<edit> $4.59 per bottle btw. Could easily sell it for $25 if I wanted to.

Ethyl Alcohol, 65% (I checked the CDC website, the min requirements for Ethyl Alcohol is 60%, Isopropyl is 70%). Let us know if you found any.

<edit> $4.59 per bottle btw. Could easily sell it for $25 if I wanted to.

They did have it, in the hand sanitizer shelf which is always empty. Seems too liquidy though, I'd rather have the gel like stuff. Picked up a bottle anyway.

They did have it, in the hand sanitizer shelf which is always empty. Seems too liquidy though, I'd rather have the gel like stuff. Picked up a bottle anyway.

I didn't find it to be too liquidy but I hear you, it's not a thick gel like some of the others. Glad you got some.

I didn't find it to be too liquidy but I hear you, it's not a thick gel like some of the others. Glad you got some.

i tried it and yeah, it's thick enough to use, leaves a bit of a slimy feel so I still prefer the Purell stuff but that's hard to find.

This kind Of stuff will be useful when we partially open and we're out a lot more. Good to stock up for that cause demand will go up even more.

Well I got a shipping notice, carrier lists it as ready to pick up, which means all they've done is generate a label.
But this is after a week of sending them email telling them I was moving and they needed to change the address, which they didn't. My last email also said if they couldn't change it then I wanted the order canceled. So as far as I'm concerned the order was canceled and any charge is FRAUD.

I'm sure someone at the apartment building will send it back and not keep it for themselves [laugh]

And since my credit card will helpfully pull back the charge, classicshaving.com will get to eat the entire $189.85

I knew they were price gouging, but I needed it and they said they had it, even paid for 2 day shipping, and they had 2 full weeks to process the order. All they had to to was respond and change an address. Noe I have to spend tomorrow driving around looking for some of those overpriced mini bottles.

Sorry it didn’t work out for you.
Next time, assuming I live through this, I'll have a couple gallons in the closet with my cases of MREs. Anyone know what the shelflife of hand sanatizer is?

As long as the alcohol doesn't evaporate I would assume its OK. Sealed containers would presumably be fine.

my brain is too tired for research to back this up with any fact.

Went today, no sanitizer, I guess people figured it out. Oh well, I got 8 bottles last week to add to the stash so I’m fine. To be honest, if I had to choose one personal PPE item it would be hand sanitizer. Gloves are useless IMO. Masks (unless P95 worn properly) are also fairly useless to the wearer. Effective distancing, sanitizing/hand washing are the single most effective thing you can do to avoid this thing

Went today, no sanitizer, I guess people figured it out. Oh well, I got 8 bottles last week to add to the stash so I’m fine. To be honest, if I had to choose one personal PPE item it would be hand sanitizer. Gloves are useless IMO. Masks (unless P95 worn properly) are also fairly useless to the wearer. Effective distancing, sanitizing/hand washing are the single most effective thing you can do to avoid this thing

Dude, wear a mask, please! They work, don't need the fancy ones. Lot of studies showing they work.

It's easier for the virus to fly straight to your face than go via your hand. :)

Dude, wear a mask, please! They work, don't need the fancy ones. Lot of studies showing they work.

It's easier for the virus to fly straight to your face than go via your hand. :)

I wear a mask, I was just ranking the order of effectiveness IMO. #1 Hand Sanitizer/washing #2 Mask #19 gloves. I have boxes of gloves, I don’t wear them. I have sanitizer on me & clorox wipes in the car but most places now sanitize the carts for you.

How's Wegmans? Forgot about it cause we live 20 min away, is it crowded these days? Costco is a madhouse, staying away from there.
It was a little busy, had to wait outside in line for about 15 mins to get in, but they are one of the few places open until 10pm still. But plenty of stuff in stock.

How's Wegmans? Forgot about it cause we live 20 min away, is it crowded these days? Costco is a madhouse, staying away from there.

My wife tried going to Wegmans yesterday, but the line to get in was too long so she didn't stick around. So she went to Stop & Shop in Bedford, instead, and said that it was pretty empty. She just needed to pick up a couple of things, so paying their 50% up charge on everything wasn't a big deal. :rolleyes: And I agree, Costco...especially the one in Waltham...is a madhouse. Always has been. That's why when I need to go these days, I go to the one in Nashua. It's actually not that much further from where I live anyway. But I usually end up doing most of my bulk shopping at BJ's up there, since it's not nearly as crazy as Costco.

Frank

Back
Top Bottom