Have an AR built / Legal quick question.

Hello,
I live in MA and hold a class A permit and have bought guns from both dealers (store front) and individuals in the past. This is the first time I have gone and bought the parts form separate dealers to make 1 complete gun in this case a LMT (Lewis Machine and Tool) AR.

I recently bought a LMT Lower from a NH Dealer (was a Face to Face transaction pick-up / delivery in NH). Since then I have had a LMT Upper built form one of the dealers on AR15.com. The upper has no lug and has a Mass compliant muzzle brake / flash hider as well as a fixed stock.

The gun is put together and I am sure I am suppose to either take it to a gun store or possibly the local police station or file out a form filled out?

Not sure what to do now and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Bruce

Just fill out an FA-10 form and mail it to the address shown on the form. Fill it out as "registration" (put a check mark in the square marked "registration" in the upper left corner of the form. You can pick up the form at your local police station. If they don't have forms, call CHSB in Chelsea and they will mail you several forms:
http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=eopsage...iminal+History+Systems+Board+(CHSB)&sid=Eeops

As has been discussed here MANY times before, you need to file an FA-10 with the CHSB.

How is it someone who supposedly holds an LTC/A and has bought guns from private parties does not know that?

I simply not sure anbout the fact that I bought 2 seperate parts from 2 seperate dealers to make one gun if there were any special requirements

Thanks for the tude.

I [am] simply not sure anbout [sic] the fact that I bought 2 seperate [sic] parts from 2 seperate [sic] dealers to make one gun if there were any special requirements

The operative phrase being "make one gun." [rolleyes]

Yes you are correct I should have first hit spell check before sending an email like that and secondly, you are also correct re: "make one gun" I should have thought about what I was saying and saw the answer from the previous posts I was reading in this sight.

I thank you very much.
Humbly yours
Bruce
FYI....Just having fun and no harm/harsh words meant

The good news is that, because of the AR's design, you can put other uppers on it, including other calibers, without having to file another FA-10.

Back
Top Bottom