• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Harvard Sportsmen's Club

Paul, thanks again for coming out to help today I truly appreciate the effort and interest. I’ll get to setting up something to hold repair parts next weekend.
It was my pleasure to help. If any plans for the PRS training you talked about will come along - count me in, i will assist, i would love to participate in that.

The more I read these posts about gun clubs the more I feel thankful for having a backyard range.
well, nothing beats a 1000 acre farmland lot in arizona, but, in MA one got to live with compromises... Stil, the Harvard club is not the place that gives tons of grief, compared to hopkinton and most other places inside of the 495 loop. it`s just too crowded here, everywhere, therefore - limitations.

Stil, the Harvard club is not the place that gives tons of grief, compared to hopkinton and most other places inside of the 495 loop.

Are you talking about Hopkinton Sportsmen’s Club? If so what grief did you experience? I’ve been a member there for a couple of decades and it’s an awesome club with almost no overseeing of your shooting fun. As long as you follow the rules that is.

Are you talking about Hopkinton Sportsmen’s Club? If so what grief did you experience? I’ve been a member there for a couple of decades and it’s an awesome club with almost no overseeing of your shooting fun. As long as you follow the rules that is.
Having participated at both, but only in the last 5 years, I was about to ask the same thing.
Those two clubs along with Springfield Sportsman Club in Monson are probably the three I'd recommend across the state. Don't know enough of the cape town clubs to say anything over there.
I have enjoyed both clubs fairly thoroughly. There are specific rules to each based upon location and the town, but that isn't always the club's fault.

i have no interest of stirring the pot. i can only think that after a couple of decades some certain things simply do not jump to attention anymore and appear to be the norm.

Hopkinton has changed quite a bit over the last decade maybe. I don't think it's as fuddy as it used to be; I've been there many times as a guest and my only complaint is that they don't have target stands.

it was a lot of people in there today on 25/50 line around noon-1pm, i was there with my 10yr old daughter zeroing and shooting new cz 457 - and she had a blast. so happy. a bit chilly but overall great day. wonder if folks who had a party at the end of the 50-yd line are anybody from NES here.

I’m looking to join my first club. HSC sounds like a great place and I’d love to be a part of it, however I don’t know anyone in the shooting community let alone specifically at HSC so sponsorship is an issue. Can any of you help me out? I’m more than willing to meet up so I can explain my intentions, back ground etc.

So, the forecast for tomorrow says rain at 5-7am.
Will the front road be passable for a low sitting sport car, or it’s going to be a mud trap?
Only damn day I got a free morning, but now the damn rain. 😖
How bad the road from the gate to a 50yds range gets?

So, the forecast for tomorrow says rain at 5-7am.
Will the front road be passable for a low sitting sport car, or it’s going to be a mud trap?
Only damn day I got a free morning, but now the damn rain. 😖
How bad the road from the gate to a 50yds range gets?

are you driving a Ferrari with your super model wife?

arw you driving a Ferrari with your super model wife?
huh, ferrari i wish. no.
but, it sits low. it is my track/road build, and a daily driver. wife will take suv to work tomorrow, so, it is what it is.
snow it does fine, but, mud - not so much.
1619571088084.png

ps. car got a 700#/800# springs, so, it is not female compatible. rattles their intestines out. :)

huh, ferrari i wish. no.
but, it sits low. it is my track/road build, and a daily driver. wife will take suv to work tomorrow, so, it is what it is.
snow it does fine, but, mud - not so much.
View attachment 477127

ps. car got a 700#/800# springs, so, it is not female compatible. rattles their intestines out. :)
Should be fine. We've put literal tons of gravel in the road over the last decade to protect members' cars

way to go working the car into the thread. [laugh] what put the gash on the nose? try to drive under the gate?

ps- I particularly admire that car manufacturer [bow]

I've gone there many times in the snow and or rain. The road is very well maintained. You shouldn't have a problem if you stay out of the pits.

way to go working the car into the thread. [laugh] what put the gash on the nose? try to drive under the gate?

ps- I particularly admire that car manufacturer [bow]
Black marks are from the melted track rubber chunks. :) as you follow car in front it sticks to you. it is a pita to take it off, so it stays until there is too much of it.

Your tires look like you might need an alignment :cool:
At that time it was -3.2deg front, -2.8deg rear camber, 335 tire in rear on 12” wide rims, 265 tire in front on 9” rims. To mount normal street tires I have to use spacers. I think on the shot it wears nitto nt01, but not sure, it is an old shot. I reduced camber since then by 0.5deg to save street tires.
A 9” wide 18” rims is a limit that fits in front unless you are ready to cut the fenders.

Last edited:
There is a member who drives a Ferrari to the range quit often. He may or may not have sponsored me to join the club! He may even be a wayward member of NES.

Last edited:
Should be fine. We've put literal tons of gravel in the road over the last decade to protect members' cars
there were some puddles but road was indeed in an excellent shape.

also, 100yds range got all 3 steel pieces on - i guess thx to Mark. I got my new larue zeroed with a new scope, very happy.

We’ve had a great time at the club today with my 11yr old daughter. She had a great time shooting my g17 with .22lr AA kit, then we moved to 100yds, she learned how to adjust scope and did pretty good groups with cz 457. Great day!
Her groups are below. She took the target to her room now, quite proud. :)
I am quite proud of her too.

Attachments

• AB533F79-EE26-450E-A476-D0314CAB4A45.jpeg
    AB533F79-EE26-450E-A476-D0314CAB4A45.jpeg
    545.1 KB · Views: 9
Back
Top Bottom