Help me complete my ar...

Ricky_Bobby

NES Member
I’m new to the world of ARs. Just picked up an aero x15 lower today from another member. I’m looking for a budget friendly upper to complete it. Going to need a bcg and sights as well. Trying to keep it budget friendly to an extent, let’s say under $700 complete.

Brownell's in-house BCG is damn good for the money. Toolcaft is also known to be great quality and value.

This guy does in depth dissections and reviews of BCGs.

Uppers seem to be coming back down a bit, here is one at Primary Arms

Uppers seem to be coming back down a bit, here is one at Primary Arms
A friend of mine sent me that link earlier.

Aero has their uppers and lpks for sale right now... go with aero lol...

Aero has been known to over spec their tolerances. I forget what milspec is but if milspec tolerance is .001 aero is like .0005 of an inch. Usually not an issue but sometimes with cheaper parts aero gets bitchy. Plus aero makes good stuff for reasonable prices

Aero has their uppers and lpks for sale right now... go with aero lol...

Aero has been known to over spec their tolerances. I forget what milspec is but if milspec tolerance is .001 aero is like .0005 of an inch. Usually not an issue but sometimes with cheaper parts aero gets bitchy. Plus aero makes good stuff for reasonable prices
If I could find something in stock I’d go with them.

$800 gets you a complete LaRue kit. .
Its everything except for the lower.

It obviously includes the BCG as well as LPK. The trigger used is their 2 stage MBT. Which normally sells for $90 on its own. The stock is good. The pistol grip kind of sucks. But that's about the only real clunker.

$800 gets you a complete LaRue kit. .
Its everything except for the lower.

It obviously includes the BCG as well as LPK. The trigger used is their 2 stage MBT. Which normally sells for $90 on its own. The stock is good. The pistol grip kind of sucks. But that's about the only real clunker.
Thanks it looks shitty online when I order it I'll make sure to grab a moe

A friend of mine put the LaRue kit on a preban lower he has and its a sweet shooter. He got the 16" PredatAR barrel. That's the thinner barrel.
Yeah ill be grabbing a larue kit soon.

I kinda want the larue lower though just to do it all up

Ended up going with a bca upper. We’ll see how it works out for me once I get the rest of the LEGOs together. Thanks for the suggestions.

Rather than start a new thread I’ll just jump on this one with a not-too important question...

Would I be stupid to search out and buy a 458 SOCOM upper?
I mean - I can’t find them anywhere at the moment. Is there a reason for that other than the fact that anything firearms related is hard to get these days? And as for ammo - well we know how available that is (in any caliber).
Or would it make more sense to go with 300BO? Tired of 223/556...been there done that. Just looking for something a little different.

Rather than start a new thread I’ll just jump on this one with a not-too important question...

I mean - I can’t find them anywhere at the moment. Is there a reason for that other than the fact that anything firearms related is hard to get these days? And as for ammo - well we know how available that is (in any caliber).
Or would it make more sense to go with 300BO? Tired of 223/556...been there done that. Just looking for something a little different.
I guess I would ask, what are you using it for? Long range or just plinking at the range?
If you go 300 BO you can use the same mags and BCG as well as lowers, just need to change the barrel and muzzle device. I've contemplated doing one in 300BO too. I have a .308 80% lower that should be arriving any day now. I haven't looked at 458 SOCOM but I may have too as this EBR disease and hard to kick.

I guess I would ask, what are you using it for? Long range or just plinking at the range?
If you go 300 BO you can use the same mags and BCG as well as lowers, just need to change the barrel and muzzle device. I've contemplated doing one in 300BO too. I have a .308 80% lower that should be arriving any day now. I haven't looked at 458 SOCOM but I may have too as this EBR disease and hard to kick.
Plinking at the range and my max there is 100 yards.
There are a ton of calibers you can use the same lower as 223/556 for - 300BO and 458 are 2 of them. You can also use the same mags for those 3 (and more) but for 458 its just single stacked.
Only thing you need to change is the upper/barrel/BCG. I believe you can even use the same buffer with 458 as 223/556.

Plinking at the range and my max there is 100 yards.
There are a ton of calibers you can use the same lower as 223/556 for - 300BO and 458 are 2 of them. You can also use the same mags for those 3 (and more) but for 458 its just single stacked.
Only thing you need to change is the upper/barrel/BCG. I believe you can even use the same buffer with 458 as 223/556.
Thanks, I didn’t know about the 458. Figured it was more like .308 or 6.5 Creedmore

I looked at 458 and 450 bushmaster and they seem to be very similar but the 450 is easier to find ammo for and cheaper too. A friend of mine bought a 450 upper and let me try it and its a lot of fun! Pretty good kick to it and really rang the steel @ 100yds.

I looked at 458 and 450 bushmaster and they seem to be very similar but the 450 is easier to find ammo for and cheaper too. A friend of mine bought a 450 upper and let me try it and its a lot of fun! Pretty good kick to it and really rang the steel @ 100yds.
Can you use standard 556 mags for 450? I have seen some 450 uppers for sale. Maybe I’ll look into those.

Back
Top Bottom