Handgun Gloves

I carry my ammo in a tactical fanny pack.

rainbowfanny.jpg

It doesn't look tactical to me

I heard you carried loads in your fanny. don't ask don't tell

Nope, other way around, you are a mall ninja if:

you wear Camo, but it has to be real camo, East German or something cool, none of that realtree crap or Black, head to toe, with a Balaclava

I went to a pistol/carbine course with Fooped about a year and a half ago. When I pulled up, I saw at least two guys wearing balaclavas. I have since refered to it as the tactical a**h*** course.

I have found the Mechanix brand "framers" with index and middle finger half cut to be good all around gloves. They can be found at JobLot stores for 10.00 pair from time to time. I use them for Trap shooting mostly. Golf gloves work well also.

Wookie, that is cool. Have you ever handled anything like that?? Man that's what they need on wall street for the day the stock market implodes.[grin]

Handled, yes - fired, no. I got my hands on it at a gun show in Virginia. The best thing is it can be puled out of the briefcase and used as a regular weapon.

I have found the Mechanix brand "framers" with index and middle finger half cut to be good all around gloves. They can be found at JobLot stores for 10.00 pair from time to time. I use them for Trap shooting mostly. Golf gloves work well also.

That's what I use for trap as well (in the winter anyway).

I wear gloves in the winter and carry, I would think there would be some advantage to train with gloves sometimes. Not when it's 95 degrees out though.

ASHDUMP check your reps.

Just a little up date for all you ass bags who says wearing gloves is for "mall ninjas".

They work!

I used a brand new pair of "tactical" black footjoy golf gloves meant to be worn when raining outside and they feel like an extension of my natural skin. (I used the word tactical for all you mall ninja haters)

Since it was 90 F'n degrees out the other day my hands were sweating like a bastard. These gloves soaked up the sweat and dispersed it out. Worked perfectly and had no impact on my shooting or holster draw. Now, when I took my gloves off I had lost a substantial amount of grip and comfort because of the slipperiness.

Who's a d bag now? Shut my mouth and listen? Listening to someone like you I would never get ahead and always follow. I'm a natural born leader, even if it means wearing gloves when the label, "Mall Ninja" is tossed around.

Last edited:
I'm looking for a pair of good gloves to shoot my new Beretta with. I'm not sure if this is common or not, but I already know I would feel comfortable with gloves while I'm at the range.

Something like this maybe
https://www.gripswell.com/gs33.php

These are to expensive, though what I'm looking for.

I wear glove doing work around the house, golf, hockey, snowboarding, doing labor work. I pretty much use glove all the time except when I'm sleeping. jk[laugh]

Just wondering if anyone can recommend like a kmart brand glove that works good. I think I could use some old golf gloves... but would like a dedicated gloves for the range.

The only way gloves will "work" is if they fit snugly, and I mean snugly. If you find a pair that fit that well, rock on, otherwise they'll have to be custom. If there is any loose material you'll look damned silly getting your glove stuck in the magazine well when you reload.

For years I wore a pair of gloves from GlovesWest (?) that were custom made from a tracing of my hands. I could pick up a dime while wearing them. I wore them while shooting my P7M8 because much as I like the P7 that little bagger gets hot when it is being fired. The gloves protected my finger tips from a burn. But as I said, they fit well and that was the only time I wore gloves.

Matter of fact I was at LFI some years ago and Massad made the following comment: What we have here is a guy wearing BMW racing gloves while firing a German pistol, and right next to him is a German girl firing an Austrian pistol.

Last edited:
Just a little up date for all you ass bags who says wearing gloves is for "mall ninjas".

They work!

I used a brand new pair of "tactical" black footjoy golf gloves meant to be worn when raining outside and they feel like an extension of my natural skin. (I used the word tactical for all you mall ninja haters)

Since it was 90 F'n degrees out the other day my hands were sweating like a bastard. These gloves soaked up the sweat and dispersed it out. Worked perfectly and had no impact on my shooting or holster draw. Now, when I took my gloves off I had lost a substantial amount of grip and comfort because of the slipperiness.

Who's a d bag now? Shut my mouth and listen? Listening to someone like you I would never get ahead and always follow. I'm a natural born leader, even if it means wearing gloves when the label, "Mall Ninja" is tossed around.

I use Pro-grip when I am shooting, it prevents your hands from getting sweaty without looking like a tool, you should give it a try assdump

I use Pro-grip when I am shooting, it prevents your hands from getting sweaty without looking like a tool, you should give it a try assdump

Is that spray glue/lotion, for your hands? [grin] very practical. I wonder if it comes in cherry scent?

Most movie assassins wear gloves. I know that much. But none of the SEALs did in G.I. Jane, so I go gloveless. Every thing i know about tactical warfare I learned from G.I. Jane. I study that masterpiece religiously!

wrong. turn in your GI Jane card you iCarly freak. [laugh]

gloves:

+x to you. OMG.... how did I miss that? The SERE shack torture scenes I have studied in detail. It's how I learned the waterboarding resistance techniques I will need to employ when the godforsaken FEMA camps finally open. If I missed the gloves, what the hell else did I miss? Up all night watching G.I. Jane. AGAIN.

Back
Top Bottom